General Oracles Study Group Week 7

DragonFae

Week Seven: The Story of Your Week

This week we are going to draw one card every day Mon-Fri. (preferable in the morning) Quickly jot down the meaning(s) for this card and any thoughts or words that come to mind immediately. At the end of the day, look at the card again and write down a sentence or two about how the card may have played out in your day. Were there people throughout the day that reminded you of the card? Did you have any challenges that the card foretold? Was your mindset similar to this card, etc.

If you miss a day, don’t worry, just do as many days as you can.

Jot your thoughts and reflections down each day. At the end of the week….look back over the week and write a brief description….the “story” of your week. How did the cards do in actually describing it?

If you would like a copy of a record sheet I created for my Story of Your Week activity….PM me your email address and I will send a copy to you.

krystalkitty

None of my dreams last week really reflected the cards as they all seemed to be spirit dreams but I enjoyed reading about everyone elsesand I am looking forward to doing this task as will hopefully learn a bit about quite a few cards here... x

steamwings

Interesting task to do! I love to play with Daily draw so this week will be fun. <3

DragonFae

I was thinking it might be nice to post each day or when you can a bit about the card you drew for that day and then a brief summary at the end of the week....just a thought.

It will give us a chance to look at/connect a bit more with at least five cards in the deck.

Winterchild

Great and Thanks DragonFae.

I am definitely committing to this weeks topic.... last week I got involved with the Fae folk and ignored my chosen Oracles completely..shameful! I did have dreams relating to a tarot card I drew though, which was quite strange. I will post my thoughts here daily.... well thats my sincere intention!! Being at the front of the world I should be setting an example as I get my card first each day!!

.... I can still see me changing oracles!!

I will PM you my addy DragonFae for the story sheet... :D

Winter

DragonFae

I sent it...it is nothing elaborate...I like to keep my tarot/oracles journal in a three ring binder so these types of sheets work well for that!

Winterchild

Stroy Sheet

Received... and thank you.... I think I have worked out how to print from my laptop now... my iMac is being stubborn. I may make a few copies... I need to find my punch..the ready punched paper we get here doesn't fit my binders!!

I also have really gotten in Evernote, and I cannot wait for the Mac Version 5 to be released.... it is *FABULOUS* on the phone!!!

x Winter

krystalkitty

Today card

Chameleon

So I should avoid any fights and just blend in and let things past me by. I dont have to be close to get things done I see the chameleons long tongue poking out and grabbing lunch.

Will update with further thoughts on the card later x

Rosie_0801

Yesterday's (Sunday) :

7-Hawthorn- Sentimental Prudence
Meaning: A lack of, or excess of prudence.

Uh yeah. This manifested in two ways.

One, I prudently didn't express most of my frustration with my ex while he was up visiting the kids. "Breathe Rosie. If this could be fixed, you wouldn't have divorced him...

Two, I'd been looking forward to visiting a gem show in a town over two hours away for several months, and he helped that not to happen. I woke up Sunday morning wanting to go back but feeling it was an excessive expenditure. Then I thought "Hang it. I have money in the bank, so it doesn't matter if I spend the rest of my housekeeping money to go and do this thing I've been looking forward to for so long." So we went. :)

I've drawn the same card again today. It's probably a reminder to use my manners because I have to take the kids to playgroup, where I usually nearly die of boredom and the wretched roosters woke me up at 5. I'm not feeling terribly robust this morning...

Winterchild

Well Worn Path & Hidden Path

Todays card (Monday) is:

Voice of the Wind

This card is about higher callings, and guidance and inspiration from outside the worldly sphere. It is about being spoken to by spirit voices, old ones and ancestors, the tree's the rocks and the air. The teachings part of the book meaning tells us that although the voices are always there, and within us, we can only hear them when we are ready and prepared, and also in respect of them.

Personally for me today, it means quite a lot to get this card.... yesterday my Dad died... he is actually my step dad, and he and my mother split when I was a child, but he is the only Dad I have ever known. It was sad but a blessing as he was in pain, and I wanted him to be at peace. I have felt the past few months, how I wanted to connect with him. I had a feeling this could not really happen on this plane though. Of course I spoke to him on the phone (difficult as he had little voice because of the illness), and when I went back to the UK last year for the first time since I left 8 years ago, I went to see him.. at Christmas. He was happy and seemed healthy enough then, and really pleased to see me.
But the connecting I wanted was different... a real connection. Yesterday I woke just after 6.00am which on a Sunday I try not to. My sister rang an hour later to say he had died just after 5.00pm in England... the exact time I woke. I think he woke me in passing.

Anyway those are my thoughts so far... in a way I feel honoured to get this card today.

Winterchild