astrology study group ~ libra

isthmus nekoi

I'm a little early, but may be more busy later on so... without further ado, please allow me to welcome you to the last installation of the astrology study group...

Later today, the sun will move into the sign of Libra. As the sun makes its course through Libra, we'll also be looking at our natal Venuses, as well as the 7th house.

For those starting out, please check out the index thread to get the general gist of the study threads: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?threadid=12481

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and contributions this past year, it has been a lot of fun heading up this group and I hope everyone has learned a lot!

isthmus nekoi

Libra is quite strong in my chart, with three planets (Saturn-Jupiter conj, and Pluto). Venus is in Sag, quintiling Jupiter, so they have a mutual reception strengthened by this aspect. Venus also sextiles Pluto. Libra cusps my 9th house (again, we have a Jupiter-Venus connection), but all the Librian planets are in 8th.

Venus makes nary a hard aspect (unless you count the conj to Neptune). So it follows that academia, studies, travel (9th house) is a zone of pleasure, ease and comfort. Jupiter's connection ensures abundance in these areas.
Jupiter-Venus connections I've read are very indulgent and opulent. My tastes in everything from clothes to food to entertainment are very extreme and swing b/w the extravagant beauty of a Jup/Venus connection and the austere minimalism of my Sun/Saturn (Sun in Cap, Sun square Saturn). w/V's connection to Jupiter, Neptune and Pluto I sometimes feel that if it weren't for my academic interests, I would be a total debauch more or less :p
Saturn-sun is harsh, but provides some much needed restraint to natal Venus/Jupiter. Saturn is exalt in Libra, so it is placed stronger than Jupiter. Self control always wins out over self indulgence for me. But when I feel like indulging, I shoot for the best!!

My 7th house is empty, cusped by Leo. My Sun is pretty weak as it makes hard aspects and is placed in 12th. Just about everything in my chart works against marriage, or towards divorce lol. Even w/Jupiter transiting natal 7th, I have had very little interest in long term monogamous relationships w/my philandering Sag moon ;) However, as an introvert, I prefer the one-on-one interaction of the 7th house despite the fact I have 2 planets in the 11th house.

Minderwiz

Thanks to Isthmus

I'd just like to thank Isthmus for the pleasure I've had from this series of threads she has really ensured that they are not only a learning vehicle but have also been fun, interesting and enjoyable.

Libra of course is a harmonious and optimistic note to end on.

Minderwiz

Firstly my own Libra elements in my chart.

I have two Libra planets, Neptune, which is generational and common to everyone born between October 1942 and December 1955.

The other is the Sun - which clearly had a little bit of Libra indecision before opting to appear at 29 degrees 45 minutes of Libra - approximately 6 hours before the onset of Scorpio.

Both of these planets actually occur in my third house. This suggests for the Sun, A harmonious expression of creativity through communications, relations with siblings and neighbours. and the expression of creativity through education (I'm a teacher - so that's a good choice of career for me)

Neptune would suggest a rather nebulous overlay to communications and sibling relationships but hopefully some spirituality to third house activities. The generation with the Neptune placement are likely to be influenced by hopes and dreams of universal and harmonious brotherhood of man - Its this generation that produced make love not war, and the psychodelic sixties.

Libra is also associated with relationships, perhaps more through the 'natural' link with the seventh house - Libra is therefore seen as the first really sociable sign.

Minderwiz

Seventh House

The Seventh House is associated with long term relationships - most often marriage. It is the house of the 'significant other', so it also covers business partnerships, and in commercial dealings it rules the seller or the person you trade with. It also rules open enemies - that is people who you know are your enemies. This too is a long term relationship. In court cases it rules the opposition. So if you are suing someone, they and their lawyer are ruled by the seventh - they are clearly an 'open enemy'

The seventh is therefore not just all 'lovey dovey' stuff. The seventh also rules some relatives. As the fourth house from the fourth it rules the paternal grandfather and as the tenth from the tenth it rules the maternal grandmother.

Children are generally ruled by the fifth. However if you have two or more and want to look at them separately, the fifth rules the eldest and the seventh rules the second child (third from the fifth and therefore brother or sister of the fifth house child).

