Dream Inspirational Cards Study Group, Card 49 HONORS

SpiritOfTheDogz

Here's the discussion started in the original thread about card 49, Honors

.traveller. said:
I like these cards, although I haven't used them in a few months. There are a few cards that stump me consistently, like Honor (I think that is the name). I get that card in relation to a certain person and I have yet to figure it out. It's the card with men pinning medals on other men and everyone is grinning.

SpiritOfTheDogz said:
LWB meaning for card 49 HONORS is "Successful Study" "Good Business" "Future Merits"

Not too sure how that is seen in the picture though. Although medals are being handed out it looks more like some sort of business arrangement, a reward for work well done or something, so i suppose the "Good Business" bit is there but i can't see the study or future merits.

I've never come across this card in a reading so I'm not sure how it would work in a reading, I think these card call for multi card readings and not just one card readings as I believe a lot of the answers would be helped by the cards around.

Paul

.traveller. said:
It made me think of international politics for some reason, that and recognition.

Anyway, I am up for a study group, although I am rotten at posting new threads. I will try to respond to any study threads you start.

Since you got me thinking about these cards, I got mine out and asked which painting should I contribute to the next gallery show. I had two in mind and the cards seemed to say "show both". I pulled Telephone, Writing, and Marriage. The paintings are "Poeme" (has words on the canvas) and "talk talk". I think it is neat how the cards picked up on the titles like that.

Just thought I would share that :)

SpiritOfTheDogz

International politics sounds good but I wonder how many people that would apply to who draw the card?

Paul

ana luisa

I see this card diferently. To start with, the person giving out medals looks like a woman to me. I immediately thought about women who can't seem to find their soul mates. They label their dates(I'm going out with him because he's rich, he's smart, he's sexy), they have them on a higher level (+ underestimate themselves) and it does not really matter who they are. She never really gets emotionally involved with them (handshake + stone protection) and does not really want to face this truth (eyes closed). She shows herself as very strong, intelligent and talkative (check the statue where she's embedded). However, her inner needs are represented by the bird (eyes open) who longs for getting out of that prison made of stone to fly away. She is probably an attractive woman (check the other house with wide-open eyes) who tends to attract similar types of men (men all look alike). All in all, a very sad card showing a vicious circle, a pattern. BTW, the only use I got for the title, "honors" was that to her, being chosen by them may feel like that.

Chronata

Wow! ana luisa...I really like what you said about this card!

I never noticed some of those things before!

That's a nice spin on it...and I will definitely keep that in mind when I read with these again!

I see a completely different angle...

All the toothy grins, and the handshaking make me think of those kind of people that are all about flattery in order to make the good deal.

They reward and honor you with some glittering prize...whether it's a compliment or a supposed award...while at the same time they are underhandedly trying to sell you something.
Maybe it's their sincerity...or maybe it's a time share resort opportunity...

But it seems like some kind of shady deal is being done under the the not so innocent guise of adoration and respect.

.traveller.

Chronata said:
They reward and honor you with some glittering prize...whether it's a compliment or a supposed award...while at the same time they are underhandedly trying to sell you something.
Maybe it's their sincerity...or maybe it's a time share resort opportunity...

But it seems like some kind of shady deal is being done under the the not so innocent guise of adoration and respect.

I love this! I definitely can see this. I don't think the card is all bad, but it isn't all good either. I like how your description embraces both.