the Empress as action - for a man

Sophie

How would you interpret the Empress as an action a man will take in a relationship situation?

(It follows on from Lovers)

When not an actual woman, I see the Empress as growth and nurturing - so would the man take actions that foster growth and nurturing of the relationship? Or he'll turn to his Mum? :D. Any other ideas?

Skimo

And want about being creative? create something?

A man can also be loving and caring...

xhollysue

As a general rule for cards that have a male/female relationship I have the following view:

The masculine energy is one of external leadership and nurturing. The Emperor commands the armies outside of him. He sends them away. In the sense of human sexual relationships, the man's role is to send his creative power out. In the classical role of man, he goes out on the hunt, he goes out to work, he joins the military to protect his family. -- His weakness is the coldness and loneliness of keeping himself distanced and separate.

The woman, on the other hand, pulls things closer to her. She nurtures from within. In the human sexual relationship, she receives within herself. In the classical role, she stays within the home, brings the children to her breast, etc. -- Her weakness is the intoxication of absorbing everyone else's problems within her. She "worries herself to death" over issues that are not her own.

Ok, that being said, when a man, in a relationship, will take on the role of Empress, it seems to me he'll start taking things to heart. He won't do the manly thing of pretending to listen while he thinks about grabbing a beer. Instead, he'll really allow the words inside of him. It will probably be a new experience for him, and it may intoxicate him to some degree. But if he's classically a very closed-off and cold person, it could indicate a huge turn-around.

Sophie

Thanks, Skimo and xhollysue.

Creative - yes, that's a possibility.

xhollysue said:
when a man, in a relationship, will take on the role of Empress, it seems to me he'll start taking things to heart. He won't do the manly thing of pretending to listen while he thinks about grabbing a beer. Instead, he'll really allow the words inside of him. It will probably be a new experience for him, and it may intoxicate him to some degree. But if he's classically a very closed-off and cold person, it could indicate a huge turn-around.
xhollysue, I love the way you put it - especially on how being the Empress and acting like her might impact on him. But how would that make him act towards the other and in the world, I wonder?

I've posted the whole reading here.

Pietra

Just adding my thoughts...

Man acting as the Empress, nurturing the relationship... Could be taking care of it, doing actions to actually take care of the relationship... How do you do that if you are a man? You phone during the day to ask "how are you" or "do you need anything that I could do for you?"... Or you try to guess what the woman you love is in need and you make it happen, grow and flourish. Maybe, I am totally wrong here! :)

re-pete-a

The essence of the card is in play,females don't hold the only creative source .
Artistic springs to mind,feelings are across the board,he could be planting ,gardening ,co-creating a family,opening a successful business,or expanding it .All of these could affect a family relationship.So ESSENCE of the card is an angle to be considered.
________
List of penny stocks

GoddessArtemis

A few things come to mind, especially following the Lovers:

1. He will finally make a choice, and pick the woman for him.

2. He will take a passive role in the relationship.

And if you really want to give yourself a headache...

3. He will take a passive role in making a decision about the right woman for him. You know...as in take his time, not decide yet. :)

GA

Sophie

passivity and the Empress

I don't see the Empress as passive, for all that she is female. That role I would ascribe to the High Priestess. But unless she's reversed, she's not domineering or overwhelming, either - and her pregnancy (in cards where she is shown pregnant) suggests patience. But she's too solar to be passive. I'd call her the more go-getter and busy feminine archetype - the Martha to the High Priestess's Mary.

Re-pete-a - good ideas. Of course women are not the only creative source - they are the womb and the usual providers of nourishment, however, and so feminine qualities tend to be associated with gestating and nurturing a creation in the self and others, even in a man.

starrystarrynight

As I commented in the thread of the reading this pair came from, I see these two energies ill-dignifying or blocking one another. So, where there may be deep love and fertile creativity in the relationship sans external forces, here, those external forces may have put the brakes on the relationship so tightly that it may not be able to survive them, let alone flourish under the pressure.

Sometimes, things that should bloom and be beautiful are not--for reasons we may or may not be able to understand.