Anyone got a clue about my mums dream?

phoenixblu

My mum dreamt of me riding a horse but while i was riding my evil ex was watching me and started to chase me on the horse (him running) and tried to catch me... she said that i then fell off the horse as the saddle slipped (which to us is wierd as I rode horses weekly as a child/teenager) and landed inside a fenced field.... that he couldnt get into ....

she said that all she could do was shout and tell me to watch out while he chased and tried to keep up...

she said the horse then changed into a highland cow and she noticed that my dog from childhood (who has passed 8 years ago now) was sitting watching it all...

this is creepy from a woman who has intuative dreams!

celticnoodle

I took the liberty to look the major symbols of this dream up in a dream book, however, I'll tell you that when I first read your post, I felt that it was showing your strength and determination to get away from your ex. It showed to me that you would continue on your path away from him, though he may come after you for awhile--he'll never be able to interfere with you.

The fact that you were thrown from the horse and lost the saddle, but thrown into a fenced in area, where the ex could not get to you--to me was saying that you may hit a few bumps in the road along this path, but not to worry, as you will be safe from your ex, and he won't ever be able to reach you directly.

Now, those above were my immediate thoughts on the dream, but this is what the dream dictionary and me googling the symbolism of horse had to say.

HORSE:
To see a horse in your dream, represents a strong, physical energy. You need to tame the wild forces. The dream may imply that you have been horsing around. Or perhaps you need to be less arrogant and "get off your high horse".

To dream that you are riding a horse, denotes that you will achieve success through underhanded means. You lack integrity. If you are riding a horse that is out of control, signifies that you are being carried away by your passions.
SADDLE
To see a saddle in your dream, suggests that you need to freely pursue your goals. Do not let anyone hold you back from achieving goals.

To dream that you are sitting on a saddle, signifies that you will rise to a position of prominence and power. You may be exercising control over someone or a situation.

FENCE
To see a fence in your dream, signifies an obstacle or barrier that may be standing on your path. You may feel confined and restricted in expressing yourself. Are you feeling fenced in? Alternatively, it may symbolize a need for privacy. You may want to shut off the rest of the world.

To see animals jumping over a fence into an enclosure, foretells that you will receive assistance from an unexpected source. To see them jumping out, signifies loss in trade.

SYMBOLISM OF HORSE
A summary of symbol meanings for the horse is as follows: power
grace
beauty
nobility
strength
freedom

As a Celtic symbol,the Horse was associated with war. With war, comes attributes of victory, conquer, longevity as well as procurement of territory and other spoils that come with triumph in battle.

SYMBOLISM FOR SADDLE
saddle
A Saddle signifies preparedness for active service.

The color of the horse is also significant, so ask your mother if she recalls what the color of the horse was?

I hope this helps.

re-pete-a

we've just checked our hermetic book and found horse to depict: LIFE FORCES ,THE FORCE WHICH CARRIES THE BURDENS OF LIFE...and also riding horses :CONTROL OVER THE ASTRAL URGES AND BURDENS OF LIFE.The astral are the desires wanting to take on physical form.PRANCING HORSES, UNTAMED ASTRAL URGES. bUT, FROM OUR UNDERSTANDING ,you'll need to consult your mum to ask how she felt at each change of scene,hidden in these feelings are the messages,and only the dreamer can give accurate interpretations...like tarot,only the querrant knows where the pieces fit.the dog is said to represent our own astral,sorry all astrals are animals,dogs can be male ,cats can be female.the desire body.
________
Expert insurance

Milfoil

phoenixblu said:
My mum dreamt of me riding a horse but while i was riding my evil ex was watching me and started to chase me on the horse (him running) and tried to catch me... she said that i then fell off the horse as the saddle slipped (which to us is wierd as I rode horses weekly as a child/teenager) and landed inside a fenced field.... that he couldnt get into ....

she said that all she could do was shout and tell me to watch out while he chased and tried to keep up...

she said the horse then changed into a highland cow and she noticed that my dog from childhood (who has passed 8 years ago now) was sitting watching it all...

this is creepy from a woman who has intuative dreams!

Since you say that you are familiar with horses, I'm guessing that your mum associates you with them and sees you up there as her girl in command of this amazing, strong, swift animal.

If this were my dream, it would suggest that even though there are still some worries about aspects of the past catching up and causing problems, there is assistance in the form of a strong and faithfull inner qualities she now feels are present (the horse). If there is a problem of feeling insecure (the saddle being loose) and an upset (the fall), things will be ok because time has created a fence around that which she holds most dear (you) and so even though she feels helpless to alter things (her cries go unheard), earlier issues cannot do any damage, the problem may be there for all the world to see but can't actually do any harm.

The horse changing into a highland cow suggests that the inner strength which was so swift before is now both nurturing, for they are the most gentle of creatures, and yet well able to defend their territory. Another loving helper and defender in the form of your old pet dog is there too so your mum perhaps feels that there is a lot of strength and defense around you.

All in all a positive dream which suggests that even if a nasty old problem comes back on the scene, there has been a shift, a change which will protect and nurture you both.

Hope this helps.