does anyone use pendulum board?

Pao

well I got my very first pendulum! its a lapis lazuli stone, very pretty :) I see a lot of places sell pendulum board with yes/no already carved in it. Does anyone use these pendulum boards? At first I thought it would be easier to use it but then I thought how limiting it is.

Does anyone have one? what do you think of them? Probably not very useful.

Pao

nobody huh? ah well.

phoenixblu

hi yes .. i do well did
I cant really use a pendulum as it goes where I want it to go!! when I did use the board i found it really hard to see where it was swinging... but i imagine it takes patience and practice.

There are more people here who use pendulums

Pao

thank you Phoenix. yes i already read all of the other threads on pendulums but there was no mention of boards that i could see and I wondered if anyone actually used these. i guess not. they should work well without it I guess.

Quester

I don't use a pendulum board . There are times when the pendulum wants to circle clock-wise for yes and other times in wants to go back and forth. I ask it what it wants to do before I use it. That might not work for everyone.

Pao

thank you Emily those charts look interesting, at least the spelling of words one :) i wonder if they work....

bershka

Pao said:
well I got my very first pendulum! its a lapis lazuli stone, very pretty :) I see a lot of places sell pendulum board with yes/no already carved in it. Does anyone use these pendulum boards? At first I thought it would be easier to use it but then I thought how limiting it is.

Does anyone have one? what do you think of them? Probably not very useful.

Hi Pao,

I recently bought a pendulum board for angelic guidance. It's called "Angelic Abundance in a box" by Angela McGerr and with a crystal pendulum, it has been helping me which issue it is best for me to work on at the moment with the help of an angels.

So, it's more of an angelic pendulum board :D

Bazaa

I'm waiting for my first pendulum to arrive on my mail, it's an amethyst crystal. I'm very excited to start studying divination via the pendulum, but I was also told that I should first go for easy questions, yes or no ones, and always ask the pendulum to show me yes and no before actually asking something. So I guess I won't be touching the boards in a while :D But thanks for the site Emily, I'll also try them when I feel more comfortable with the pendulum.

By the way, what do you guys recommend for beginner's practice with it? :)

starrystarrynight

Quester said:
I don't use a pendulum board . There are times when the pendulum wants to circle clock-wise for yes and other times in wants to go back and forth. I ask it what it wants to do before I use it. That might not work for everyone.
Funny you should mention this...I am relatively new to pendulum use (about a year now trying to get good results), and two days ago, I asked it to show me a "yes" response. It has always been a clockwise circle for Yes and a straight line back and forth for No for me...but two days ago, it showed me a counter-clockwise circle for Yes, and it did that again yesterday. So, I guess it is always a good idea to ask before every use!

Bazaa said:
By the way, what do you guys recommend for beginner's practice with it?
Several books I have read suggest starting by asking the pendulum to circle in a clockwise direction for you. Then ask it to stop. Do this for days or weeks until you get the result you have asked for. Then move on to a back-and-forth motion, and then ask it to stop. Do this for as long as it takes until you get the correct result. Then move on to counter-clockwise movement. This is all without asking any questions of it. You are just looking for movement.

After all that, then start asking it to show you a Yes movement, a No movement, and a Maybe or Unknown movement.

Then, you can go on to experiments using playing cards face down and holding the pendulum over them (one at a time) while asking if the card is a red or black suit...then move on to asking if it is a heart, club, spade or diamond, etc.

So far, I still get a LOT OF wishy-washy "answers" from my pendulum, and only when it really gives good movement (big circle or wide arc), do I pay it much attention. In other words, a lot of times, it doesn't seem to want to answer my question, so its movement is very weak.

Does anyone else get that? Or does your pendulum answer every single question you pose?