Inaugural Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread

tarot4fun

I really enjoy my Sharman-Caselli. :D

Yesterday I studied all the Knights together~
This evening I looked at their horses. There is so much symbolism!
My plan is to continue with the horses, and then look at each knight individually.

I'm so glad to get back to the basics.

:heart:

sapienza

Silverlotus said:
Life with a new baby is very difficult (when do they start sleeping though the night?!), but is is also a time of great joy.

Just keep saying to yourself...."this is only a phase, it will pass very quickly". It seems like forever now but these first few weeks and months do fly by (well, my youngest is 14 months and I can say that NOW :D) I'd say life gets WAY better after about 6 months. As for sleeping through.....now that all depends.....

sapienza

tarot4fun said:
I really enjoy my Sharman-Caselli. :D

I'm so glad to get back to the basics.:heart:

So glad to hear you are enjoying the deck so much. Isn't it amazing what you discover when you spend time with the cards :)

Knight of Wands said:
Ok after MUCH thought and thinking, I've decided to change my IDS deck. At least it's only a week in...

I've decided to use the BBC.

Wow, that's a big decision. How are you feeling about it? Is this a new deck for you, or an old favourite?

Promise

Silverlotus I really do admire you greatly for going through this IDS with a new baby. I've never had children myself, but I've been working child care in a nursery setting for long enough to know how much stress and nervousness is involved. I do think it's wonderful that you're doing something for yourself during this time, though.

As crazy as this sounds, I'm really trying to get my BGS broken in. I like my cards to have that soft feel that they take on after prolonged use, and I love the texture that the art itself seems to get over time; I've been shuffling like mad for most of the day.

Some days, I feel like the crazy cat lady, only my issue isn't cats...it's tarot!

sapienza

Promise said:
Some days, I feel like the crazy cat lady, only my issue isn't cats...it's tarot!

:laugh: I absolutely know what you mean!

Essjay

Going well so far, obviously only a few days in. I'm using the Daily Draw thread as a sort of journal, I don't know if this counts? But I feel that at least I'm recording it somewhere, lol.

I am really wondering why I ever put my VR down in the first place. I really, really love working with it. The colours are so beautiful. Whoops, better stop! I am missing my BG, however. I would pull cards in the evening to reflect on the day gone, they have the right quality for that.

Knight of Wands

sapienza said:
Wow, that's a big decision. How are you feeling about it? Is this a new deck for you, or an old favourite?

I'm feeling ok - as much as I liked the Druidcraft, I just had reservations as I'm not Pagan inclined, and so the underlying belief system didn't match my own.

The BBC is an old favourite, but I don't think I've ever fully devoted enough time to it!

Alamaris

Maybe its just a bad few days, but the last four readings I've done (three daily and one larger spread) have been almost entirely -- if not totally -- redundant and incorrect. Not just in the sense of "I don't understand this at the moment" but more like "this makes absolutely no sense at all". I can't even post the readings for advice because there's too much backstory involved! :rolleyes:

I'm feeling a definite "dead" sense from the two decks as well. Until about 4 or 5 days ago, the Universal Waite was very talkative and seemed to have a vague consciousness, as most of my possessions do in time. But the last few days, not only the UW but the Hadar as well have felt like there's nothing there. Just a stack of cardboard with pictures on it. I can't even say they feel like a garden spade would, laying on the table. In my mind, that has the mental-thought-form of "useful" and "tool" and "potential to scoop dirt" attached to it... the decks, nothing. Yes, this is from me, Synesthesia Girl, who attaches personality to every inanimate object she comes across. Its sort of starting to worry me. Even the vivid dreams I was getting when sleeping with the decks have petered out slowly. Its not a matter of the decks being overused (I only started using the UW on the 19th, and the Hadar two days ago) or abused (I flinch if I so much as drop a card on the floor). "Cleansing" doesn't do anything for me, and I'm certainly not about to bury them in the backyard, but I did try smudging at the first sign of trouble (a reflex/habit from my shamanic training). I hope its not me, because then I'd really have a problem on my hands. (My disorder has even been doing better the last few days, if anything.) Don't have a clue what to do if it doesn't clear up!

Babble post summary: I'm perplexed and advice from those wiser than I would be appreciated. :)

sapienza

Alamaris said:
Babble post summary: I'm perplexed and advice from those wiser than I would be appreciated. :)

Hi there. I think I gave this same advice to Kat early on when she was struggling, maybe it might help. I'd think about why it was you chose to work with these two decks....try and write down ten reasons, ten things you really like about the decks (or ten for each of them :)) This might help to stir up some feelings that may have become burried under all the intellectualising that seems to happen when we launch into a full-on type of study of decks. It just might help you to re-establish an emotional bond.

I hope it goes well for you. Don't give up though....I'm sure there is meaning in this for you :)

PeterS

sapienza said:
:laugh: I absolutely know what you mean!

I think this is exactly why I took up the IDS in the first place! I wanted to begin to settle down in my Tarot practice.

Now that I am just using the one deck and only two books I feel tons better and way less like the crazy cat guy.