In horary the seventh is used to signify fugitives and runaways, including escaped criminals. Also in horary the seventh rules the Astrologer, so if Saturn is in the seventh the Astrologer's judgement may be impaired. Here the Astrologer is the 'significant other' in the reading.

In medical Astrology the seventh rules the doctor trying to treat the condition (on the same basis as the Astrologer is ruled by the seventh).

As well as the link to Libra (though we need to be careful of making the error of taking Libra and the Seventh as identical or equivalent) Lilly also has the Moon as a co-significator.

For marriage, Saturn or Mars in the seventh is not a good sign - these are generally malefics and may mean trouble. I've seen modern Astrologers also treat Uranus there as unfortunate - and link this placement to divorce - presumably on the grounds that the person is too independent and self centred to make a go of a partnership. I think we need to treat that with some care - its a challenge, yes but challenges often are what makes marriage last, grow and develop. Bringing individualism is not necessarily a bad thing. I stress this because my Seventh is ruled by Aquarius, over which modern Astrologers have given rulership and I've been married 27 years (to the same person!). The traditional ruler would be Saturn and this too might have been seen as unfortunate, especially as Saturn opposes the descendant. Again a challenge but challenges are there to be taken up and beaten.

The seventh is an angular house, so it is one of the most powerful houses in the chart - the more so because it might destablilise the chart through its opposition to the Ascendant.

Minderwiz

Venus

As I'm currently working a very busy timetable, I decided to get my posts in as a batch here. Just in case I'm not able to post for a day or so.

Venus is the ruler of Libra (and also of course the ruler of Taurus). In Libra, Venus is associated with love, harmony, beautiful relationships and enjoyments in each other's company. In Libra, Venus is the giver of social graces.

Venus is seen as the lesser benefic (Jupiter being the greater benefic), it is one of the two bringers of good things. However too much of a good thing is a bad thing (believe it or not). A strongly placed Venus might lead to being flirtacious, especially if there is a strongly placed Mars - never forget that Venereal Diseases are named after Venus.

A weak Venus can also be challenging - afflicted by Saturn it can lead to inhibition and a fear of relationships. So the Libran message is a balanced Venus is highly desireable. One of the mottos in the Temple of Apollo was 'Nothing in Excess' and if the Libran side of Venus remembers this then the result can be someone seen as charming and sociable - someone you like to be with.

Anatomically Venus rules the kidneys (and these are also associated with Libra) sex organs, and fatness (according to Saunders). So Venus is also the planet of putting on inches and pounds. Mars (exercise) or Saturn (abstinance) are the remedies to this side of Venus.

In my chart Venus rules my third house (communications, basic education, siblings and neighbours) through Libra. It also rules my MC through Taurus (the more earthy and indulgent side of Venus ).

M-Press

Libra, Venus & 7th

Hi!

I read the guidelines for this group, and...I wasn't sure what to do, but since i'm in chart probing again (!!!), and i saw that you posted your relevant "details", i'll do the same!

I have two planets in Libra:
Mars and Uranus.
I'm a Scorpio (w/ venus in scorpio), and my Libra Mars just takes the hard edge off me. i'm a nice scorpio, and will do anything to not have an argument. If I do though, there is no trace of my Libra Mars!

A big percentage of my best female friends are Libras (90% of them have venus in scorp). We have good times, identify, loyalty and trust to "be there for each other". No extravagant excitement, just good, solid, friends for a lifetime.
Libra men? I shall pass. (no offense here Minderwiz!!!!--- :) ) They are just too "smooth" for me! :)

My Uranus in the 5th house in libra.
I still haven't figured that one out! (but seems as if my love affairs come and go like unexpected rain!?not to mention my tastes & choices on that aspect!)

I have plenty of planets in the 7th house: Sun, Jupiter, Mercury, Neptune"
- I'm nearly 33, never married. They say that Sun+Jup in the 7th, promises a good marriage, but late. Better be true!

- Neptune in the 7th, makes me want the ideal partner, meaning either I wear pink glasses, or the person I see is really pink! That's a hard one to please, I would say, and one that seeems to be very ...vulnurable?

- Mercury in the 7th, means i need someon e to talk to!!!!! ----so true!

