Inaugural Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Wanderer

Emily 

I'm back from my holiday - my little experiment with the Pocket Universal Waite went well but I should have taken the Liber T with me.

I've found my reading style has changed, I tried to read the Universal Waite intuitively but it was hard going, there didn't seem much to work with. It seemed insipid and boring. I missed the busyness of the Liber T, the artwork, the colours - I just 'missed' the whole deck.

It did show me that I'm not finished with the Liber T yet so I intend to carry on with this study until I feel ready to move on. So apart from this little hiccup, I'm starting my ninth month with the Liber T.
Top   #981
Resident

PolarBear 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
I'm starting my ninth month with the Liber T.
Wow Emily - that's impressive!
I'm starting my 3rd month with the Llewelleyn ... which was planned to be my final month, however, I may extend it a bit. Although I am raring to get back to some of my other decks, I haven't yet been through all the cards.

Although the notes I'm making are very basic (some only a paragraph or so) - this represents the first time I have systematically been through each card in a deck and that is a big step forward in my approach to tarot. So it may well be worth a little more effort ...

I'm especially proud of myself as I am currently redoing my kitchen, and it's very tempting to escape from the mess (both physical and mental!) by diving into a new deck.

However .. I will be strong

Though I still don;t think I could manage 9 months! (good job I'm not planning kids eh! )

PolarBear
Top   #982
Citizen

thorhammer 

Good for you, Em!

After almost three months of IDS with my Wheel of Change . . . I'm finally starting to study it!

Really, we had a rocky start. It was love-hate for a while there, and things weren't all that intensive for a fair bit. But it is now, and it's getting to the point where the thought of using another deck is a source of . . . well, fear. I'm afraid of getting out of this extremely comfortable relationship I've got with the Wheel . . . is that a bad thing? I don't know.

When the three months is up, I think I'll be trying to step out, with the Liber T and Thoth, but the Wheel will be there, no doubt about it. It helps that it kind of follows the Thoth (in the loosest way possible, that is) - well, at least it's not in direct contradiction! I hope it works out . . .

\m/ Kat
Top   #983
~ Collector of words ~

WolfSpirit 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorhammer
After almost three months of IDS with my Wheel of Change . . . I'm finally starting to study it!
I understand what you mean

I feel I have not done much intensive study at the beginning...I have used the SW a lot and I am enjoying it...I feel some (well, maybe all) cards deserve a deeper study and I only have done a few so far...but three months is not really a deadline when it should be fnished of course, tarot study is a lifelong work
So I will continue to study after the Solstice but I am looking forward to spending time with my other decks as well.
As it is, maybe I have been too busy with other things these last months to do a really intensive deck study...but at least I made a start with it
Top   #984
Citizen

afrosaxon 
I'm DONE!!!

Wow...I can't believe it.

As of today, June 5, I have completed an IDS of all 79 cards in the New Orleans Voodoo Tarot.

I knew it was coming, but still...I had to go back through each page to make sure that I actually studied and made notes on each card.

I have a much better and deeper understanding of the deck, which will help me become a better reader.

I have been too lazy to type up the rest of my notes and update the NOVT index, but it will happen.

Thorhammer, thank you for starting this up. I really benefitted from it.

I may start IDS with the Osho Zen next, or maybe get back into the Daughters of the Moon. Right now, though, I'm going to take a little break.

T.
Top   #985
Citizen

thorhammer 

Good for you, afrosaxon!!!! That must be such a feeling of accomplishment! You're an inspiration - your discipline, and that of people like Rodney, through this exercise has been so uplifting and encouraging to me at least . Thankyou for being here for it all!

\m/ Kat
Top   #986
Citizen

Myrrha 

Wow!! Afrosaxon you have really been dedicated to this study. You are definitely an inspiration!

Congratulations !

--Myrrha
Top   #987
The last in line

Disa 

Congratulations, afrosaxon! I really admire your dedication. Well done!
Top   #988
Citizen

Skimo 

Hello everyone,

Still IDSing here.

My Halloween deck went successfully through the Umbrae method and is now easier to shuffle (the 10 of Imps/wands did suffer a little during the process, but it's his burden).

My journal is full, so I am not journalling anymore (need to find a new one).

I have also received the MAAT, and it's hard not to open the box...
Top   #989
Citizen

thorhammer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimo
(the 10 of Imps/wands did suffer a little during the process, but it's his burden).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimo
I have also received the MAAT, and it's hard not to open the box...
I am HATING you right now!!! You lucky thing, to have such a deck One day, maybe I'll get there . . . you enjoy it, enjoy the anticipation!!!

\m/ Kat
Top   #990
Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot eBooks
· Tarot Card Meanings

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.