Help please, blank pages in book

Akuts

In 1997 I bought "Seventy-eight Degrees of Wisdom, Part 1: The Major Arcana" by Rachel Pollack, Thorsons, 1995, printed in Great Britain. When I took it out of the bookshelf yesterday to re-read it, I discovered something I'd forgotten about. Several pages at the back of the book are blank. The pages in question are 98-99, 102-103, 106-107, 110-111, 114-115, 118-119, 122-123, and 126-127.

Would anyone here have the same book and be able to scan these pages for me? Or is there anything else I can do to get them? Needless to say, after all these years I can't remember where I bought it and I don't have the receipt.

Haegtessa

With all those pages missing I'd recommend getting a new book, and the new one has both major and minors combined, much more convienent!

SphinYote

Akuts said:
...Needless to say, after all these years I can't remember where I bought it and I don't have the receipt.

You might find the most recent info on the publishing co. and request a different copy (offer to exchange)--at worst it will be OP and you won't get a replacement, at best they might send you the newer edition, and if you're really lucky, they'll be willing to cover postage.

When I worked for one, we did occasionally get books with print errors--what we kept in stock in the office we went through to weed out the bad ones (I got to be the weeder for a huge oversized paperback when my wrist was acting up--try going through twenty boxes and close to 500 copies of a 1000 page ackward sized book looking for the fifty or so bad copies....grumble). It tends to reflect badly on the publisher when they don't have some sort of quality control, so they're generally willing to replace bad copies, even if they are several years old.

Which reminds me I have one on Social History of Art that I need to write about....

If all else fails, check and see if you can get a copy through interlibrary loan throuh your local library...then photocopy the missing pages.

Good luck

Yote

Akuts

Thanks for your replies.

I have ordered a new book, with both Part 1 and 2. It will be almost two weeks before I get it, but I have plenty of other books to read in the meantime.

I get attached to my books, though, and I'd like to keep this one. It would be handy if I just want to look up the Majors. I hadn't thought that the publishers might still help me, but now, as it seems that they might, I've found their email address and I'll send an email and see what happens.

Akuts

:bugeyed: I've just received an email from the publishers saying they're going to post me a replacement copy. All the way from England, and all I asked was if they might have a scan of the pages. I'm still in shock but I think I love these publishers.

Akuts

I received the replacement book in the mail today. At last I can read those missing pages. :)