Reviving the One Deck Wonder

SolSionnach

bleuivy said:
Its okay to enable the deck now. I've already ordered it. :laugh: Between the Wheel of Change and the Shining Tribe, I really can't decide which deck to use until I get the Shining Tribe in my hands, feel it out. Trim the borders off, which I do pretty much to all the decks I use and use often...except the Wheel of Change. I actually like the WoC's borders. Go figure!

Both of those decks were on my shortlist, fwiw. (well, it was Shining Woman, because I still have that one). I'm not sure why I chose IW, because it gave me a hellish deck interview - but one that indicated that working together would change *me*. That would not be a bad thing!

I just didn't think that I could deal w/SW for 3 months solid, but I love how small it is (ST is bigger), and it's familiar from years ago. WoC, OTOH I could deal with! I don't mind the borders too much, makes working with Dignities easier.

Alamaris

thorhammer said:
I'm winding up to starting a specific "IDS Support Thread' or some such, since we're only a week out of the semi-official start date of the 19th of March. Just so I know, though, can anyone I've left off here, or included by mistake, or got the decks wrong, or not got any deck at all, please let me know at your leisure that it's wrong and I'll edit accordingly. This is the "roll-call" so far IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER :

Whoop, I think I forgot to say which decks I decided on: Universal Waite and Hadar Marseilles, at your leisure. Thanks! :D

thorhammer

kisou said:
:X I was forgotten from the list xD!

I'm going to be using the Amano Tarot~
Sorry! It's only coz I thought you had cancelled a few pages back . . . obviously I misunderstood. Adding you now.

\m/ Kat

Scion

And you can put me down for the Liber T as well, Kat... :) I'm in it to win it!
PeterS said:
I am for limiting books to those which are deck specific but feel that if I choose the Liber T, Scion’s guide will be included plus one book Thoth symbolism.
That's a huge compliment, Peter! And I'll be adding to the PDF info as well, on the fly... lots of new content as I complete this wacky translation. I just put a couple things to bed and I'm gearing up for the Readers Studio coming up in April.

Actually, I've been thinking about how best to participate in the IDS project and the truth is there isn't really a companion text for the Liber T (which is how the whole PDF started). Soooo, I think I may wind up writing the book that I'd like to study during the IDS while I'm doing the IDS project. :bugeyed: People keep urging me to take the PDF beyond the Liber T box and I'm thinking that the ODW/IDS focus may be the spur I needed to turn my research into the book it's actually becoming. Working exclusively with the Liber T can only help it, because the topic is related to my Liber T research, and sort of grew out of it, but is not available in any book, in print or out. Something I wouldn't have known before the Liber T started teaching me stuff.

Emily & I will both be Liber T-ing like maniacs, and it looks like a couple others might join in on the Stars Eternal. :) What better inspiration could I ask for?

I want to think more about how I'll proceed, but the title I'm itching to write doesn't exist and has a market and is gonna sit on my "interesting ideas" list if I don't knuckle down. Not sure how I can manage it writing-schedulewise, but I'm thinking that I'll use this period of time to force myself to grind out the relevant pages. :D Why not, I ask you?

SO... (ack! am I really saying this!) In the spirit of forcing myself to commit to the writing project, I'm chaining it to the IDS in my own mind. For this reason I am publically adding the following amendment to rule 6...
thorhammer said:
6. Journal with the deck at least once a week, if not more often. Use the threads for the group to help motivate you and encourage you to delve further into the symbolism and meaning of the cards.
...so that you're all a witness to it:
6(a) Every day for the duration of the project I will write at least one page (250 words) of topical nonfiction suitable for inclusion in the abovementioned book project.

That seems like a reasonable goal. It's high time and it will go a long way towards getting this project of my to-do pile. Besides, there's nothing like the pressure of a committed peer group to kick my asterix and get me in gear.

