Inaugural Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Citizen

kwesifriends 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Wands
No-one likes my reading circle idea

I may just go cry like the KoC I am....
Don't be sad I think your suggestion is great but I think some people are not yet comfortable with there new card that they can't still control them. Have fun everyone appreciated your suggestion!
Top   #71
Citizen

bleuivy 

KoW, I think your reading circle idea is a great one. Unfortunately, I won't be able to participate. One of the IDS rules I've made for just myself is that I'm not reading for anyone else at all for the entirity of the IDS. I want to get back to basics, reading for just myself, which is why I started reading tarot.

But I think a reading circle is a lovely idea for people who are allowed to read for others.
Top   #72
Citizen

Nina* 

Quote:

*I* want to read with you, Jim.
Top   #73
Citizen

Knight of Wands 

Thanks guys... Yes Kwesi, some people may not feel ready.

Blueivy, ok, you're forgiven from not being able to participate

And Nina - There's two of us, at least!
Top   #74
~ Collector of words ~

WolfSpirit 

*offers KoW a hanky*
I think it is a great idea, and I want to join
Once every two weeks sounds about right for me.
I am sure there will be more people joining, I think half the forum is still asleep or getting up at the moment.

Alamaris ~ I bookmarked the site I was thinking of doing the same thing, it would be nice to join a forum that does it too...if I can choose the number of words I will write it may be doable for me. I would not want to commit myself to a lot of writing but it will be nice to write on a regular basis, with the help from my deck.

Looks like I am going to be busy after all...great
Top   #75
Citizen

Knight of Wands 

*dabs eyes with hanky*

Wooh

My self worth is returning

Haha!

Reading Circles are fun - I don't mind heading it and sorting it out, unless someone else really wants to of course!
Top   #76
Citizen

Nina* 

Quote:
Reading Circles are fun - I don't mind heading it and sorting it out, unless someone else really wants to of course!
I definitely think you should. Just let us know when it's up!
Top   #77
Citizen

PeterS 

Quote:

WoldSpirit was right about me. Your post came about 3:00 in the morning for me. I am in on the whole idea of exchanging readings. I wonder if it might not need to be less structure and if we should put this in a thread in the Reading Exchange forum devoted to IDS?

One thing that will make this IDS most profitable for me will be getting in and doing readings.

Peter
Top   #78
Citizen

Knight of Wands 

Ok everyone - I've made a thread - Here

Enjoy
Top   #79
Citizen

mosaica 

MY IDS pledge:

1. I started doing daily draws with the Thoth on Mar. 10, but my official study period will begin on Mar. 19, and I will continue to work with, study, and read with the deck for at least three months, until June 22. (At that time, I will evaluate whether I want to continue for a longer time period.)

2. I have bought myself a new notebook specifically for the Thoth deck, and I will journal daily, both on paper and online.

3. I will only pick up other decks when received in trade or from an order. I will keep new deck acquisitions to a minimum in order to decrease my temptation to use other decks.

4. I will read and acquire only books that discuss the Thoth deck and its images, along with any non-card-specific books that I may already have.

5. I will handle, shuffle, study, and/or read with the Thoth deck every day. In the beginning, these readings will only be for myself, but I hope to get to a point where I feel comfortable using the deck to read for others. I will begin to read for others whenever I feel ready to do so.

6. I will allow myself one crutch or concession: If I feel the need to compare or contrast the Thoth with an RWS, for the purposes of greater understanding of the Thoth system ONLY, I will use the Lo Scarabeo (it incorporates some Thoth symbolism, and it drew me to the Thoth). The ultimate goal, however, is to feel like I have a firm understanding of the Thoth on its own.

7. This is going to be fun!

Mosaica
Top   #80
Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot eBooks
· Tarot Card Meanings

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.