A forward look at the past

cirom

Since late 2006, I have been working a new deck. This probably won't be finished until the end of this year and there's a considerable time to go beyond that before its ever published.

Over the last year I've shared some images with members here on the deck creation forums, from which I've received wonderful encouragement, suggestions for changes (some of which I acted upon) and generally usefull feedback.

The Mayors are now finished....... well sort of. I'll certainly go back and modify everyone of them in some way before publishing, but that and the Minors are still a long way off.

During this process I am also producing with the assistance of three students, a short movie that serves as a trailer for the deck and gives a hint of the story-line that will accompany it.
Its not complete, parts are still only in grey as opposed to full color, various scenes will also be modified. However I'm hoping it will be finished much earlier than the deck itself, and I will then place it on my web site.
Meanwhile if you're interested, you can view a low resolution working draft on this Youtube link. Don't forget to make sure your sound is on... preferably loud and damn the neighbors :)

Hope you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82m7i2JTuFY

AJ

Cirom, that doesn't seem to be a working link.
even adding the missing h at the beginning...

cirom

oops... I've just edited it, it should be working now.

Mimers

Here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82m7i2JTuFY

That was awesome Ciro! Oh man! what amazing talent. Please give my cudos to your students as well.

I also saw your Kimonos. AMAZING! What beauty!

I am so glad you are into tarot Ciro. Do you do movies or video games as well? I can see a whole movie around this.

AJ

Legacy. What a wonderful name. Great tube, I was practically crying at the intro :)

Neely75

lol... that makes two of us AJ!

Ciro, that was beautiful. I'm really enjoying seeing your new deck develop.

morticia monroe

That was really superb. I enjoyed it immensely, especially towards the end when I caught bits and pieces of the cards. Bravo..

Cerulean

Fun to watch, seems quite family-friendly

...I think the all caps in the first few screenshots 'yelled' at me...just my take.

If I were to edit for smoke and sizzle, the explosion where the planet went red for a time, then the red slowly ebbed away felt like it was leading into something good...but after three minutes where were a few slower spots into the scenery with very little movement, kid-charmers when a pretty doll-like fool dancing a little too long...after the mouse popped in and out, I was following the action closely...but there is a dissolve into space again and a satellite...I would have liked to go straight from the mouse-circle into the earthlike atmosphere to the spherical tower, merging into round hall of astrological pillars. I liked best when the tempo picked up, the faster pace, the suit symbols...The dancer in the last sequence was gorgeous and her spinning effect was quite a dazzling finish to me.

Of course, it's likely a perfect fit as is if you were to want to watch it again and again, as it's long enough to engage the attention. If I hadn't known it was for a tarot, I would have thought it playing on the very old-fashioned "2001: A Space Oddessy" or maybe a Pixar-intro into a new kid-flick.

Ruby7

I was completely mesmerized by it! Thought it was very well done and the music went perfectly. Looking forward to seeing this deck, thanks ciro!

All the best,
Ruby7

cirom

Ruby7 said:
I was completely mesmerized by it! Thought it was very well done and the music went perfectly. Looking forward to seeing this deck, thanks ciro!

All the best,
Ruby7

Thanks...

Its a bit easy in this day and age to take for granted what's served up by slick Hollywood with very large budgets and resources. In this case we're talking of my matte paintings, and three students, with personal computers working long hours for beers and pizza.