General Oracles Study Group Week #6

DragonFae

Week Six: Dream Card

Pick a card from your deck but DO NOT look at it. Place it under your pillow when you go to bed or if you are worried about damaging it, place it face down on the nightstand or somewhere close to where you sleep. When you wake up jot down any dreams you may have had during the night. If you do not have any dreams note that also.

Now flip the card over. Record the card and later when you have time write a few sentences about the dreams and how they might relate to your card. If you do not remember any dreams write about why this might be in relation to this particular card. Is this "card" missing in your life (which can be good or bad).

Post here about this experience. You may repeat it throughout the week, selecting different cards. It might be interesting to note if some evoke dreams and some do not.

You might also want to try this same dream activity but look atthe card you pick and reflect a bit on the card before turning in for the night. Again record dreams and how they may relate to the card.

(I've only done this dream activity one time a couple years ago...so I am not sure how it will go. At that time I had quite a vivid dream.)

Winterchild

Dreams!

Now this I shall definitely give a go!!!

Great idea...Thanks DragonFae!

Last night I put some cards under my pillow and oh boy how amazing..... I had the most vivid drea,s..need to work them out now!

krystalkitty

I look forward to this one... especially since have been having a long list of various dreams.. be interesting to see what happens for us all... x

steamwings

Hm... everyday I sleep with my Heart of Faeries deck under the pillar. It's part of the bonding process for me but I never tried to sleep with one card. Will do so today!

DragonFae

I know this is off topic....BUT....we have been doing our study group for SIX weeks (I know some have missed a week here or there) but SIX weeks...it has went by fast!

kmartin60

I agree it has gone by so fast! Ive done each lesson but dont have a dig camera to post some of the stuff that was done. ANYWAY...this weeks lesson...Im not sure you will be interested but...shrugs

I forgot to get the card before I went to bed but as I was dozing off I was thinking over all the female fairies in Brian Frouds original deck (And the one dark queen from HOF) and the dream I had was: About a soldier sent by his commader to kidnap a woman. He winds up killing her husband and 2 children then takes her to the barracks to meet the Captain who she winds up killing. By the end of the month she had killed all of them but the guy who kidnapped her. When he comes in she just gives a smile and turns knife on herself leaving him to explain to the higher ups! then it fast forwards a few years and shows a young man standing in the last place his mother was alive...there was one son they missed he knew it was a military man but not which side so he then proceeds to anialate both sides and winds up becoming the bloodiest, harshest ruler ever known in history.

so I've been going thru the 4 main players and trying to associate what they are trying to portray and which faiery that would incorporate......this was actually a mild dream for me! ROFL

Def. wont forget the card tonight!

DragonFae

Interesting dream....I want to think about it some but today I am hosting a get together so I better get ready for that instead. :) :)

Tarot Fairy

Interesting idea! I still struggle with my deck, which I doesn't seems to connect with.. I am a bit sad about it because I love the images so I would love to be able to read with it... Need to think if I will give up on this deck..

are others still working with the same deck?

DragonFae

I'm still on the same deck but do whatever feels right to you. Which deck is it you are using again? I'd like to take a peek at it and get an impression.

DragonFae

kmartin:

People in dream: woman, guy who kinapped her, the captain, and then her son.

You mentioned the Queen of the Night from HOF. Is that the one you meant? She is about yearning and desire....in this case perhaps she is the woman in your dream....and in this case her desire is dark....revenge. But she could just as easily be The Lady of Sorrows.

The man who kinapped her....is perhaps The Capitive Man....he is held captive by his need to fulfill the Captain's wishes....even though it may not be his own...and in the end....the lady does not kill him....but leaves him to struggle in understanding this terrible thing he has created through his lack of courage.

The Captain, you do not describe much because she kills him rgiht away...

And the son....Perhaps he is the Prince of Shadows....(heartless)