Experiment

Gazel

After reading the thread Tarot: Predictive or something far deeper last night, I thought: Why not make a little experiment for my self? To see what I get from the cards, a prediction, an insight/guidance or something in between?

So I did the same reading as explained in the blog by Mary K. Greer, that started the thread. And I drew "a Major Arcana card to signify the most significant archetype that would be functioning over the following week" and "two Minor Arcana cards that would describe the situation that archetype would function within—giving [...] the particular circumstances and literal details". (Quoting from the blog).

So we have:

****I****
**A***B**

I: the most significant archetype that would be functioning over the following week (4.-11. September).

A+B: two Minor Arcana cards that would describe the situation that archetype would function within.

(It is almost a linear three card reading, that I love so much.) I used the Universal Waite, no reversals.

And I drew:

I: Magician
A: 8 of Wands
B: 7 of Cups

I: My own take is that something that has been a potential within for a while will powerfully manifest itself. I will be taking a major decision or have a inspiration, that requires willpower and directed focus. I couldn't avoid noticing that #I was in the position of #I ;o).

A+B:
It will manifest itself on the background of or as something coming in from outside my own sphere; a message, something new, an incident of some sort.
And It will have something to do with me wishing or wanting something, or maybe I'll have difficulties and lack of discipline pointing my focus in just one direction.

Actually there is a lot of possibilities one of them being about some sort of deception; Magician and 7oC ...

Also I did this little sentence or narrative based on the cards, as if they had been on the same line (AIB): Something will happen, that will make me able to use my powers to navigate my energy to fullfill my wishes.

Finally and more mundane: Maybe it just all the tarot decks I've ordered during the last couple of days, that are arriving soon, and I'll find it diffucult to choose with one to focus on?

A comment: As for prediction - there is a lot of possibilities. As for insight; I'll tend to let the cards "work" in me for the next week.

If any one here would like to join in with your opinions, I will most appreciate it. You can also try your own little experiment.

Love, Gazel

rosebud_a320

Wow this is really interesting, I was reading up on Jung/psychology and Tarot not so long ago but as a beginner thought I best learn the basics before I skip too far ahead of myself.

I laid the cards out in front of me and the ist thought that hit me is 'getting an idea or project off the ground and kick stating it' so to speak.
The 7 of Cups to me is the visualised end goal
The 8 of Wands is the project/ideal having been kick started, swiftly underway
The Magician The project initiator who has made this happen!

I could be way off here, who knows.......let us know what happens at the end of the week:))

starrystarrynight

Interesting!

Maybe you will spend a whole lot of time and energy on something computer or Internet--or in some way technologically--related (Magician, Eight of Wands) that you weren't expecting to have to spend. This process may take a lot of trail-and-error attempts; however, you'll learn a lot in the process (Seven of Cups), and you will finally get it to work for you.

Gazel

Thank you both, for your comments.
I'll be back at the end of the week. But I must say, that right now for predicting I simply am inclined to believe in my tarot decks theory.
Love, Gazel

Gazel

Well. There is more to this than meets the eye.

Actually I think this is not only about the tarot decks - that all came in monday, except one, that came friday - but the Tarot itself talking to me on some sort of meta level.

As I wrote in the thread that initiated this experiment:
"[T]he Magician [...] is exactly telling me this - what tarot is about; both potential and manifestation. He is himself the tarot personalized or manifested - with the relics on his table.

And like any other trickster figure, I simply can't retain him long enough to get the whole story. He sorts of evades any attempt to be fully comprehended and understood at one time. But he himself knows and he skillfully directs (t)his knowing".

As for the Internet:
I haven't spend more time on the internet or with my pc than normally - maybe even a bit less. But yesterday I took the decision to sort out the tarot related stuff on my blog, and start a whole new blog, witten entirely in english, about Tarot. But this decision will not be realized until monday at the earliest due to setting up the blog technically etc.

There is another thing to this Magician:
I've been reading a book - Reality by Peter Kingsley - about sorcerers or magicians, skilfully telling us that it is all illusion ...

As for my experiment.
This confirm my belief that tarot can talk about things on several levels at the same time.

Gazel, intrigued by Reality

starrystarrynight

Gazel, you said a mouthful when you said that tarot can talk on many levels at one time...I have done readings that have turned out to be many-layered (and sometimes, I have been able to read the very-different layers with good accuracy for the seeker speaking to more than one issue at one time.)

It is mind-boggling...and is the reason no one will ever really know how it works, I think.