$35 credit, which deck should I get?

.traveller.

Phooey. NOVT is gone.

franniee

I like the celestial and the spiral and both are by the same person.... they both smell, though! The celestial has a book that is pretty cool....goes thru the myths and the constellations. I do like the deck! The spiral is second for me to the celestial... it is easy to read. But remember they have high gloss lamination and they do smell!!

Afrosaxon rocks with the NOVT you can ask her. :)

Vesper

Please help, for those of us playing along at home, what does NOVT stand for?

franniee

evelone said:
Please help, for those of us playing along at home, what does NOVT stand for?

New Orleans Voodoo Tarot.... :laugh: i didn't follow along the first time i heard it either. :)

Vesper

Thanks, franniee!

The artwork is gorgeous on that deck. Maybe too intense for me, but then I'm not into Santeria and voudon. Come to think of it, there could be times when being pushed out of a comfort zone is just what's needed.

morticia monroe

I don't see a black and white deck in your collection..Perhaps the Light and Shadow for $17.95? And that leaves money left over for a new tarot book as well. :)

It is a larger deck, along the lines of the Druidcraft.

Debra

Grab the Light and Shadow if you like it--it's out of print (according to Umbrae) and it's really quite striking. Big cards, wonderful art.

Or ... wait. Sounds like you're not enthused about anything right now--and maybe in a few weeks something will catch your eye!

Vesper

I agree with Debra, don't get any tarot decks right now. Get a deck because you WANT it, not because you have a credit (and the Light and Shadow can be had for less, if you shop around...try half.com)

Overstock has lots of stuff. Maybe you really want new slippers, or a toaster oven.

flicker

.traveller. said:
World Spirit (? Looks a bit chintzy from the scans)

sorry but your style of decks you wanted reflectd NOVT so I went with that.

.traveller.

flicker said:
sorry but your style of decks you wanted reflectd NOVT so I went with that.

Oh I like the art, but the cardstock looked wimpy so I wasn't sure.