Orbs or dust ?

Vadella

nanab said:
Also if there were spots on the lens the orbs would be in the same place for every picture.

exactly. I do test runs myself sometimes. lol I vote for Orbs.

Cerulean

If you wanted to explain as lens flare...and blessing the new home

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_flare

The circles change with the light source as the camera moves. It's not consistent across pictures.

Best wishes on the new home.

If you are wary or worried, people like to cleanse new homes anyway...sometimes you can air out the location for a few days and if you do the 'sage smudge,' just explain it's a good luck thing that helps air out the stale smells or strong paint smells, etc...

Some people have their own 'good luck' blessings for new homes and searching on the internet might assist finding what you need, if you are wanting the feeling of freshness and cheer in a new space.

Best wishes,

Cerulean

memries

Thank you Dinah 1 and Cerulean.

I have a bettr feel for Orbs now and for sure about lens flair.

I am reading through the information on Orbs.

I agree Cerulean about blessing your home and will take necessary steps to do that. I did not feel anything amiss but then am not terribly sensitive in that particular way but have had many experiences of wanting to leave immediately when I have been in a place that was not full of positive light.
That did not happen. It is a very lovely home. I can only assume that nothing is wrong. I was so surprised when the photos came out that way.

lunalafey

Did you use a digital camera?
Digital cameras are very good at using the surrounding light to enhance the brightness of the photo, in combination with the flash, dust that is close to the lens will reflect the light.
I have quite a few photos where this has happened since I spend quite a bit of time in oddly lit dusty areas.
This image was in summer, the grass was dead, lots of people - and hoola-hoping going on. At about 2'o clock are colored stage lights.
I tried to find the close up of my daughter where the light balls are bigger and brighter, it is probably in a different file, but the balls look very much the same as yours.

Attachments

• stringcheese05 (15).JPG
    stringcheese05 (15).JPG
    10.8 KB · Views: 105

memries

Yes they do look like mine Lunalefay. Still it is strange to see 3 so close to your daughter's head.

It was a digital camera and the lighting was low but I have one outside where the light was normal. So you think they are lens flair as well or ?

Dancing Bear

In the first picture I was a bit undecided but leaning towards orb...
but then the next two I dont believe are orbs..

I have many pictures taken with my camera with this type of stuff on it..Digital cameras are renown to capture all sorts of particles esp when the lighting is reflecting just right..
Here is one of my son with the same type of orby things..no photos before nor after had them in ...
But i still think it is not orbs just light reflection...

But Hey I am definatley no expert at all and I could be completley wrong..

My suggestion is keep them at ease they feed off of anger and anything with high energy and can change there colour/mood at anytime
Also With what that person wrote about keeping the atmosphere positive as the orbs or spirit will absorb the enviroment and become negative.. I say a load of bollocks... If they are orbs, that means they could be anyones passed over relative..if aunty fay was gorgeous when alive she is still going to be gorgeous when passed she doesnt automatically become nasty because the home she visits has a little negativety in it..as all homes do occasionally when we have a tiff...

I hope i am wrong in understanding the lady who wrote that statement and I appologise if i did..

DB xxx

I wouldnt worry at all memries the house looks great.. :D

edited to say: Oops I forgot my pic LOL!!

Attachments

• Copy of 2007_07177thjulyinthegraden0029.JPG
    Copy of 2007_07177thjulyinthegraden0029.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 95
  • Copy of DSCF1286.JPG
    Copy of DSCF1286.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 90

memries

Thanks DB. I cannot see one in the picture of your son with the flag.

In my series.. the third picture.. number 1

That one bothers me. It is in the center of the bed and at the lower edge of the orb is is quite light. Not the same color as the pillow cases. That room was awful by the way. In the basement and that awful dark blue color. It was an oppressive room anyway. They are going to paint it before further use. Of all the rooms I could say that one gave me "the willies".

Pagan X

Those are all typical of refractions made by cellulose crystals, found in plant material. Was the photographer or anyone else using cornstarch based face powders? Is there tall grass or plants around the house that could have been picked up on clothing?

I recommend that photographers interested in doing paranormal pictures create an "orb zoo" of photos of:

*corn starch in the air
*flour in the air
*rain
*snow
*mist
*fog from your dryer outlet. The beauty of that is that you can see how the camera picks up more vapor than do your eyes.
*pine pollen
*Walking through a field of grass
*cigarette smoke

and so on. I have some quite nice Haunted Kitty Box photos from using cellulose kitty litter.

serenaserendipity

i believe spirits are everywhere.. it is difficult for them to take form...

have you ever seen the movie "totoro"? when the japanese family moves into an old house that has not been lived in for a while, they start cleaning, and many spirits are disturbed-- they are actually dust spirits that collect in abandoned places... a shinto idea, i believe...

it is custom in native american tradition to smudge a place--
definitely don't use the old mattress they left behind--

smudge with a big sage stick in circular clockwise motions, leaving behind an intention of blankness...

don't worry!

it's common and natural

and don't worry if the son is smoking dope, if he has so many guitars, he probably has muses, just because he's smoking a little dope wouldn't necessarily mean he's got demons around him-- a lot of sensitive people who aren't materialistic dabble with light intoxication, as it helps them adjust to the harsh mundaneity of the world

best of luck to you memries, i am sure it will turn out ok, i didn't get a bad feeling at all!

sincerely,

serenaserendipity