Wisdom of the House of Night cards

DaughterOfDanu

So while navigating amazon I came across this deck which comes out early October by Colette Baron-Reid and PC Cast

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0770433448/ref=nosim/aeclectic/

I haven't been able to find images of the cards yet but I did look into a bit more about PC Cast- she's a fantasy/romance writer who co-wrote the House of Night series (Which this deck may be somewhat about).

The House of Night series (Which I haven't read) is another part of vampire fandom. So I'm curious what this deck will have in it.

Anyone know anything more about it?

Penthasilia

I haven't been able to find any images either- but it is on my wishlist so that I remember to keep looking. ;)

Very excited about this one- I just bought the WotHR and love it- so I am very much looking forward to this one. :D

Glass Owl

I have read some of the books in this series so I'll probably be adding this deck to my wish list.

Religion plays a key role in the books and it centers around the Vampyres following (or not following) the Goddess Nyx. "The House of Night religion is, in the words of P.C. Cast, 'heavily Pagan and Wiccan based, with a huge influx of Native American myth and legend.'"

They participate in various (usually monthly) rituals and the magic circles are cast by Zoey (the main character) and her classmates/friends. The Goddess Nyx gifts Zoey with the Spirit affinity which is what links the other elements (air, fire, water, and earth) together. Her friends are given the affinities for the other elements.

As the series progressed, other beings were added including those from Cherokee legends and the Black and White Bull, with the Black bull representing light and the White bull representing darkness.

byrgypsy

The teen I work with loved books. She is so looking forward to these cards.

N1ghts0ng

oooh! this looks like it might be something i might end up liking!

Belinda2

wish I could see the cards I don't buy cards or at least packages of cards when I cannot see them.

N1ghts0ng

I'd love to see the cards too. But since the deck still unreleased i doubt they'll post pics of the idividual cards yet. probably after the deck is out for a while card images will be available...
wish I could see the cards I don't buy cards or at least packages of cards when I cannot see them.

Belinda2

yes lets hope there are still a few decks that have been out some time and still there are no cards that you can view.

Bhavana

I like the name and the story sounds neat. I hope it isn't just another deck full of sex kitten Barbie doll vampires.