Is this book worth owning

rosebud_a320

Is the book 'Power Tarot' worth owning

I have been looking at

*Power Tarot: More Than 100 Spreads That Give Specific Answers to Your Most Important Questions by T. J MacGregor

I already have a vast amount of beginner books by authors such as Mary Greer, Rachel Pollack and Joan Bunning.

I like the idea of having a 100 spreads at my disposal and have noticed some very good reviews of this book.
Is this a book I will refer to again and again?

rwcarter

I'm a spread junkie and bought the book for that purpose. It was brought to my attention a few weeks ago in another thread about this book that it actually contains something other than spreads! :laugh:

Between the Spreads forum here at AT and that book, I think you'd be pretty well-covered for spreads. I can't speak to the worthiness of any other aspect of the book though.

Rodney

Grizabella

I had it once, I think, and I really wasn't that impressed. If collecting spreads is your thing, though, then you might feel differently about it.

When all is said and done, a few small spreads a person can use that are all that's needed, in my opinion. You can memorize them and then use variations of them if necessary, made up as you go.

Silverlotus

I looked through that book once in a bookstore and wasn't horribly impressed.

If you are looking for a book of spreads, why not take a look at the one available from Aeclectic? http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/ebooks/spreads.shtml

It's got a wonderfully large variety of spreads, and the purchase helps support the forum.