1-time January Rune Circle? Plus great Rune threads...

silverwings94

One thing she recommends is a throw spread with three circles on it, like a teacup, a pie plate, a dinner plate, and your literally throw the runes across these circles and then for the reading combine the rune with the circle it lands in...sort of like clarifier's. anyway, it was interesting, but I keep thinking about throwing the runes and how complicated it would be not to influence that throw unless you tossed them over your shoulder. :)

I was at a festival called Starwood 2 years ago and made a rune cloth just like the one that she mentions in her book which is called "Runes For Today's Woman". We took a large white linen napkin, and she had templates made of the 3 circles that we needed in 3 sizes, snall , medium and large. We ironed interfacing on the backs of the circles and ironed them onto the napkin. The circles were all in different types of fabric and patterns which made everyones cloth so different.

the wooden stars is a brilliant idea. Our Michael's Crafts here has a whole section with small wooden shapes for crafting, in dozens of different things...trees, cars, birds, yadayada[/QUOTE]

I got most of my stars at A.C.Moors. Hubby picked up another bag for me and this bag is the value size it contained 20 intead of just the 5. Price was $3.59 without tax. Not expensive at all.
Seeing that we are in the middle of some really nasty, snowy and frigid temperatures this weekend I will be finishing up making my runes, and concercrating them We've already received 6 inches of snow yesterday and are expected to get more today.

Cassandra has another book called Talking to yuor Runes and I have that ordered through Amazon, and waitng for that to come in the mail.

AJ

Thanks silverwings, that is the Eason book I have, it is a good one except I think she wrote it when she felt put upon by men or her kids or something :)

Just off to stick a link to this thread in two other fresh rune threads...I think this is going to be a really fun circle, even if we never do another.

Stormdancer

Runes are a brand NEW path for me. I have a few decks, but no actual runes. I did notice THIS in the AD section of the forum. WOW!!! VERRRY purrrty!!! I kinda want to actually feel them in my hand first though. Is there a "beginner" thread somewhere...kind of a "runes...the basics"? Would using a deck be ok???

AJ

decks are fine, what ever you might want to use.
In the first post of this thread there are some interesting threads on rune use.

I've never read for anyone using runes, only myself, and not that many times. Probably the reason most of us signed up on this thread are here...some things you can only learn by doing. If we need to prop a book up beside our draw for this first circle, I have no problem with that. Because runes are a foreign language to all of us, a language no longer in use for all intents and purposes.

I've seen Many compliments on LaserMaids works, she has been a member here for years.

Barbaras Ahajusts

Wow. Santa can bring me the World Tree Norse Rune Set from LaserMaids web page! Beautiful work!

I found the runes do a good job with readings.

silverwings94

Barbaras Ahajusts said:
Wow. Santa can bring me the World Tree Norse Rune Set from LaserMaids web page! Beautiful work!

I found the runes do a good job with readings.

Which ones did you love the most red or yellow cedar? I love the yellow cedar ones much better than the red cedar for some reason. Maybe cause I don''t like red that much.
Those were the same ones that I fell in love with. I sent my BF the link too and she loves all of them.

silverwings94

I prdered my pewter runes yesterday and hope that I have them by Yule. I ordered them from Hamilton New Age Supplies in California. They had the ones I was lusting over for quite some time. They were a bit pricy, but they are a birthday gift to me. This way I have 2 gifts for myself, 1 beautiful pendulum from Fickle Designs called "Calm Ground" and the Pewter Runes. What a wonderful day it will be to sit and just do divination with my new gifts.

Barbaras Ahajusts

Oh I loved the yellow cedar! Of course I love anything cedar!
When hubby cut down a huge cedar on the property some years back, I wanted to do so much with it. But not having the tools to do it, I had to forget my fantasy!
I even joked about him doing a totem pole. :eek:)

silverwings94 said:
Which ones did you love the most red or yellow cedar? I love the yellow cedar ones much better than the red cedar for some reason. Maybe cause I don''t like red that much.
Those were the same ones that I fell in love with. I sent my BF the link too and she loves all of them.

HearthCricket

I am pretty sure I will be using either my yellow cedar runes from WalesWoman or my Rune deck, but I will let the spirit move me when the time comes and see who I am connecting best to!

Vit-Varg-Anpu

I am in!