Dreaming about attacks from people, black cats and snakes!

PentQueen

I'm wondering if I can get some feedback re: some recent 'attack' nightmares.

A week ago, I dreamt that a good friend tried to kill me. She was really angry about something, but I don't think that the dream ever revealed what. I couldn't shake the feeling that it wasn't this particular friend I should be worried about, but rather another friend, or a group of friends.

Then, about 4 days ago I dreamt about a black cat who attacked me quite viciously. The cat did a lot of strangling, and seemed very human-like, definitely had a human's soul and seemed much more intelligent than me, almost like a wiser elder. This cat really did a number on me. There were no people in this dream.

Last night I dreamt that I was staying over at another friends home, and I found two black hidden snakes at her place, which seemed to be wrapped up in gift wrap. When I confronted her about them, she shrugged it off like they were no big deal, and advised to not be so afraid. When one snake came at me with his fangs, I screamed out to her, but she continued advising me not to worry. Evenutually, when I calmed down, the snake came at me, smiled and kissed me. His personality reminded me of my ex, and it felt like he wanted to hurt me, but simply couldn't in the end, becuase love prevailed over hatred.

I'm wondering if these 'attack' dreams are warning me about something--hidden enemies perhaps? Can anyone offer any further guidance?

celticnoodle

black cats are generally thought of as being evil creatures, but in some areas, they can be symbols of good luck. In Scotland, for instance, they are a symbol of prosperity coming to you, and so it is how you look at it. However, given your dream, which is quite scary, being attacked viciously, with strangling and such, it makes me wonder if your dream with the black cat is one that is warning you of saying bad or mean things against someone--or possibly someone is saying bad/mean things about you. It can be a dream where you will learn of something that has been said about you or a warning to be careful not to do the same. (because of the strangling)

snakes are symbolic of transformation, and though many people link it also with death, it can merely be a transformation symbol, much like the 'death' card in tarot. a new beginning for you perhaps? some also see the snake as an evil symbol, as well as the color black. it's interesting that it was a black cat and now two black snakes you are dreaming of. maybe these dreams are indicating something you are afraid of? we often link the color black with fear. or perhaps, it's an unresolved issue that you are thinking of?

because you were afraid of these snakes, but your friend was there to reassure you through it, I wonder if there is an issue at hand that is bothering you, but you know you will have the support of love ones to help you through it. given the way your friend reacts to the snakes, I believe that it may also be telling you that you are making the situation all the worse through your fears, and that you only need to calm down and face the issue and you will see you have nothing to fear. this friend & her actions can just be another symbol of telling you to face your fears head on and not worry so much about it.

however, as you mentioned, they can be dreams warning you to be aware of hidden enemies, and of things that can come about. So, just be aware of what is going on around you, and be ready to deal with whatever problem occurs- when it happens. Also be careful about what you say or maybe what you don't say, and if you do hear of some thing that was said about you--don't allow it to upset you too much, and do the same thing (say something in return that is bad), but deal with it logically and in a calm way.

remember, the snake can be symbolic for you transforming, hopefully for the better--so keeping a cool head and dealing with any troubles that present themselves in calm and logical way will indicate that you are transforming into a better, spiritual person.

just my opinion, and not remarking that you are not already this type of person--so please do not take it as such. hope this explanation helps you with your dream.