Tarot of the Crone-Shadow of Swords

Disa

Shards of glass pierce through an icy blue background and form the features of a face. A perfectly symmetrical face.

This card seems to indicate to me feeling of one's innermost abilities to wound others with words, or wound oneself with inaccurate thoughts. The icy stare of the eyes seem so uncaring as to how words can affect others, but more importantly the eyes seem to really have no awareness. It's as if the person in the card has their thoughts so perfectly aligned in their own mind, that they just really are not aware of how fractured they really are. This card just seems so structured, with no feeling. Possibly representing a person with a one track mind who is not flexible and who is unwilling to hear what anyone else has to say.

As I look deeper the face seems to transform into a mask. The possiblity that harsh words and unwavering ideas are a cover up for intense feelings of inadequacy. The sharpness keeps emotions from entering into the picture.

What do you see when you look at this card?

http://taroteca.multiply.com/photos/album/29/Crone#95.jpg

Sulis

To me this card speaks of being too logical, too truthful and too cold.

I think that the energies of the Swords suit sometimes need to be tempered with a bit of emotion, compassion and caring...

Cold logic is necessary in some situations but in others if you're too logical, too idealistic, too blunt and to the point you end up cutting others.

These bits of glass look sharp and as the Shadow of the suit I think this card sends out a warning that others can be hurt unless you add a little something to your truth and logic.

Djenra Windwalker

Shadow of Swords

Shards of Glass
Make the Mask

A Public Sea
(publicity)

Hear the Buzz
of Carrier Wave Signal
& TV frequency

As they change form
in 2009
to better influence
the human mind

Djenra

Sulis

I think it also shows that you can hurt or shatter yourself if you don't allow yourself to feel, no matter how painful that can be.

Strange2

This card reminds me of the "Master Control Program" or MCP from the movie Tron.

http://tron.wikia.com/wiki/MCP

This was originally a small computer program that infiltrated and absorbed all other programs, and became a dictatorial "god" of it's own internally created virtual world. It then begins to reach out the "real" world, and absorb and defeat anyone or anthing that threatens it.

The description of the Shadow of Swords from Ellen's book is very analagous to the MCP:

"When the power of thought is taken to extreme, and loses touch with the experiences of the reality that taught it, the Machine is born. The Machine believes her ideas are reality, or that her ideas are in fact cosmic law..."

The MCP is eventually defeated by the individual program, Tron, who battles his way into the core of the MCP and throws his charged Light Disk into the base of the MCP, disrupting and deresolving it.

"A grand scheme, where everything fits just so, is a brittle one."