Inaugural Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread


> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot



 
sapienza's Avatar
sapienza  sapienza is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 27 Oct 2001
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,680
sapienza 

Hi Promise, welcome back

I think the way you are approaching this sound just wonderful. It's so good that you've got a better idea now of what is likely to work for you. And your first attempt definitely wasn't a failure because it sounds like it taught you something valuable in that now you are clearer in what you want and need from tarot.

So glad to have you hear again. I hope you enjoy working with your deck/s and runes
Top   #771
Essjay's Avatar
Essjay  Essjay is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 Feb 2008
Location: World
Posts: 3,779
Essjay 

Hey Promise! Brilliant that you're back - good news. I must admit that I was thinking about the BG as I used to use it often before the IDS but didn't think that I could handle it for all three months as it's quite intense - so went for the VR.

IDS going well, I did my first spread for a person who actually asked for a reading (as opposed to me bullying family members). They weren't related to me or anything but found out that I read and asked me to read. It went quite well but I was very nervous.

Journalling and three card spreads have fallen aside but I'm just doing what feels right and am feeling quite content with it all.
Top   #772
sapienza's Avatar
sapienza  sapienza is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 27 Oct 2001
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,680
sapienza 

So glad to hear your reading went well Essjay
Top   #773
afrosaxon's Avatar
afrosaxon  afrosaxon is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 Dec 2007
Location: MIA
Posts: 5,630
afrosaxon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essjay
Hey Promise! Brilliant that you're back - good news. I must admit that I was thinking about the BG as I used to use it often before the IDS but didn't think that I could handle it for all three months as it's quite intense - so went for the VR.

IDS going well, I did my first spread for a person who actually asked for a reading (as opposed to me bullying family members). They weren't related to me or anything but found out that I read and asked me to read. It went quite well but I was very nervous.

Journalling and three card spreads have fallen aside but I'm just doing what feels right and am feeling quite content with it all.
Congrats, Essjay!

Good re: your reworked IDS "plan". Contentment is key.

T.
Top   #774
Essjay's Avatar
Essjay  Essjay is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 Feb 2008
Location: World
Posts: 3,779
Essjay 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapienza
So glad to hear your reading went well Essjay
Thanks

It sort of turned into more of a discussion as he knew that I've only been doing this for a year or so. So I kind of talked about what the cards traditionally meant but explained that it could mean a. b. or c. if you know what I mean.

I think it taught me quite a lot. I was glad that it was quite interactive.


eta: thanks afrosaxon! ((()))
Top   #775
afrosaxon's Avatar
afrosaxon  afrosaxon is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 Dec 2007
Location: MIA
Posts: 5,630
afrosaxon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promise
After taking some time to myself to reflect on a LOT of things, including what I really want out of Tarot and what I really want out of myself, I've decided to try this again, with a different deck and some different guidelines for myself.

I'd like to jump back in using the Tarot of Prague, 1st Edition, in conjunction with the Little Czech Oracle. I've had all of my others decks put away for the past week or so, and this time, it just feels right. I'm not fearful and second-guessing myself and my chosen deck. The whole "failure" with the BG was a learning experience for me, that's for sure.

I'm not going to stress myself out over journaling or daily draws this time, either. My goal with the IDS this time is to get myself into a SUSTAINABLE routine with the Tarot of Prague and the Little Czech Oracle, a daily, sustainable routine that fits comfortably with my life and my lifestyle. Journaling is nice, but it's not something I have the time or inclination to do every day, so you know what? If I get to it, fine--if not, fine.

I hope no one minds me jumping back in like this. I've thought about it, and I really do want to give this another try. Now that my head is clearer and I've really shifted my focus and my mentality, I feel like I'm in a better place now, and that I can really devote myself to getting to know these decks better.

OH, and I'll be allowing myself to play with my runes, because...well, I enjoy them, and I don't see any reason I shouldn't.

Good for you, Promise! Welcome back.

T.
Top   #776
Promise's Avatar
Promise  Promise is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 28 Dec 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,645
Promise 

Awww, thanks guys!

This is a perfect example of why I love this forum so much; everyone is so supportive that it's unreal.

Congrats on the reading, Essjay! Sounds like you had a sitter who has not only interested in what you had to say, but in helping you learn. Those are always the best readings, to me at least-the ones that seem like you're talking to an old friend.
Top   #777
Prism's Avatar
Prism  Prism is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 14 Feb 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,587
Prism 

Hi Everyone,

I'm back to doing daily draws, which I had found I was missing. Still two cards, with the first being what's important today, and the second how can I contribute today. It feels more active and positive than how I was doing it before.

My journaling is somewhat sporadic, but this morning was a good morning.

I'm so glad you're back and that you'll be using the Tarot of Prague, Promise. Now there are two of us.
Top   #778
Essjay's Avatar
Essjay  Essjay is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 Feb 2008
Location: World
Posts: 3,779
Essjay 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promise
Awww, thanks guys!

This is a perfect example of why I love this forum so much; everyone is so supportive that it's unreal.

Congrats on the reading, Essjay! Sounds like you had a sitter who has not only interested in what you had to say, but in helping you learn. Those are always the best readings, to me at least-the ones that seem like you're talking to an old friend.
Thank you! He was a great sitter, informal and light-hearted. It really taught me a lot.
Top   #779
Myrrha's Avatar
Myrrha  Myrrha is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 23 Sep 2002
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,652
Myrrha 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promise
After taking some time to myself to reflect on a LOT of things, including what I really want out of Tarot and what I really want out of myself, I've decided to try this again, with a different deck and some different guidelines for myself.

I'd like to jump back in using the Tarot of Prague, 1st Edition, in conjunction with the Little Czech Oracle. I've had all of my others decks put away for the past week or so, and this time, it just feels right. I'm not fearful and second-guessing myself and my chosen deck. The whole "failure" with the BG was a learning experience for me, that's for sure.

I'm not going to stress myself out over journaling or daily draws this time, either. My goal with the IDS this time is to get myself into a SUSTAINABLE routine with the Tarot of Prague and the Little Czech Oracle, a daily, sustainable routine that fits comfortably with my life and my lifestyle. Journaling is nice, but it's not something I have the time or inclination to do every day, so you know what? If I get to it, fine--if not, fine.

I hope no one minds me jumping back in like this. I've thought about it, and I really do want to give this another try. Now that my head is clearer and I've really shifted my focus and my mentality, I feel like I'm in a better place now, and that I can really devote myself to getting to know these decks better.

OH, and I'll be allowing myself to play with my runes, because...well, I enjoy them, and I don't see any reason I shouldn't.
Welcome back! It seems like several of us have individualized the IDS so that it reflects what works for us in order to help us focus. I like your idea of gettin into a sustainable routine. That seems really worthwhile.

--Myrrha
Top   #780
Elsewhere on the Tarot Forum
Popular Tarot Boards
· Using Tarot Cards
· Talking Tarot
· Tarot Spreads
· Tarot Decks
· Rider-Waite-Smith

Special Interest Boards
· Astrology
· Crystals & Herbs
· Divination
· Lenormand
· Spirituality

Popular Tarot Threads
· Pet Peeves
· Timing of cards
· Interesting tarot pairs
· The Moon as how someone feels
· The World as feelings

More Tarot Threads
· Cards for certain events
· Tarot meanings for health
· List of Tarot Questions
· Can Tarot be Dangerous?
· List of Tarot Myths



Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot eBooks
· Tarot Card Meanings

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us. About us.