Any Leary Fans?

Ophiel

No doubt somewhere in this group someone must have mentioned the book written by Timothy Leary called "The Game of Life." The book was published by New Falcon, and is out of print.

The book is all about the Tarot actually, handled in a typical Leary manner. I have it and don't quite know what to make of it. I do not take drugs. However, it is quite interesting to read. Leary had some perception of how we all behave and why (I think) and he and Robert Anton Wilson were on the same wave length. Anyways, in case this information did not make it into our archives, I thought I'd add it.

DarkElectric

Wow, I'm a total Leary fan, but not for drug related reasons...
He was from Springfield MA, my home town. My condo complex was at one time, a high school. Timothy Leary went to school here. There was a big write up on him in a small local publication called "The Springfield Journal" Contrary to his wild man drug guru 60's image, when he was in high school, he was handsome, immensely popular, a real clean cut jock type. He was involved in the student newspaper, and held both controversial and extremely conservative views.

The article was primarily concerned with early childhood, family background, and high school career. It ended with his graduation. We all know what happened to him after that. Oddly enough, he's actually been spotted here, in spirit form. Several people claim to have seen him in this building. Not surprising, according to the article, he was very happy here. I wish I could find a copy of that book you have. I'd be interested to read it. Or, maybe I can just hold a seance and ask his opinion. (Eeek! No, maybe not!)

Ophiel

Thanks Darkelectric. I am not really a Leary 'fan' myself, but am drawn to his unusual use of his mind, and also the writing of Leary's friend, Robert Anton Wilson, who writes some very challenging material. They have very out-there visions.

I only posted this message because this is a Tarot group and this book is really an interpretation of the cards.