Timing: Tarot or Lenormand

olivia1

I did a search for this and nothing turned up. I'm not sure if I am simply unable to properly use search function or if this really hasn't been brought up yet. So if this topic already exists, moderators, please delete this.

I heard from several people that Lenormand cards were more exact and precise as compared to tarot. I was wondering if this also applied to timing predictions ? Because I am considering getting Lenormand cards for the sole purpose of trying to predict time.

I have read a few threads that discussed timing methods with lenormand cards and they seemed pretty interesting...and more helpful than the ones I have seen for tarot. The ones I have tried to use for tarot seemed vague.

For tarot, I have found a method that tells you how to predict the month something would happen (by assigning time periods to each card) but it doesn't give a year. So I could tell the sitter, "this will likely happen in sometime from March 11- March 20. No I can't tell you if it'll be March this year, next, or the one after that. Sorry."

Or I'd assign a certain suite to represent month and the spatial sequence (for lack of a better term) would occur but not during the designated time period that I expected. For instance, I'd pull 6 swords. I "program" everything so that swords = weeks but the event would happen in 6 days or 6 months rather than weeks.

So *if* you've actually tried to predict time using tarot and Lenormand cards, will you tell me which one you prefer to use to predict time? which one gave you better results? Thank you in advance to anyone who could help me.

Lela

I just started reading with the Lenormand, but haven't really tried any timing predictions with it yet, so I can't say if it works for me or not, but I have been using nisaba's timing method (thanks nisaba for sharing that btw) with tarot cards and it sure does work for me. :D

olivia1

Lela said:
I just started reading with the Lenormand, but haven't really tried any timing predictions with it yet, so I can't say if it works for me or not, but I have been using nisaba's timing method (thanks nisaba for sharing that btw) with tarot cards and it sure does work for me. :D

thanks! I tried that method though and (unfortunately) it doesnt work as well for me. The suites seem to keep shifting meanings (i.e wands could come up as days,week, months ect). The number seems to work, though...

Le Fanu

Playing Card Oracle by Ana Cortez has a good timing spread. In fact, Playing Cards are great for timings by the year. There are 52 cards; one for each week and so there are spreads when something is likely to happen, which week....You basically just locate the card which best represents the event/thing you are thinking of, shuffle and count the cards off. If it appears as card no 16, it's 16 weeks away! She goes into a spread in much more detail than this.

olivia1

Le Fanu said:
Playing Card Oracle by Ana Cortez has a good timing spread. In fact, Playing Cards are great for timings by the year. There are 52 cards; one for each week and so there are spreads when something is likely to happen, which week....You basically just locate the card which best represents the event/thing you are thinking of, shuffle and count the cards off. If it appears as card no 16, it's 16 weeks away! She goes into a spread in much more detail than this.

Thank you, Le Fanu! I am going to order it :) this sounds like exactly what I have been looking for....

Bernice

Hi Olivia1

Regarding your query here;
So I could tell the sitter, "this will likely happen in sometime from March 11- March 20. No I can't tell you if it'll be March this year, next, or the one after that. Sorry."
I personally find that the 'key' lies in the question. It works for me if you frame it to include a timescale.

i.e. My neighbour wants to know when they'll move and I ask "What month will they move during the next 12 months". If the cards do not relate to the activity of moving, then I'd cast again for 24 months ahead, this way if the cards do relate, I'd know the move would be 18mths to 2 years ahead.

Bee :)

eta: Just seen Le Fanus' reply. I would agree re. Playing Cards. But I didn't got on with the Playuing Card Oracle - however lots of other people do :)

olivia1

Bernice said:
Hi Olivia1

Regarding your query here;

I personally find that the 'key' lies in the question. It works for me if you frame it to include a timescale.

i.e. My neighbour wants to know when they'll move and I ask "What month will they move during the next 12 months". If the cards do not relate to the activity of moving, then I'd cast again for 24 months ahead, this way if the cards do relate, I'd know the move would be 18mths to 2 years ahead.

Thank you, Bernice!!

I'm curious to try the playing card method but I want to try this, too. after all, tarot is my first love.

Golden Moon

Go with the numbers on top of the Lenormand cards.

MareSaturni

I *LOVE* the Playing Card Oracles, it's my main reading oracle deck.

Indeed, it's supposed to be a calendar of cards. Although you can use it with spreads without timing, the main spread taught by Ana Cortez includes a very detailed timing calculation. And it's very easy to do.

I definitely recommend this deck!

Another deck that has cards specially for timing calculation is the Astro-Mythological (also known as Grand Jeu) Lenormand. There's a group of cards in this deck called "Zodiac Cards" that supposedly should help you with the timing of the reading. Don't really know how this is done, though. maybe you could ask in the Lenormand forum :)

Sidhe-Ra

The Transparent Oracle has an in built timing system. It has cards for seasons, times of day, weather conditions, and the seven traditional planets. This means that not only does each planet rule a day of the week, but because you can overlay several cards together, if you get two or more planets it could be quite specific in terms of timing as it can point to astrological alignments.

Em x