A forward look at the past

rwcarter

K, first off I need to figure out how to time travel about 18 - 24 months into the future, buy this deck and return to the present. })

Second, I'm gay as they come, but I have the hots for the Queen of Wands, esp now that I know she's a real person!

"Damn you Ciro!" he said, shaking his fist into the air and grimacing at the futility of it all as he resigned himself to the fact that he'll have to wait what seems like for[size=+2]EVER[/size] for this latest masterpiece to make its way into his hands....

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

With utmost awe and respect,
Rodney

SolSionnach

Very interesting premise, Cirom - I suggest reading Barbara Hand Clow's Catastophobia, as it's premise is that exactly what you were stating at the top is true, that there was a global civilization which was destroyed in an apocalyptic disaster of global proportions in 9500 BCE. I find that her book explains a lot!

cirom

sravana said:
Very interesting premise, Cirom - I suggest reading Barbara Hand Clow's Catastophobia, as it's premise is that exactly what you were stating at the top is true, that there was a global civilization which was destroyed in an apocalyptic disaster of global proportions in 9500 BCE. I find that her book explains a lot!

That sounds like an interesting book, I'll check it out. Although that part of the story has been proposed in numerous works of literature with variations of how and when. But in my companion story I have weaved a Tarot connection into what came after. :)

MeeWah

Ruby7 said:
I was completely mesmerized by it! Thought it was very well done and the music went perfectly. Looking forward to seeing this deck, thanks ciro!

All the best,
Ruby7

Ditto Ruby7.

Bravo, Ciro! A spectacular & tantalizing intro to what promises to be yet another quality piece of work. & very evocative of an ancient civilization such as Atlantis, whose legendary achievements echo in man's present.

stargazer

Wow!
Now there’s a deck to look forward to.
Thanks for sharing the movie with us.
The music is perfect.

Angie

Katarche

Quite stunning! If there's anyone at the Readers' Studio who hasn't been following the story on AT, they're going to be blown away by this!

Ciro said:
In this case we're talking of my matte paintings, and three students, with personal computers working long hours for beers and pizza.
I appreciate there may be tweaking to be done, but give the students the "thumbs up" and another beer :laugh: They've done well, very well indeed!

I see that your Muse is still around and think it's lovely that she gets a starring role in the movie :)

Who, who, who gets the fantastic winged helmet towards the end? Or have I missed it along the way somewhere?

Best wishes for a successful debut with Legacy next weekend!

ETA: Thank you for giving us all the sneak preview :)

SolSionnach

cirom said:
That sounds like an interesting book, I'll check it out. Although that part of the story has been proposed in numerous works of literature with variations of how and when. But in my companion story I have weaved a Tarot connection into what came after. :)

Yes, that's also the case. Part of the theory is that the stories of a "golden age" are part of every culture - and her idea is that we are a traumatized species for what we went through at that time. Some of the book is **way** out there, but then again, I like that stuff. :)

Check it out. Her book on the Mayan calendar is also very interesting, and pulls together a lot of the current writing about 2012.

Oh, and def. treat your students to another round of beer and pizza! Great little video. :) :p

Myrrha

That was quite sad, the part where you first see the ruins. I loved the many mechanical devices real and unreal, especially that little scene where the rat comes up to one.

It will be a truly lovely deck so full of imagination in motion. I can't wait for it to come out. Ciro, I only hope you will console us as we wait by continuing to post occasional cards.

--Myrrha

Alta

Hi Ciro, That was fascinating, even with the reduced YouTube resolution and some parts not fully coloured. What am amazing movie, and agree that it reminiscent of Atlantis material.
cirom said:
Its a bit easy in this day and age to take for granted what's served up by slick Hollywood with very large budgets and resources. In this case we're talking of my matte paintings, and three students, with personal computers working long hours for beers and pizza.
And, a lot of artistic vision! Kudos to you and your students!!

The 78th Fool

It's stunning.

I'm eagerly awaiting the deck's completion so I can make my purchase.

Chris. xx