Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews - Tarot Forum - Free Tarot Readings - Tarot Card Meanings - Tarot Spreads

best book that comes in a set

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Books & Media

Aeclectic Colourist

kayne 

I can't believe no one has mentioned the book that goes with the Osho Zen yet - that is excellent.

I agree with the Cosmic Tribe book too - very good. I like the inclusion of poetry.
Top   #11
Dancing to the Vodou groove

Kiama 

Pythgorean Tarot: Never in my life have I ever seen such an acdemic and intellectual and in depth(480 page) study of the cards! Certainly not light bedtime reading, but excellent all the same.

Robin Wood: Why, oh why, oh why did she not get it published by Llewellyn with the deck?! it would've been so much easier!!! It took me a year of searching to finally find this book, and I'm glad I did!

Legend, Arthuian: Lots of stuff to read, think about, and enjoy. I just love the way it presents the Arthurian legends.

Kiama
Top   #12
Citizen

arizonagirl 

The books that come with the Mystic Tarot and the Buckland Romani Tarot are both very, very good. They are 'real' books, not LWB's.
Top   #13
Citizen

divinerguy 

Don't forget the Voyager, which has a good book with it. James Wanless has also written a comprehensive reader's guide if you really want to get into his system.

Gary
Top   #14
Citizen

Liliana 

Tho I dont personally own it yet, I hear the book that goes with the Tarot of the Saints is really good
Top   #15
Citizen

Scorpion 

Quote:
kayne (15 Feb, 2002 20:42):
I can't believe no one has mentioned the book that goes with the Osho Zen yet - that is excellent.

I agree with the Cosmic Tribe book too - very good. I like the inclusion of poetry.
I agree entirely, Kayne - both these books have my backing, but the Osho one in particular - so relevant and so clear, I thought the various Zen excerpts were perfect illustrations.

Also, the bigger book that goes with the Voyager deck - I was a bit miffed at having to buy this separately as the book that comes boxed with it is a half-size version and I didn't like it at all: in fact, I put the deck to one side because I was struggling so much until I saw the full book.
Top   #16
Citizen

Greenman 

so, apparently everyone's favorite book is the one that comes with their favorite deck?
Top   #17
Aeclectic Colourist

kayne 

Greenman: :-D LOL Funny that...
Top   #18
Resident

sif 

Well, I guess if we didn't like the deck, we wouldn't look at the book... ;-)

As for my own biased opinion, the Vertigo tarot (which is one of my favorites) has a lovely book. Rachel Pollack, author of 78 Degrees of Wisdom, wrote it. It's quite in-depths and reads along beautifully with the deck by exploring the picture, explaining elements of the picture and then into their meanings. She obviously spent a lot of time meditating on the deck.

My only problem with the book is that the font is absolutely miniscule. And I'm serious here--after page 15, the font *notably* diminishes in size! You'd think DC would have more money than this.
Top   #19

More interesting threads on the Aeclectic Tarot Forum...

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· What's New
· Tarot Card Meanings

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.