General Oracles Study Group Week 3

DragonFae

Week Three: Vision Quest

This week we are going to focus on one card. Shuffle the deck and select a card. This card will be your “vision quest” card.

Sit in a comfortable place and gaze upon the card. Meditate and think about the card. Let your mind wander and see where it takes you. Perhaps a story will unfold about this card or perhaps you will see random scenes or pictures or objects that you will come to associate with this card. Close your eyes relax and breathe deeply.

This card has a story to tell but you will only see it when you travel deep inside yourself. Maybe you will play some soft music when you do this exercise to block out external noises and allow you to relax fully.

Take some time with this. Do not rush. Afterwards write down your thoughts and feelings and words and ideas that popped into your head during this vision quest. Post here about your vision quest and what you learned from this activity.

If you have time try this more than once this week but with the SAME card. Each quest may take you deeper in your understanding of the card.

DragonFae

I'm anxious to try this activity...but its a busy week so most likely won;t be able to until mid week.

If anyone has additional tips for this activity...please feel free to post them.

Winterchild

Behind....

I am still having a few problems with last weeks exercise... I keep changing my mind about the elements!! Must go back to that thread. I am not too good at Vision Quests but I will try to persuade the deck to give up a good one!!!

DragonFae

I wouldn't fret too much about the elements. We are going to do some additional element activites (I think if others want to) and perhaps during those you can "fine tune" your selections.

Think of the vision quest as simply "mulling over" things and see what happens. Good Luck

Rosie_0801

ROFL! The deck gave me card 15- Orchid- Unbridled Eroticism.

I'm a prudish Capricorn. I can't handle this. Does this forum support a :svengo: smilie? No, it doesn't. Well damn because I need one.

DragonFae

LOL...NOW that's my kind of vision quest...ha

kmartin60

I'de be willing to trade vision quest with you! Im a randy aries nothin embarress's me...it would def. be easier for me than the card I got....pouts...I shuffled and let the card pick me and drew: "Arval Parrot" hmmm OK communication...

So as I sat down and concentrated and went into meditation mode I suddenly was in front of Him and he gently grabbed my hand and drew me into this field? Glen? full of faeries! He kept twittering at me and gently touched my throat...I couldnt understand him...but he kept at it...

I only recognised a few of the many faeries there the main 2 were "Himself" and the
"lady of the Harvest" sitting to my left just watching us...the rest were having a party or something! I think they were laughing at me or trying to tease me helping in thier own way maybe? One (not sure who) even zapped me a wee bit! (Only twice and very lightly) then they would all seem to twitter...except the first 2 I mentioned.

There were a handful that didnt seem to care if I was there or not...you know the type, the deep thinkers or chess players that are in their own world not really noticing things going on around them. Now Arval seemed to be getting slightly frustrated...me as well but I never could understand him or communicate back!...

But as hubby was about to rouse me all seem to realise I was leaving and just waved and smiled....I got the impression I will be having another meeting with Arval in the near future~

shakes head...will try again tonight.

DragonFae

The card I drew was #59 The Bodacious Bodach...

And really he started chattering the minute I closed my eyes, it was really sort of exhausting so I hope I can remember all he said.

He darted back and forth in the darkness of my mind muttering about how really people can't be blaming him all the time for their upsets. "I mean really you simply must accept some responsibility in all of this."

Come on come on he seemed to say. This guy has an awful lot of energy I could barely keep up. And then suddenly I found myself in a dark woods with a misty fog. It wasn't scary, simply strange. And he was continuing to mutter. I heard him say quite clearly...

"Now listen well to this...all these upsets, things going topsey turvey in the human world...yes I'm there but I don't create them....it is your own energy that makes them burst forth....I am simply there to bear witness to it all. It's not my fault I say."

He seemed quite ernest and really wanted to make a point. I was stumbling after him and it was at this point that I tripped over a fallen tree and landed quite hard on the damp ground. This sent him into a tailspin and he darted about the tree and up into the branches mutterin..."its not my fault, it's not my fault."

After I righted myself and sit on the tree to gather myself. He stopped long enough to perch on a tree branch and peer at me. He looked at me long and hard as if to say..."well do you get it?" I'm really not sure what he meant because I didn't blame him for the fall although in my haste to follow him I hadn't looked closely at the ground ahead.

At this point he nodded his head and shot into the inky blackness of the sky above and although I waited a bit he never returned.

After the quest....I re-read the section about him...He means well or says he does...but things usually do not turn out well and he is a meddler...HMMMMM....

I think he is trying to tell me something....that perhaps this description is not the full story of who he is. Perhaps he is saying....even when someone meddles...it is still a result of some energy we have that perhaps even "allows" it to happen. Perhaps we are not setting clear and consistent boundaries and we let a bit of this crazy energy in....whether in our own minds or in our interactions with others?

I'm not sure. He certainly was a clever little creature and although he sort of talked in riddles as faeries generally do...I didn't see him as the "mean" sort.

krystalkitty

I was looking forward to this and not sure how much I would get as tbh not finding this particular oracle the most inspiring.. however I would like to delve deeper..

I drew the camel for the vision quest which for how I felt about the deck seems like a rather apt card to have drawn.

So as I close my eyes what I feel first is the extreme heat on my face beating down really harsh conditions. As I strain I have this feeling of him grinning but a sense that I have the strength within to keep going as it feels we have been walking for ages in a place where there is no direction.. almost like wandering with a purpose.

My feet are sinking in the sand with the sand coming up and pouring over my toes I look at his feet evolved to deal with these condition so I can adapt to my environment too. The camel bends down and gesture to get on showing that accepting help and support is not a weakness.. ask from those who know..

We arrive at oasis and the camel takes a long drink really long and encourages me to do the same it is coming accross that perhaps you need to enjoy goodness and benefits cause you dont how long till it comes back round again..

we move again and I have this feeling of grit and determination as we battles through the sandstorm. I see his long eyelashes are protecting his eyes against the sand and showing me this as making some sort of shield to deal with these 'sandstorms'

I also get this very alone feeling from the camel a journey which may feel solitary at times perhaps... it fades

Thats all I got from the card on this quest but it was certainly an enlightening way of looking at the messages it had to give..

Thanks for this exercise I really enjoyed it and reading other peoples experiences although I get jealous I dont have an oracle with the fae... ;) x

DragonFae

krystalkitty....do you have a pic of the card your drew for the Vision Quest? for some reason I am drawn to look at it...