HOF: 29-The Green Man

Satori

This leafy and intense looking God of the wood doesn't seem to me to be Fae. I don't look at this and think, oh this is a faery who's name is The Green Man. The Green Man carries an energy that is more like the Spirit of the wood.

I find it interesting that to me the nose of Green Man is very much like an arrow, a downward pointing and thrusting symbol. But the top of the arrow is this blossoming beautiful energy. It sort of points down to the roots to me, as if the root is the most important thing, that the bloom and blossom and foliage need that strong rooted support to flourish. I think this card is about grounding. Strong foundation so that the rest of the plant, organism can flourish. Core strength.

Story:
Wednesday night I did some quickie readings at Friendly's with a group of friends who assemble there weekly. We get there late and close the place.

Anyway the waitress asked for a reading, and suddenly all the Fae that came up in the spread were looking very Chinese...and The Green Man came up and I took one look at him and thought...He is Chinese. He suddenly looked like a Samurai to me...and yes, the waitress was Chinese. Just thought I'd add this in, because this wasn't the first time that the Fae appeared to me in an ethnic way.

pastel_sab

He is Chinese. He suddenly looked like a Samurai to me

I see what you mean he looks like a very ancient and wise sage to me.

Brian Froud said about “the Green Man” in the book “World of Faerie” that berries in his mouth are a metaphorical langage. The art of telling the future by interpreting leaves.

The Green man shows in practically all my readings. He looks at me with his pleading eyes and beg me to open my eyes and LISTEN ! To see indices and signs that are all around me, to listen to my intuition. If I ignore him, He keeps showing until I finally get his message. He is very persistant and a little annoying :)