Bohemian Gothic - Knight of Cups and Six of Wands

Master_Margarita

Is it my imagination or do these cards look very much alike? Oh, of course,the 6 of Wands has Death riding after him (Pale Horse, Pale Rider?) and the Knight of Cups is carrying a lantern, but still they seem similar.

I don't usually associate these cards together.

:heart: M_M~

6 Haunted Days

Yes, I've always thought they looked very much alike!

I mean the faces, armour, horses etc are different, it's just they are both men riding in a triumphant manner through the gates of a castle on a horse....

Grizabella

Well, the Knight of Cups has nothing in his hands and the 6 of Wands guy has a great big spear thing (I can't remember the word for it but they used them in jousting) smeared in blood, so I don't think they're really that much alike, other than being men riding horses out of a castle door. Also, one wears nothing on his head and the other seems to be wearing a helmet. The Knight of Cups has a lantern behind him on my card, but isn't carrying it.

Master_Margarita

It's the fact that they're riding from left to right, and the castles seem similar to me.

:heart: M_M~

6 Haunted Days

Solitaire* said:
Well, the Knight of Cups has nothing in his hands and the 6 of Wands guy has a great big spear thing (I can't remember the word for it but they used them in jousting) smeared in blood, so I don't think they're really that much alike, other than being men riding horses out of a castle door. Also, one wears nothing on his head and the other seems to be wearing a helmet. The Knight of Cups has a lantern behind him on my card, but isn't carrying it.

The Knight of Cups is carrying a goblet in his hand.....

Grizabella

When you stop to think about it, you'll realize that the Knights in almost any deck kind of resemble each other. They're all riding horses, all carrying the symbol of their suit, etc.

Nightgarden

I've always hear the clippety-clop of the hoofs in my head, when I see the "Knight of Cups".
He is in a hurry, the horse begins to gallop...

Contrary to the Rider on "6 of Wands".
The horse trot very slowly and both are proud-horse and rider. They have a lot of time for self-display *gg*

Thirteen

I just got this deck and it seems to me that the Knight/Cups is riding out of the castle, but, oddly, on a second floor or across a bridge. His head is covered and so is his horse--he seems to be a bit hunched as if hurrying away from an affair. This makes him seem sadder to me, more on a secret mission.

The 6/Wands is riding, victorious and with that bloody spear to prove it out of a castle he's probably just conquered. He is bareheaded and his horse is not hidden. He wants everyone to see who he is and what he's done. He sits up quite defiantly.