Fox as job or sly?

jpbeautybabe

Hi just wondering how many of you class the fox as a job a s being sly/shrewd etc.Just starting out on my Lenormand journey and have to pick which one to choose! If I go with Sylvie then it will be a job but if I go with Treppner it will be the other. Any advice would be great. Thinking about getting a copy of Sylvies book but worried it will only confuse me more.

SpiritOfTheDogz

Personally I'd go with what feels comfortable to you, even if that neither of them, what works for you is what counts.
I try and pick up ideas from the picture, how the fox looks and what he's doing, but also I have in my mind what the fox has meant in other oracles, so sometimes I may call on this knowledge.

I don't have either of the books, although I have been thinking about getting one, but then I think that I'd only be seeing what someone else sees in the cards and not what I see in them.

The Guided Hermit

jpbeautybabe said:
Hi just wondering how many of you class the fox as a job a s being sly/shrewd etc.Just starting out on my Lenormand journey and have to pick which one to choose! If I go with Sylvie then it will be a job but if I go with Treppner it will be the other. Any advice would be great. Thinking about getting a copy of Sylvies book but worried it will only confuse me more.

It's all confusing and simple at the same time :)

Are there any neighboring cards? This can help. But there are many different meanings tied to the cards and they can be interpreted in a number of ways.

As stated by SpiritOfTheDogz, go with what feels best to you. This will get the intuition a nudge to kick in and develop intuitive trust.

Welcome to the club!

PS: I have found Sylvie's book to be a very good resource in getting a handle on the combinations. There are still some head scratchers, but after a second or three the reasoning slips in and you "get it." Sylvie has also put together a very gracious workflow/ training series here on AT. It can be found here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=87808

You will need the book to fully understand what is being conveyed in the threads.

Hope you can join us in our exchange next month!

Paul

jpbeautybabe

Thanks to all the replies,and for the link.I have tried for many years to learn Tarot so thought I would turn my hand at these! I'm a medium by trade but can't answer all questions using spirit and clairvoyance alone.These will hopefully enchance my readings. I have just ordered Sylvies book. And hopefully I may be able to join in soon.

Phoenix Rising

I use fox as job, I certainly do recommend Sylvies book. As a character the fox is indicated as someone who is sly or discrete, as a key card it indicates the job. Just like a job, the fox is resourceful, so is always, snooping around to survive, being sly is just part of it's hunter gatherer processes. Just like we need to work, as a means to eat, and be able to do the things we need to do.

PR

Ashtaroot

I second PR I see the the Fox can be both it depends on the reading the question the feel a d your intuition. It is up to you as a reader.

Sylvies book is very good but even she says it is only a guide and then you put it away and take off. Practice everyday and you will get a better feel for every card.

Have fun

214red

I did a search to find out Fox threads because i wanted to add that i had a reoccuring fox card pop up in daily readings, and not till venus moved into my sun sign i realised it was asking me to take more care of my self , literally be self absorbed and look in the mirror properly and look after yourself more...be vain

NikkiB

Thanks Red for upping this, this quote here has totally made sense to a fox card that i have got 3 times this week and not understood in the context of the question or other cards..

now it makes perfect sense - i've got to do something ive got to do, to be able to do it although i dont want to...

thanks both x

I use fox as job, I certainly do recommend Sylvies book. As a character the fox is indicated as someone who is sly or discrete, as a key card it indicates the job. Just like a job, the fox is resourceful, so is always, snooping around to survive, being sly is just part of it's hunter gatherer processes. Just like we need to work, as a means to eat, and be able to do the things we need to do.

PR

214red

good ole sychronicity!!

NikkiB

indeed! it was something i needed to hear to! so seeing this was really good...