Are these tarot books good or bad?

flicker

I have these books in my collection that I am yet to read. I dont know if they are worth reading or not. opinions needed please, thanks flicker

The Tarot Life Planner: Change Your Destiny and Enrich Your Life (Hamlyn Mind, Body, Spirit S.) (Paperback)
by Lady Lorelei

Mistake buy it has scrawlings in it. I thought it was meanings but instead its a personal transformation book. I dont like it at all.
The Tarot Life Planner: Change Your Destiny and Enrich Your Life (Hamlyn Mind, Body, Spirit S.) (Paperback)
by Lady Lorelei

Tarot Workbook: Featuring the Classic Sharman-Caselli Deck by Juliet Sharman-Burke

78 degrees of wisdom
Tarot set Thunderbay press but I only have the book. I gave cards and cloth away.
http://www.thunderbaybooks.com/detail.asp?ISBN=1592231381

Jane Struthers book about tarot i ching. came with a set.

moderndayruth

78 Degrees of Wisdom is a classic, i think it's a must, some people find it too philosophycal though.

AJ

Read everything, keep what you want and fling the rest re: the knowledge contained therein.
Tarot is an enormous subject and no one or two books will be the one that fits you perfectly for all occasions.

I've had maybe 40 tarot related books since I started, some are a one time read and then I sell or donate them, some I've read a number of times, and a few are always at hand for frequent reference.

What books work for me may not do a thing for you, and it all depends too, on where we are on the journey. What was just what I needed a few years ago may be useless to me today; something that made absolutely no sense at all a couple of years ago may be absolutely what I need today.

flicker

its nice you donate the books AJ. Thanks for the insight. I enjoy 78 degrees of wisdom so far and I am happy to have it in my collection. I am happy to listen to recommendations.

Shade

i'd love to give another shout out to 78 Degrees. If it seems a bit too advanced at first keep it but also buy Pollack's "Seeker" which has a somewhat lighter, more straightforward approach to the cards and might be easier for people new to Pollack 's style of writing. When you've finished those two go get The Forest of Souls.

6 Haunted Days

Shade said:
i'd love to give another shout out to 78 Degrees. If it seems a bit too advanced at first keep it but also buy Pollack's "Seeker" which has a somewhat lighter, more straightforward approach to the cards and might be easier for people new to Pollack 's style of writing. When you've finished those two go get The Forest of Souls.

Just a word of caution, "Seeker" is written for teens, with plenty of talk about exams, dating, prom, college, parties....things like that, Not sure an adult would like it much, I know I sure didn't!

Sade

78 degrees of wisdom is good. a bit out there at times but you can get a lot of good info from it.

You can't go wrong with anything by Mary K Greer -- she is brilliant!

Vadella

78 degrees is a must have. :laugh:

xx
Vad