Dream Inspirational Cards Study Group - Card 78 Chasm

ana luisa

Just had to open a thread for this card. My favorite by all means. It shows this guy jumping into a sort of mystic-monster-fish's mouth. This card to me is about taking the plunge. Willingly. Going to depths/extremes you had never gone to before. This could range from concrete major steps such as moving jobs, houses, spouses but it could also talk about a serious deep soul searching period. I thought it had a parallel with the Strengh card but, in fact, it's even more severe. Most decks show the man holding the lion, fighting it but in this case, the man will be literally engulfed by his enemy and consumed by it. On the downside, this could be a card for starting an addiction... but again, willingly. For some reason, I can't see this guy being "pushed" by anyone into this animal's mouth.

http://draktarotlibrary.multiply.com/photos/album/37/Dream_Inspirational_Cards#161

.traveller.

Thank you for that Ana Luisa. "willingly taking the plunge" really works for me, I had a hard time thinking of positives with this card.

To me it looked like freefalling out of control, out of the frying pan into the fire. I saw myself in the falling figure's position, so this became my "oh sh!t" card. You can see you are heading towards a whole bunch of ugly but are helpless to stop your forward momentum.

SpiritOfTheDogz

I don't see him as jumping in but falling in, free-falling into danger maybe, may idicate that there is danger on the route you are curently on? Maybe this in fact could be similar to the strength card is you will need great strenght to get out of this rut.

Paul

.traveller.

I just pulled this card for what I should be focussing on and had another thought about it, in part due to pulling the flying card as a clarifier.

I was thinking that until we are faced with great danger, impossible odds, complete helplessness, we never know our true abilities or strengths.

In that moment, magic can happen.

Sort of like a Peter Pan moment, you either believe or you don't. If you don't believe, you get eaten. If you do believe... you can fly.

ana luisa

That's just neat !! Love this "twist" you gave to the interpretation :)