Inaugural Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread

Gazel

mosaica said:
I felt the same way just before I got my foot surgery earlier this week.

I certainly hope it went well.

(That won't happen for you. All of your cards will be lovely! :) )

That I hope too. But I was wondering how to feel about it had I a The Tower or something like that coming up - before giving birth. I simply prefer not asking about it. Just wait for it to start and be in it, trying to remember my yoga breathing exercises and what I learned from my previous experience.

And maybe meditate on the Empress, unless I simply forget everything about tarot in the rush of it (which I properly will).

Sometimes meditation on the outcome that you want is the better way to go. It wouldn't have been good for me to see all these negative cards beforehand. You want to go into it with a positive and calm frame of mind.

Perhaps I should have taken a more active roll in my surgery and meditated, instead of just drawing cards after the fact. I'll have to try to remember this in the future! You *can* help to create the reality that you seek. (Encouragement to myself as well as to you. Thanks for reminding me of this, Gazel. :) )

Hey - I did'nt really remind you, you did yourself - I should be thanking you ;o) and I am thanking you for reminding me ...

Love, Gazel

fluffy

Never mind Starlily, like you said there is always next time.... Look forward to seeing you there.

My studies are also a bit stagnant at the moment. I am still trying to do my daily draws with some success, but am not journalling all my readings. I am still sticking with it.

Love Fluffy
xx

Gazel

tarot4fun said:
That's so cute how your daughter likes to look at your cards with you~ :)

Yes that was fun. Today she took them and tried to run away with them ;o)

A slow and gentle path is good for some of us~ :D
I'm taking it kind of easy too~
:heart:

And then it might take a little longer ;o)

Gazel.

tarot4fun

Starlily, Blessings on your path~ :)

tarot4fun

Gazel said:
And then it might take a little longer ;o)
You know, I'm actually OK with that idea! :bugeyed: :D I'm really enjoying this!

Today I treated myself to a new postcard for My Southwest Postcard Oracle~
Dia de los Muertos Cowboy

blackroseivy

Well, I'm well again & hoping to be back in the saddle with the DVE.

It really does seem to give very interesting readings - as long as I don't have to use the method that CM gives!!! :bugeyed: THAT is just TOO MUCH!

afrosaxon

How odd...

I'd posted earlier that I received the Gaian Tarot as a gift. I'd even considered doing TWO IDS studies at the same time (NOVT and Gaian), and mentioned it to thorhammer.

I figured hey...what would be the harm? I wouldn't be giving up on the NOVT, so I would still fulfill that particular IDS pledge.

I went and bought a new notebook for the Gaian. Told myself I'd start the next day.

Then I said I'd start on Sunday.

Today is Monday, and I sit and stare at the neatly labeled notebook for the Gaian Tarot IDS.

And I stare at my lovely Gaian.

And I have no desire to IDS with it right now.

When I received it, I thought I just HAD to study it RIGHT THEN AND THERE! Now...it can wait.

How odd is THAT? :D

There is probably a life lesson in this somewhere...:laugh:

T.

blackroseivy

Well! There you go - just do another one sometime when you're ready with that one!

Prism

Hello again everyone,

I'm still in love with my Prague, but I have not been doing my daily draws and journaling with any regularity, and I've decided that's just fine. It dawned on me (perhaps a little late!) that I'm in a way different place than most of you, since I'm such a newbie to the whole tarot thing. So I have a lot to learn.

I have been doing the reading circles, and I've started on the 21 Ways exercises. All of it is new and exciting to me.

I am enjoying reading everyone's posts.

Good luck with the baby, Gazel!

Prism

Gazel

tarot4fun said:
You know, I'm actually OK with that idea! :bugeyed: :D I'm really enjoying this!

Today I treated myself to a new postcard for My Southwest Postcard Oracle

I treated my self with the Tarot de Marseille Fournier, which I collected from the Post Office today. I think it is really nice, and seems to be easier to handle, smaller cards and a ... another texture ... can't really put it into words. Looks promising, but for me a Marseille deck is a total other story. Just glad I'm having one now. I like the bright colours, but have to work on working with the non illustrated Minors.

But for now it is the UW - so I looked it through two times for completeness, then put it away in my tarot deck basket on the book shelves.

Otherwise I experience that even if I don't have the time or energy to actually handle the cards on a daily base, after starting this IDS, I'm thinking or daydreaming or even dreaming about the cards much more than usual, so something is really going on, and some insights are gained. But on a more intangible level, than I could ever have anticipated.

Gazel