Empress as an insecurity

BLFO

What is Empress as an insecurity for a man, especially in relationships?

Does it mean that he thinks he is effiminate, not man enough?

Or does he feel he needs a lot of female attention, or care? Like emotional support, physical nurturing (due to health issues?), or sexual co-dependency?

GoddessArtemis

He feels some woman is too good for him, she's too much woman for him? I get a "not good enough" feel from this. Don't know if it applies.

GA

Paulb

Possibly a little bit of a 'mother's boy'? Off the top of my head....

GenoviaJ

He is afraid of "over mothering" type women.

Or he could be insecure aobut his ability to be nurturing or to nurture the relationship-
he may be cold and distant and had problems with this in the past
Or he has problems in the past with developing relationships or depth in relationships.

sapienza

If this were in a relationship that involved children it could indicate that the man is feeling second to the role of the mother in nurturing her child/ren. Often when women have babies they are so overwhelmed with the nurturing experience that the father takes a back seat and so this card could point to issues along those lines.

Just a thought, it may not apply in this case but I thought I'd add it anyway :)

Thirteen

BLFO said:
What is Empress as an insecurity for a man, especially in relationships?
A little confusing. Could you clarify? I mean, are we talking about what type of woman makes him feel insecure, or something about he, himself, that makes him feel insecure in a relationship?

What is meant by insecurity? It's really too vague. It could be anything from feeling insecure when with a woman who takes charge, to feeling insecure with a woman who doesn't take charge, to feeling insecure because he's a nurturing softy rather than a manly-man.

BLFO

It is a man's insecurities in a relationship. Not about the women in his life, or the woman he is dealing with. His own insecurities about relationships in general, I guess.

It's a relationship spread and the question was "His insecurities".

sapienza

Maybe he likes to be mothered in a relationship. His insecurity may be that he doesn't feel capable of looking after his partner because he feels he needs to be looked after himself. He may not be confident to take on the traditional male role.

Grizabella

Well, I think this could mean a man who is insecure about his sexuality. Not that the woman is too much woman for him in general, but sexually. I get the sense that he's insecure about women that he perceives would expect a lot of him sexually, whether size-wise or just prowess-wise or both.

satine

I believe he's too insecure in his masculinity to show the side of himself that is nurturing, warm, giving and even sensual (rather than purely sexual, which is more of the male stereotype). It takes a strong, secure man to show his more sensitive side.