Inaugural Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread

sapienza

Gazel said:
That sounds nice Sapienza! Congratulations!

What exercises from the book did you do?

Gazel

Hi Gazel,

These are the exercises I've done and found really helpful:

Expanding the Three-Card Spread on page 132
Dealing with Depression (p.139) & Discovering Joy (p.141) - I did these ones last night.
Clarifying Your Options - p.159
I did quite a few of the exercises in Chapter 6 as well and found them helpful.

I also hope to do these as they sound great:

The Five-Year Fantasy - page 162
Planning with the TArot - page 168

It's such a fabulous book. I've had it for ages but have never really made the time to work through the exercises. I'm making time now and it's really been so insightful for me :)

Gazel

Hello Sapienza
- thank you so much for directing me ;o)
I'll take a closer look at them as soon as possible.

Now I'll take another reading on the Devil.
Had'nt the time yesterday in spite of best intentions.

Yours truly,

Gazel.

thorhammer

Wow, sapienza, what an awesome read for you! That does sound like a great excercise, as well. I'm bogged down in Forest of Souls, and have another six books on Tarot waiting my attention :rolleyes: and it took me almost four months to make it through 78 Degrees, so I'm no great shakes at sticking with books :laugh:! Never mind, though. I intend working with that book, but it's not on the list any time soon. Next is probably going to be either 21 Ways or Tarot Tells the Tale. But we'll see.

I got Orphalese yesterday! I straightaway got the Wheel of Change for it, and it's now my default deck (I do confess to slavering over the Aquatic Tarot for a while, though :D), and I'm already putting my journalling notes onto each card in there. I think it'll be an interesting addendum to my study, but not in any way the basis of my reading, as I love the feel of my cards too much, and anyway, the Orphalese one still has the damn borders on it! :mad: :D

\m/ Kat

Gazel

Sinned big time

I'll just confess to you that I've sinned big time this morning: Ordered both the Druidcraft and the Robin Wood. I'm going to check on completeness etc, and them put them aside at least until my birthday ... Promise.
Reason: Have had vivid dreams about both of them the last few nights ... had to act on this.
And now that I was sinning, I also ordered the Marseille De Forunier, that has been on my wishlist for months.

I'm totally blaming the Internet!!

According to my own rule about max owning 15 decks at the time, I have 3 left now ...

A sinner.

Essjay

Disa said:
Essjay that's great that you read for someone else! I haven't read much for others either, but when I did those readings for my mom it gave me the confidence that yes, maybe I CAN do this for strangers. In a way, it's easier than typing out the readings isn't it?

Thank you! Actually, it was your post that got me to actually do a reading!

Disa

Essjay said:
Thank you! Actually, it was your post that got me to actually do a reading!

Cool! I get so much inspiration from everyone here, I'm glad I could give some for once :)

sapienza you've had such great success with your deck- it's wonderful to see that. I think you really struck a chord with me when you said it's the taking time with the deck and getting off the computer that will do it for us- slowly but surely I am becoming "unplugged" for longer intervals. I have that Mary K. Greer book as well and need to spend more time with it.

Gazel I think you'll find in the Druidcraft- there really is no such thing as sin :)

Kat how do you like that oraphalese? I tried to download it a few times and always had trouble getting it to work.

fluffy

I am not sure how it is going at all :( I am doing a daily draw, which doesn't make much sense, reading about the basis of the deck (very interesting), doing readings, but still do not feel inspired.

I am expecting a package soon from Nina a Thoth, it will be my first and am tempted to change my deck, but I know that it is just because I am still not "getting" the Bosch. I've trimmed it, shuffled it, looked at it and yet I am not inspired although I do like the imagery.

Help!

Love Fluffy
xx

rwcarter

fluffy said:
I am not sure how it is going at all :( I am doing a daily draw, which doesn't make much sense, reading about the basis of the deck (very interesting), doing readings, but still do not feel inspired.
fluffy, it looks like you're doing your draws either the night before for the next day or the morning of for that day. Maybe doing the draws at the end of the day as a reflection back on the day would help? Also for me, I find that I need the additional context provided by three cards that (for me, YMMV) I don't get with just one card.

fluffy said:
I am expecting a package soon from Nina a Thoth, it will be my first and am tempted to change my deck, but I know that it is just because I am still not "getting" the Bosch. I've trimmed it, shuffled it, looked at it and yet I am not inspired although I do like the imagery.

Help!

Love Fluffy
xx
As I said in response to an earlier post, no one's gonna jump on your case or give you grief if you change your deck. But I will ask you to consider this question - If what you're doing isn't working, have you tried a different approach before choosing a different deck? One of the original reasons for the IDS support thread was to provide/get help for those times when working with a deck gets hard and it seems easier to change the deck than to overcome whatever the difficulty is. You're the only person who can make that call.

I have your back though, whatever you decide.

(((((fluffy)))))

Rodney

thorhammer

Disa said:
Kat how do you like that oraphalese? I tried to download it a few times and always had trouble getting it to work.
I'm actually really liking it. It's never going to replace a deck, of course, but I did one of my "daily" (as in, every three days or so) readings with it yesterday afternoon, and for the "Progress" card, I got The Lovers, which was the Major in my Energy spread (as posted by Gazel) for this week! Added to that, it actually had a great significance for me yesterday :heart:. So, in short, Ophalese good. I believe that the program dude (Richard?) is very helpful if you have problems, so maybe try again?

\m/ Kat

thorhammer

fluffy said:

Help!

Love Fluffy
xx
((((Fluffy))))! This is, as Rodney said, exactly why the thread's here! Please don't give up on your deck, as we all knew there would be hard patches with each of our decks before we started. This is the precise reason that the IDS will help us - because when it all gets too hard with one deck, we habitually run to another for some variety, rather than working through the obstacles. It's those obstacles that are signposts, telling us when we've reached a ceiling with the deck we've chosen to work with. Whenever we see that as a reason to change direction, we're refusing ourselves the opportunity to grow and deepen our understanding of that particular deck. Please, please don't give the Bosch the flick just yet!

\m/ Kat