New books I recently got

Teal

I recently got the following books:

Tarot as a Way of Life

Living the Tarot

Pocket Guide to the Tarot

Secrets of Tarot--another smallish pocket type book

Forest of Souls by Rachel Pollack.

So far, my favorite is the one called Tarot as a Way of Life: the Jungian approach. It's a really good book, even though math and I don't jibe and there's quite a bit about numbers in sections of the book. I'm going to be using the book a lot in the future and I'll probably eventually catch onto the numbers thing.

Forest of Souls is OK but it kind of loses me along the way in places. I think the part about God using tarot to create the universe sort of zigged when I zagged or something, so I've put the book aside to read some other time. It's a mental stretch I couldn't quite make with her, I guess.

Secrets of Tarot is a great pocket sized book with good basic information to access quickly, but the print is so small it's hard for me to read.

Living the Tarot just uses the major arcana and I haven't really gotten into that book very much yet. There are lots of exercises and real life examples in it, though.

I do use The Pocket Guide to Tarot quite a bit because it's easy to read and not too complicated.

If anyone has comments or questions on these books, I'll look forward to seeing them. I'll answer any questions I can, too.

Teal

Scorpion

Thanks for that, Teal.

Out of the books you mention, I've only got Forest of Souls which I haven't started yet as it's sitting behind Jung and Tarot, which in turn is waiting for me to finish........aaaaaagh!

But at least I've been warned, which is very helpful. I don't think I'll rush it to the top of my reading list just yet.

Teal

That's a great idea! I don't have the book right here beside me, but maybe we could just start with either major or minor arcana and discuss each one as we go along. How would that be? I don't know if I have a favorite card, but if you have one, feel free to suggest it.

I agree with you on the number thing. I don't have a mathematically inclined mind, so anything to do with numbers that's very involved kind of bogs me down. I skipped over what I didn't understand and went right to the sections on the arcana and the actual cards themselves. I'm finding that, in other tarot books I have, when I don't understand something at one point, there comes a time later when it does make sense to me, so maybe that will be the case with this book.

Teal

OK I'll get back here and post something in a little while, once I get the kids to bed. Should we start a new thread for this?

darwinia

New Thread?

o