Legacy of the Divine Tarot

Skydancer

Where in FLorida?
We go down there in November-December for several months (Sebring - mid state an hour south of Orlando) and would LOVE to sit in on your group!! (If I may be so bold.)

~TIA
*S*

Mellaenn

No, the actual decks are not out yet. We saw prints of the entire deck.

I believe the special edition decks will be ready in February (guess I know what I'll be asking for on Valentine's Day!) That is the deck where each one will contain some cards that will have unique features that have been tweaked slightly (e.g., a color change or the position of the image) thereby making each deck completely unique. Cool idea. I'm sure you've got Ciro's site bookmarked; he will let us know.

Mellaenn

We meet at The Witch's Hat in Royal Palm Beach Florida (near West Palm Beach) and we'd LOVE to have you, or anyone who comes to south Florida, for that matter if you felt like traveling on down to the southern end. I can PM you with details.

All Is One

Mellaenn said:
No, the actual decks are not out yet. We saw prints of the entire deck.

I believe the special edition decks will be ready in February (guess I know what I'll be asking for on Valentine's Day!) That is the deck where each one will contain some cards that will have unique features that have been tweaked slightly (e.g., a color change or the position of the image) thereby making each deck completely unique. Cool idea. I'm sure you've got Ciro's site bookmarked; he will let us know.

Please....in the name of all that is holy, may I get one of the LE decks.

(that was a bit over the top....but it was from the heart :heart:)

Skydancer

Thank you, Mellaenn, for the information. Truly appreciate it. {{H}}

I am still trying to download the video - dial up. But the music - oh my gosh. How spectacular. Anyplace to get just the soundtrack to keep on my computer??

Surreal. Wonderful.
This one is on my wish list. I have a very short wish list now that I know what I'm looking for.

Thank you, Ciro M - :heart:

Annie
*S*

motsa

Wow, just visited Ciro's site while looking for information about the Gilded Tarot. How have I never looked at these decks before? I need to start browsing more, though my bank account doesn't. LOL

The video trailer was awesome -- and made me go look at his other art. It really is brilliant work. I'm all excited now for the Legacy of the Divine to come out. I'll have to start saving now. ;-)

scottyramone

I hear lots of ppl, talking about saving , or hoping the can afford the special edition deck. Can anyone make an educated guess on how much they think they will cost?

Not that it matters, just like with the price of gas, I'll pay whatever it cost!

motsa

Well, the self-published edition of the Tarot of Dreams is $75 plus shipping, and other special editions usually start at about $50 and go up from there, so that should ball-park it for you.

cirom

Hi everyone, based on the responses here and visitors to my web site it seems that a good number have been looking at the images there. There also appears to be two active threads, this and the one on the deck creation forum.
So I may (with the moderators permission) post this response on both as its important.

Regarding the issue of price. I don't want raise hopes here and I also would like to clarify my intentions and some terminology. Limited editions as the name suggests are items produced in finite numbers, so in addition to their inherent value there is also the collectable value based on the items availability or lack thereof. Thats why you get incredible price jumps on e-bay based on out of print decks. Limited editions of many tarot decks seem to be a common theme now.

Just because a deck is self published, (as in the case of the Tarot of Dreams) does not make it a limited edition. The reason I self published is that I wanted to produce it in the way I had envisioned it as opposed to it being modified and diluted by a major publishers committee. Which would have been the case.

My intention and hope is that as many people that think they want this deck and like the images they see on line can afford it, lets be honest the economy is bad and adding yet another tarot deck to your collection is hardly a necessity. So thats why I decided to agree to license the deck to Llewellyn for mass production. The production numbers keep the unit prices down and they have the distribution and network that I don't. So hopefully with a little more patience there will be a Divine Legacy at your local Barnes and Nobel or Amazon by this time next year.

However, beyond that, I wanted to create something special, hence my referring to this other version of the Legacy project not as a limited edition, but as a special edition. That's not just playing with words, there's a difference. As I indicate on my web site. I will be actually producing variations of several cards, and printing all of those different version. So in fact I will be printing far more than just the number of cards necessary for a 78 card deck. Then during the assembly process which will be by hand. Those variables will be collated randomly. So that the final configuration of each deck will vary from one to another. Statistically it will be almost impossible for any two decks to be made up of the same 78 images. Each deck will be signed and include message, quote or dedication of your choice.

My intention is that the deck will be a package that also contains a fully illustrated book, not a plain old companion book that provides yet another explanation of the cards, but an original short story (on which the movie is based). The intention is that these books will be hand made one at a time, on fine art paper and wrapped in a leather flap (think something that Gandalf would be walking around with under his arm). The package would also include a large museum quality giclée reproduction of your personal Tarot Birth Card.

These are only intentions at this point, I will be going through production cost later this week to see how viable they are. But to be honest the reference point that was guessed in the earlier post is unrealistic. and I wanted to at least clarify that. In fact I have to be honest and I'm rather confused as to how to proceed. I had initially envisioned this special edition as being really quite exclusive, and something that would be produced only in small quantities for a select few. I've been rather taken by surprise and honored by the number of enquiries I've recieved. In fact, in the case of the hand made book, I'm not sure I would even be capable of producing them in the quantity that now might have to be considered. I'll have to chew this one over.

By the way here are some references to the 12 Birth Cards that will be offered soon as separate prints, but also included with the special edition.

Attachments

• _LEG-Hanging-Man-High-Priestess.jpg
    _LEG-Hanging-Man-High-Priestess.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 76
  • _LEG-Wheel-Magician-BC.jpg
    _LEG-Wheel-Magician-BC.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 72
  • _LEG-devil-lovers-BC.jpg
    _LEG-devil-lovers-BC.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 69

rwcarter

I haven't email you ciro, but I definitely want one of these special editions. I had already thought that the SE deck would be $100 to $150 on the low end of things. Judging from what you've said below, I'm now guessing that the deck will be in the range of the Art Edition of the Alchemical, which I believe is $300. At that price point a lot of people who want the SE aren't going to be able to afford it. So demand won't be as high as the desire is.

I know the price hasn't been set yet, but for the sake of argument I'm going to use the numbers I've listed above to make a point. At $100, I would definitely but two or three copies of the SE. At $150, I'd definitely buy one and possibly two. At $300 I would hope to be able to buy one. And at $300 I believe the deck would be worth every penny for 78 miniature masterpieces.

Rodney