My own IDS rules will be the following:
1. Start at the Equinox, 19th of March.
2. Only the Liber T: Tarot of the Stars Eternal for ALL readings, study, journalling, idle flicking-through, mindless shuffling
3. Other decks will only be perused as new arrivals from an order to check quality and completeness. (my own codicil to that is Thoth images, upon which the Liber T is directly based, which appear in related research materials)
4. Reading material including companion books and non-card-specific texts
5. The deck to be handled every day
6. A page of related nonfiction a day, even if it means I don't sleep.

*gulp*

Scion

Gazel

SO... (ack! am I really saying this!) In the spirit of forcing myself to commit to the writing project, I'm chaining it to the IDS in my own mind. For this reason I am publically adding the following amendment to rule 6...
6(a) Every day for the duration of the project I will write at least one page (250 words) of topical nonfiction suitable for inclusion in the abovementioned book project.

That seems like a reasonable goal. It's high time and it will go a long way towards getting this project of my to-do pile. Besides, there's nothing like the pressure of a committed peer group to kick my asterix and get me in gear.

*gulp*

Scion

Dear Scion.
Wow, I must say. This IDS is really turning out to be even more exciting and interesting to follow and take part in than I could ever have anticipated. I salute you for your courage and creativity ;o)

Gazel

Astraea Aurora

Very nice!. Seems I don't have to be alone anymore. :D I'm really looking forward to the whole IDS support thing, although I'm the only one using BG. But who cares if there are other like-minded people with the same problem? :laugh:

Astraea Aurora :grin:

SolSionnach

Scion said:
And you can put me down for the Liber T as well, Kat... :) I'm in it to win it!
That's a huge compliment, Peter! And I'll be adding to the PDF info as well, on the fly... lots of new content as I complete this wacky translation. I just put a couple things to bed and I'm gearing up for the Readers Studio coming up in April.

Actually, I've been thinking about how best to participate in the IDS project and the truth is there isn't really a companion text for the Liber T (which is how the whole PDF started). Soooo, I think I may wind up writing the book that I'd like to study during the IDS while I'm doing the IDS project. :bugeyed: People keep urging me to take the PDF beyond the Liber T box and I'm thinking that the ODW/IDS focus may be the spur I needed to turn my research into the book it's actually becoming. Working exclusively with the Liber T can only help it, because the topic is related to my Liber T research, and sort of grew out of it, but is not available in any book, in print or out. Something I wouldn't have known before the Liber T started teaching me stuff.

Emily & I will both be Liber T-ing like maniacs, and it looks like a couple others might join in on the Stars Eternal. :) What better inspiration could I ask for?

I want to think more about how I'll proceed, but the title I'm itching to write doesn't exist and has a market and is gonna sit on my "interesting ideas" list if I don't knuckle down. Not sure how I can manage it writing-schedulewise, but I'm thinking that I'll use this period of time to force myself to grind out the relevant pages. :D Why not, I ask you?

1. Start at the Equinox, 19th of March.
2. Only the Liber T: Tarot of the Stars Eternal for ALL readings, study, journalling, idle flicking-through, mindless shuffling
3. Other decks will only be perused as new arrivals from an order to check quality and completeness. (my own codicil to that is Thoth images, upon which the Liber T is directly based, which appear in related research materials)
4. Reading material including companion books and non-card-specific texts
5. The deck to be handled every day

*gulp*

Scion

WOOOO!!
You go, dude!!

:D :D :D

I'll be holding your hand, because if Ironwing needs one thing, it's a BOOK. ;)

thorhammer

Great to have you, Scion!
Scion said:
. . .(my own codicil to that is Thoth images, upon which the Liber T is directly based, which appear in related research materials)
I wondered about that. Knowing what (little) I do about the Liber T and Thoth, I thought that they'd be pretty much inseparable. You guys will therefore be helping Star-Willow (sort of) in her work with the Thoth.
Scion said:
*gulp*

Scion
Indeed.

I admire you so much. Always have . . . but this . . . another level altogether. Thanks for joining us. :)

\m/ Kat

Maxwell

Thorhammer -- This sounds like such great fun! Add me to your list please! I'm in w/ the Rider-Waite deck.

Oddity

Wow, Scion, that is an amazing and impressive project.

What a wonderful idea to use this opportunity for something like that!