Reviving the One Deck Wonder

rwcarter

sravana,

It's a wise woman who knows when to call it quits and start over again. I applaud that you're self-aware enough to realize that the Ironwing wasn't going to work for you right now instead of sticking with it and hating every minute of it.:thumbsup: I'd be interested to hear how you get along with the L&S. It's in my collection, but I've never used it.

And before you start working too deeply with the L&S, treat yourself to some good chocolate as a reward for knowing your limits. ;)

Rodney

rwcarter

Promise said:
Damnit all!

I just asked my Noblet how it and I will get along, and it gave me nasty results.

Death, The Devil, The Moon...all of which I have a rather crappy feeling about.

What's a girl to do?

*sigh*
New beginnings, it'll become your new addiction and it'll get you past your confusion about TdM decks?

(I'm reaching here and trying to be supportive. :D)

Rodney

Mariana

Solitaire* said:
I have a strange, strong bond with it and that my journal of the cards is going to be two things---a final healing of things that are mostly healed already except for finishing touches and that this will contain the seeds of the book everyone has been telling me I should write about my life.

I don't journal about my decks and readings very faithfully, I have to confess. But about this one, every single card will have its place in my journal, with lengthy entries.

I want to thank Karen and Alex for this second special deck. They probably think I'm crazy, but I'm not. I've just been through a lot of "stuff" in my life and the Bohemian Gothic is like an album of all of it.
Solitaire, you lovely lady, I completely understand what you mean. And you're inspiring me to try the same. Not a standard ODW or IDS, I really don't need any more rules and obligations in my life, but just focusing on one deck and journaling in a very deep and personal way. Building a relationship and sifting through the story of my life. And yes, the BG would be the one, of course... Thanks for your inspiring example and for your willingness to be so open and human and vulnerable about your story. (((Solitaire)))

Promise

Normally, I would have interpreted it as such, but...

I dunno, maybe it's the cramps talking, but I just don't have a very yummy feeling about it.

Maybe something will jump out at me, 'cause I really am kinda at a stand-still on what to do.

thorhammer

:D

I've started the *official* thread!

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=1401001#post1401001

Please let me know if I've mucked up anything or you want any changes. I can't get too excited right now, as it's 5.55 in the morning and I have to leave for work in 25 minutes or so *ugh*. I'd rather be here.

Thanks, all!

\m/ Kat

thorhammer

sravana said:
Okay folks. Time to shove this baby into reverse and start over.

Yesterday I realized that I could not deal with the imagery in this deck, except in very small doses. Let's just say that it was becoming an unpleasant situation, so Kat, remove Ironwing as my chosen deck. :(
No worries, mate :). It's done. I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you - it was a big mouthful to try and chew, I gather! I read your comment in the de-enabling thread - very astute, about it being a wintertime deck and all that. Now, ST/SW would be an awesome Spring deck, I reckon! I look forward to hearing about your decision :) Best of luck.

\m/ Kat

Alta

Both threads are in Post 6 of the Talking Tarot Index thread.

Marion

SolSionnach

Promise said:
Damnit all!
I just asked my Noblet how it and I will get along, and it gave me nasty results.
Death, The Devil, The Moon...all of which I have a rather crappy feeling about.
What's a girl to do?
*sigh*

Well, if it's any comfort, I was feeling really good about the Greenwood, when it up and threw the moon at me, too. Same with Shining Tribe. You cannot BELIEVE how relieved I was when I got the Sun from L&S.

Was yours just a 3-card draw, and did you only use the trumps? If so, it's less of an issue than if you'd used the whole 78, IMO. But it sure would've been nicer to get the Empress, the Lovers, and the Star... :(

rwcarter said:
sravana,
It's a wise woman who knows when to call it quits and start over again. I applaud that you're self-aware enough to realize that the Ironwing wasn't going to work for you right now instead of sticking with it and hating every minute of it.:thumbsup: I'd be interested to hear how you get along with the L&S. It's in my collection, but I've never used it.
And before you start working too deeply with the L&S, treat yourself to some good chocolate as a reward for knowing your limits. ;)
Rodney

Thanks, Rodney! Frankly, I'm still rather shook up about the whole thing, and I'm not sure whether to just back away from Tarot for right now, or not.
As far as chocolate, I don't have any right now, but I went for a 45-minute walk in the glorious spring weather with the pooch. I hope that qualifies as a treat!

thorhammer said:
No worries, mate :). It's done. I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you - it was a big mouthful to try and chew, I gather! I read your comment in the de-enabling thread - very astute, about it being a wintertime deck and all that. Now, ST/SW would be an awesome Spring deck, I reckon! I look forward to hearing about your decision :) Best of luck.
\m/ Kat

Thanks, Kat. Ironwing is, for me, a very dark deck. So dark that I may well sell it. :bugeyed: But first I'd have to find the signed/numbered card - unfortunately it's in a book somewhere, dunno which book! And I have *tons*! lol
FWIW, I'm going to look at some of my oracles for this study, as well. Get a break from the 78, or something like that... ;)

thorhammer

Marion said:
Both threads are in Post 6 of the Talking Tarot Index thread.

Marion
Thankyou, Marion :)

\m/ Kat

thorhammer

sravana said:
FWIW, I'm going to look at some of my oracles for this study, as well. Get a break from the 78, or something like that... ;)
And there's a whole other can of worms! I could spend a very happy IDS with my Faeries, I know that! But when it comes down to it, I'm a Tarot girl. I :heart: the 78. Don't know why - maybe I like rules and structure??? Ah, it's too early in the am for this kind of philosophical discussion . . . :D

\m/ Kat