weird hospital dream

afrosaxon

In my dream, I was going with someone (a guy, whom I did not recognize) to pick up an elderly woman from the hospital. In real life, this woman has been dead for about 5 yrs now, but she was alive in the dream.

I drove my car into the hospital lobby by mistake :laugh:, thinking it was the ramp to pick her up (she was on a stretcher/gurney). I was unable to get her into the car while in the lobby, and it was difficult to drive back out of the lobby, so we had to figure out an alternative way of get her outside and in the car. This guy and I went to the elevator and passed some girls (well, women now) I knew in high school back in Durham, NC (where I'm from)...we weren't particularly friendly, as they were in the marching band and I was a nerd. ;) Anyway, they were very friendly. When we got on the elevator, one of them (who I particularly remember as not really liking me back then) actually invited me to some party that someone was having. I remember remarkign to the guy (when the elevator doors closed) that they didn't like me then, so why the friendliness now?

We got off the elevator and walked through some sort of work area in the hospital. We passed my younger cousin (who is 19 now, and also in Durham). Before we got outside, there was another stretcher and the guy got on it. (I have no idea where the elderly woman was at this point). I ended up pushing him on the stretcher outside, where it was nice and sunny. I pushed him up these makeshift paths until I got him on concrete, then up a dirt hill. It was hard going (especially since the guy weighed more than I did), but I managed to get him up the hill and just over the top. I was almost at the top too, and I tried to get a toehold in the hill, but it was hard. Then this person (a movie star!) came behind me and gave my foot a boost, which enabled me to pull myself to the top. I looked back at him and he just looked at me to make sure I got there, then turned and walked back to the hospital.

I've been thinking of this dream and what it could mean. The obvious themes of struggle, etc., I get. But who is this random guy? Why the appearance of the woman who has been dead (and who was in California, where I used to live) [although I wonder if she represented my late grandmother, who practically raised me in Durham and died in the hospital -- I never got to see her there before she died)? And why so many people from my hometown? I looked up the meaning of "hospital" and it indicated that to see a hospital in a dream indicates that I need to be healed of something. Does this mean I need to *shudder* go back to Durham, for some reason?

Thoughts?

Thx!

T.

re-pete-a

You have been asked to wake up somebody you know who died in hospital,She's lost,and thinks that her dying is the end..they cant get to her ,so a physical person can sometimes get through.....attract their attention,and thats all they need,a moments break in the locked attention....perhaps you did it for them,,,,something along the lines of,,,,,,,,,,"someones coming to visit you today,you know them,"! ... stay tuned............you received help in return for your effort...........
________
Toyota van history

memries

It seems to me that this is a memory dream. Most of the characters in the dream are from your past. (So I would say the dream is about you)

The car represents the vehicle of your Soul so you drive into a lobby of a hospital where you are finding it difficult to get out. (You took the wrong path for access to the hospital which is a place of healing or death).
Are you stuck in some situation you are not happy with ?

An elevator brings you to a higher level, or lower. You met some people you were not so friendly with in life.. are you meeting some people now who would be the same as they were ?

I think the other person you were with may have been your male self. So you push him up a hard path (again a path) to the top of a hill. You received help from a stranger, a movie star ! (The movie star might represent outside help that is hopeful, more really what you want than the older unsatisfactory acquaintances from your past).

I don't know who the elderly lady would be.

To me, the main events of the dream were your companion, the car, the elevator, the path which you were unable to follow whichever way you went.

I don't know that this is of much help but it might enable you to think of another perspective for your dream.