anger card

kerupuk

is there a card that show anger ? ehmm...

anger is emotion..so should be CUP card with red color ..so it is 6 CUP?

or SWORD ..but WANDS also possible as WANDS has fire element..

Empath111

Five of swords - hostility

afrosaxon

Wands are energy, passion...anger is a very passionate emotion and energy.

In my deck (the New Orleans Voodoo Tarot), there are two cards which seem to indicate some anger:

7 Petro -- Erzulie La Flambeau [7 of Wands]

1 Petro -- Damballah La Flambeau [Ace of Wands]

The Petro loa (spirits) are the fiery spirits, and the most prone to rash acts.

The 7...definitely. The Ace, not so much, but it could indicate the beginnings of anger.

Just my $.02.

T.

Attachments

• 7 Petro -- Erzulie La Flambeau.jpg
    7 Petro -- Erzulie La Flambeau.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 2,700
  • 1 Petro  -- Damballah La Flambeau.jpg
    1 Petro -- Damballah La Flambeau.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 2,752

Thirteen

Empath111 said:
Five of swords - hostility
Agreed. Angry and ready to argue and fight card there. I'm also in agreement with Afro. 7/Swords. That's the sort of card you get when you're angry at the world. Very much the teenager card "I hate you! You don't understand. No one understands!" ;)

Thirteen

kerupuk said:
anger is emotion..so should be CUP card with red color ..so it is 6 CUP?
this is a common misunderstanding. People see "emotions" for cups and think it means all emotions, that all the other suits are "emotionless." Just like they think "intellect" for swords means all brain activities belong to swords and no other suit.

The problem isn't with your understanding, it's with the sloppy way the division of elements is discussed. Emotions for Cups really means "deep" emotions (like love), soft emotions (like friendship and fancy), sad emotions (like depression)...but not passion. Passion is for Wands. Likewise, mental activity for Swords usually means wit and cleverness and mental dueling, as with a sword, even cutting yourself up by over-thinking things. But it doesn't, necessarily mean imagination or flights of fancy or dreaming, which are to be found in Wands or Cups.

Consider the dreamy 7/Cups--all in your head, yet it has nothing to do with swords. And in regards to your question, consider 5/Swords, the bully winning the argument, some harsh feelings there, but it's swords rather than cups or wands. Or think of the 3/Swords--a lot of pain there, but, again, not cups.

The other suits can indicate emotions--what separates them from cups is what KIND of emotions.

YDM42

the devil, 4 of cups and most certainly the tower- all pretty explosive and angry cards to me.

palin

Someone angry

I had the Knight of Wands re-occuring for a friend in a certain situation. He was angry about something.
Anger is a strong and quick feeling, like a Knight.
To me anger would have to be translated through Wands. So Knight of Wands, 7 wands...

Bloudwedd

I would say it very much depends on what kind of anger we are talking about here. If we talking about rage - then it is the Tower and the Devil for sure. But if we talking about this sudden emotion of: "What the h***...?" and acting on it I would suggest suggest 7 of wands. And as Thirteen said 7 of swords, definitely for teenage-trauma anger! .-) So it all in the circumstances!

Venusian

Watch what you say about the Devil, some posters are real touchy about him! LOL

ihcoyc

There are all sorts of anger cards. The Devil and the Tower are the obvious choices. The Chariot (Rx) and the Hanged Man (Rx) probably even better for a public round of political scapegoating; with the Chariot you get a mob with a chip on its shoulder, with the Hanged Man you get a victim of persecutory mania.

In the minors, look to the fives and sevens, especially reversed.

With the five of swords, you get an argument; in five of wands, it gets physical. With five of cups, you get blubbering and failing to get a grip; in five of coins, resentment of inequality.

Seven of swords reversed, you just got bamboozled; seven of cups, it seems as if your heart's desire is always out of reach. Seven of coins for pure impatience, and seven of wands for that feeling of having been overrun and overwhelmed.