Ziriya Talking Board

sunflowr

Has anyone here ever used a Ziriya talking board? It's sort of like a Ouija board, as it has the letters of the alphabet, and numbers and yes-no options. But it also has what looks to be probably about 200 hundred or so words on it. (I havent counted, but it has aLOT of words).

Here's what it looks like (there's an online version):

http://www.museumoftalkingboards.com/ziriins.html

They don't make them anymore, but I won one on Ebay recently and it arrived in the mail yesterday. It's so beautiful! It's made of a plywood I believe (no bent cardboard here!), and interesting planchette shaped like a hand, where the index finger of it is used as the pointer. The finish is really smooth, and this is a very well made board. It hardly shows its age! (it was made in 1974).

I want to try it out soon and see how it all works.

I've heard people that have also made homemade versions of this board, which is definitely very do-able. I would've too, if I hadnt come across the Ebay auction for it.

I look forward to hearing what others have to say about this board, and their experiences with it if you have ever tried one. :)

Milfoil

Nope, never seen one before but it does look like a new take on the ouija board doesn't it?

I'll be interested to know how you get on with it.

:)

HearthCricket

Very cool! I gave it a try and came up with:

Just attract smart friend week.

Apparently this week I should concentrate on my intellect and those who inspire me, rather than waste time with small talk! I like this! :)

sunflowr

HearthCricket said:
Very cool! I gave it a try and came up with:

Just attract smart friend week.

Apparently this week I should concentrate on my intellect and those who inspire me, rather than waste time with small talk! I like this! :)

I like that! :) Or maybe you will attract a smart friend this week.. or a friend that gives you an answer you've been seeking. Someone with alot of wisdom to impart to you.

sunflowr

Milfoil said:
Nope, never seen one before but it does look like a new take on the ouija board doesn't it?

I'll be interested to know how you get on with it.

Havent tried it yet but hoping to this weekend. :)

edit to add: I take that back. I did try it out a bit, just a practise run of sorts, when I got it out of the box. I've been seeking some new employment opps, and the board told me to "create $". :)

HearthCricket

I just tried another.

Happy well now one.

I am presently happy and well! That is good to know! :D (Apparently the board doesn't realize I have cramps, but that is another matter!)

Milfoil

I got:

Grand, smart, full, attention, news, develop, kind, together, but pleasure, after happy.

So big stuff, stay alert, wait for news then develop what comes, be kind to others and find pleasure in eventual happiness.

Sounds good to me.

HearthCricket

I decided to ask about my weekend and got this:

possible, amount, pressure, him, angry, affection

Aha! Grouchy husband alert! He is under pressure and has loads of work to do, but at the same time he also needs to do the taxes. So, he will get angry and frustrated, and I should be thoughtful and kind towards him, knowing the pressure he is under.

I love this thing! lol

Furnacechant

I got "Warm Joy is sudden conflict cure Maybe owe nice." It went to "Nice" about three or four times, so I guess thinking charitable thoughts is my important concept for the week...I've never been a fan of regular Ouija, but that looks like an intelligent variation on the concept. It's really quite fun.

HearthCricket

I am addicted to this thing! I want one!! Today I asked about the coming week and received:

write, soon, energy, unusual, position

This is going to take some thought, but it seems as soon as I have the energy I need to write soon to someone who may be in an unusual position, or that I am in one. Ooh. I just figured out who, as well. Yes, a misunderstanding in an email with a longtime friend almost flared out into a fight and I do feel I should write to make sure everything is back on track and smooth things out. Interesting....