Pendulum

misifu

Thank you, StarShine, I will give it a try!
Love, Misifu

Jimilyn

The pendulum was my first method of divination. I have two, a plain metal one (cone shaped) and a beautiful rose quartz.

Several of you have mentioned that it is easy to manipulate a pendulum. Like many intuitive tools, your thoughts and energy can greatly affect a pendulum. That's why it's crucial to be sure to clear your pendulum and then to center yourself and think only of the question. Do NOT think about the answer. You must detach emotionally from the answer. Some people comment that they have a hard time reading tarot for themselves because they have a hard time detaching from the results and see what they want to see. A pendulum is really no different in that sense. Done correctly, a pendulum can be highly accurate.

I use my pendulum to determine if certain foods would be good for me, which vitamin or herb is better or the one I need. The lady that taught me the pendulum uses it for nearly everything. Whenever she and her hubby buy a new car, they use a pendulum to determine if that is the best car for their needs. Several have already mentioned using it to find things. My teacher uses it to determine which herb or essential oil would be best for balancing a particular physical problem.

Just like third person tarot readings, it's really not appropriate to do third person readings without that person's knowledge and permission.

Someone asked if anyone had circular movements for their pendulum. Mine are front to back and side to side; however, my teacher's are clockwise and counterclockwise. Some people have back and forth and clockwise. Any combination is possible. You just have to get together with your pendulum for that one.

I absolutely love using the pendulum. :) I find it quite easy to use. It's quick and easy to carry with me. It took me a while before it would respond to me, but once I got my first response I have been able to pick up most anything and use it as a pendulum.

I use it when I do intuitive work on myself.

See how I go on and on. I *love* my pendulums!!!

Catcha later,
Jimilyn

Jimilyn

I forgot to mention that I was taught to hold my pendulum between my index, middle and first two fingers of my right hand. That way I have a positive, negative, and neutral finger holding the pendulum. :)

Jimilyn

Webwitch

The pendulum was my first form of divination as well. And, no, I don't always get the answers I want.

I bought quite a few, though, before I found a clear quartz that seems to resonate for me.

Cheers,
Webwitch :)

Jpoor

My teacher (Reiki, Tarot, and other things) just gave me an old pendulum. It is a heart shaped amethyst, which happens to be my stone too. I have yet to try it out, but I am anxious. I did try a cheap store bought pendulum and only got as far as 'please show me what yes/no looks like' Yes seemed to be a counter-clockwise circle, and no was vague, somwhere between swinging left right and maybe a circle too. I need to try some more, but it is certainly interesting.

SuzanneMoon

I have used the crystal pendulums alot along with dowsing rods too.

The pendulum is a great thing but i have made many methods and ways to actually test the accuracy of the answers. Instead of myself holding the chain to which the crystal is suspended i have used a clamp device which my friend made and clamp the chain securely onto this , but still keep my thumb and forefinger on the end of the chain. It works a treat have a go at it.

but i still like to use it without the clamp ;)

The Doc

from my readings,
Yes is forward and back
or clockwise( i am unsure of clockwise

No is left and right
or counter clock wise

I E opposest

but ask the pendulum it- self or create your own yes/no in my oppion

The Doc.

Ahria

I always check the directions before I start asking questions, it kind of gives me a heads up if it goes in other directions than I am use to that I could be speaking to a spirit other than my spirit guide.

I tried using the pendulum for the first time this morning to find a lost item, I lost my contact lens and I was blown away at how accurate it was.

Milamber

I used to use a pendulum. Not with a crystal, but a simple ring-on-a-string type. I had learned, at the time, that a ring was best to do this with in the absense of a crystal. I was quite surprised by the accuracy. Why I ever stopped, I'm not sure. I was quite a bit younger then, which may explain it. ;)

I think one of the most useful aspects of a pendulum may be to clarify your own mind. Since the motion is controlled by both your energy and subconscious, when torn between two things (or more), you can allow your subconscious to make the decision, and to help you learn about what you really want.

A pendulum can be used to search for things both within and without.

clare

The Pendulum

Hello everyone,

Possibly this may help - "The Pendulum Kit" by Sig Lonegren contains a pendulum and instruction book with charts.

The booket was a great teacher and I went through each exercise when I first purchased this kit. If you do each exercise completely there will be no question in anyones mind the direction of "YES / NO / MAYBE". My directions for those answers have never changed or waivered and I never receive a yes answer just because it's what I may want. The answer is always what the answer it should be.

Also, you do not need to speak your words out loud - your thoughts are energy and go into the universe the same as if you spoke them. I have used the Pendulum for friends and in very personal matters I tell them just ask the questions with their mind...and the pendulum swings for the answer. I never speak out loud when I use it for myself either and there is no mistaking what the answer is.

Possibly just purchasing a Pendulum and not giving yourself the proper training could be the issue. The Pendulum in the kit worked fine and I have a crystal pendulum with a rhodenite cross which I hold and it works just the same.

The kit explains that each time you use the pendulum you must ask the questions as you did in the beginning lessons to be ready to use this tool.

I hope this was helpful for everyone.

Clare