The Storybook Relationship Spread (4 cards)

Glass Owl

The Storybook Relationship Spread (4) by Glass Owl

The layout is supposed to look like a book.

2-3
1-4

1. The Past (How the story begins)
2. The Present (Where your bookmark is currently located)
3. The Future (What comes next)
4. The Happily Ever After (Advice for finding it, whether it is in this book, its sequel, its spin offs, etc.)

*I may at some point add additional cards for other plot points but for the time being I like the fact that it is simple.

Golden Moon

I tired it and it really worked. I reminds me of one I saw that was

Past-Present-Future-Advice-Advice if taken (then I added an additional one) Advice not taken

The way I tried your layout was, I laid all 4 cards on top of each other. Then I flipped one after another. :)

Glass Owl

Golden Moon said:
The way I tried your layout was, I laid all 4 cards on top of each other. Then I flipped one after another. :)
What a cute idea! I love the idea of reading the cards just like you would a book!

Golden Moon

Glass Owl said:
What a cute idea! I love the idea of reading the cards just like you would a book!

Since it's a "book" spread, it fits wonderfully;).

alice_addams

This is a great layout--easy and fun to read! I wanted to include Character cards as well, so I placed 2 signifying cards on either side of the book, as if they were bookends. Perhaps that takes away from the simplicity of your original idea, but the Moon and the Sun came up for us, so it worked nicely. Yes, the deck was thoroughly shuffled. ;) Also tried Golden Moon's idea of flipping the cards open, and it really added a fun whimsical touch to the reading!