My Venus is in the 6th, in Scorpio!
A friend once heard that, and he said: "Oh! My Condolences!!!"- so true!
If there one thing I 'd change in my chart, is this (well, not the first thing, but the second!)
Venus in Scorp+Sun, is a killer... No body can understand me, not to mention "take" me... It's just too much to live "in", and to live "with". Too intense, tooo extreme, just too much... Thank G I have that Libra Mars to chill out things a little...
And of cource, venus in the 6th, makes me be into the arts....oh, that's so nice!

Minderwiz

M-Press,

No offence taken - my Sun nearly made Scorpio but Mercury, Venus and Jupiter did actually get there (plus Chiron and the South Node), so I actually have a fair chunk of Scorpio. I also have Mars, Saturn and Pluto in Leo plus Ascendant so I'm a well balanced Lion with a sting in the tail :)

punkangelgcm437

*My Libra & Venus & Such*

It's been a long time since I've really posted, started up the other day again. Been busy...but since we're now in Libra...it's time to look at my chart.

I'm a Libra sun, and people can tell cuz I hate conflicts and confrontations. If I can avoid getting into a fight, I will. Sometimes too much. I'm probably the most fair person out of my group of friends (considering my closest friends are of a Scorp/Sag cusp, a Gemini, Aquarius, and a moody Pisces.). And I'll do anything to keep things as fair as I can. And I hate it when things aren't fair...like right now I'm doing more work on the school newspaper than like, anyone else. Charming...yes. But, I think more of my charm comes from my Venus in her own sign.

My Venus is also in Libra (also in 10th house). Simply stated, I love love. And that's exactly it. Venus shows what makes us happy (and in my terms I see it as love but..), and to a Libra..fairness, love, and intellectual convo's make us happy. That's me...right there in a nutshell.

Venus & Libra in my 10th house. Venus simply says I'll look good at whatever I do, and I'm charming at it. It also includes the artist profession. I suppose a musician or songwriter fits into the artist profession. yay for me.

My sun is in 9th house. Umm...higher education...meaning stuff like philosophy and pychology. But also, a greater than normal desire to travel to far off places. For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to travel the world and see things everywhere.

(storytime) I remember when I was like 12 and I came home from vacation, my grandma upset me. She was telling my cousin in the car he can do anything but told me my dream of becoming a singer was way far-fetched and that I didn't have the talent. I have since figured out on my own that my voice isn't the next Whitney Houston, but I remember at the time yelling at my parents saying "I dont wanna stay in Indiana forever!! I wanna leave as soon as I can from the hellhole!!" ::laughs to myself:: I was such a firey lil kid.

Someone once said and I'm pretty sure it was Minderwiz, that my main planet was Venus becuz of her strong placement and how I seem to feel it when she changes signs. Luckily, she's in Libra right now. No wonder I love my birthday so much...my sun and my Venus are back where they were when I was born. :)

My 7th House is ruled by Gemini. I don't have any planets in my 7th house. But I have a decently strong Mercury placement which is the ruler of Gemini.

(EDITED TO ADD) My South Node is also in Libra. Meaning, my North is in Aries (plus alotta other stuff up there in Aries). With this placement, it's basically telling me I wanna start things in groups, but end up doing them by myself. I have since left this part of the Libra SN aspect behind. I don't like group work anymore because I always ending up doing by myself (I'm not sure if it's cuz of the node, or something having to do with my smarts..). I guess I'm now more Aries in that area and wanna do things by myself. Imma get ashirt that says "Doesnt work well with others".

~There's my 2 cents, plus an extra 25 to get yuh thru the week. Heehee ;) ~

~Punk Angel~ ~AKA Sarah~

isthmus nekoi

Re: Venus

Glad you've enjoyed the group, Minderwiz :) (As I recall, the idea for a study group was formulated when the sun was in Libra...) Thank you too, for your support and aid when I was just beginning to learn the astro basics.

Minderwiz said:
A strongly placed Venus might lead to being flirtacious, especially if there is a strongly placed Mars
You say it like it's a bad thing lol.... I can certainly attest to this: w/Mars conj ASC and Sag Venus/Moon, I am a total flirt!!! I don't know that Venus is strongly placed, but she (along w/Jupiter) is the final dipositor of my chart...

So Venus is also the planet of putting on inches and pounds. Mars (exercise) or Saturn (abstinance) are the remedies to this side of Venus.
Hey, here is a reason to like Saturn! He can help you lose weight :D