General Oracles Study Group Week 11

DragonFae

This week's activity is called Who's asking the question and Who's giving the answer....

Think about the week ahead...is there something important on the calendar, is there something vague that's nagging at you or is it just a routine week? No matter what the cards will have something to share with us.

As you shuffle the cards think about the week ahead...you are going to draw two cards. The first card you draw will ask a question....and the second card will answer it. Turn the first one over and examine it...what question is it asking of you? Reflect a bit but try to go with the first idea that comes into your mind.

Now turn the second card over....it's the answer....what is it telling you?

Post about your activity here after you complete it.

Looking forward to hearing about your cards! :)

DragonFae

Question and Answer

I have a semi eventful week ahead....things that need to be MARKED OFF my list in regards to my husbnad's retirement and other things at work.

The Question: Sisters of the Seasons
What is the natural order for this week?

The Answer: The Lady of the Gift
First and foremost pay attention to the way you treat people this week...there is a natural order to the flow of things, work and conversations. Abide by it.

stardusting

I'm starting training for a new position at work with longer shifts, but also had the fact it would be the second week my roommate and good friend would be in her second semester of college for - which is highly stressful for her - cross my mind. I did this for the week of 1.13 to 1.19, which I just realized is probably not the week this activity was meant for. Whoops.

I'm working with The Clow.

First card: The Jump
What will next week's excitement or high energy requirement be from?

The card to me, like all of the cards under The Windy, shows a form of movement or the way things will be delivered. The Jump is a very high energy bound, quick but fluffy and weightless in the scheme of things.

Second card: The Change
The card's title alone implies an easy answer. However, the creature depicted as 'The Change' adds a little more to it.

The creature seems worried to me. He's a small little spikey fellow floating on a dark lavender background. Perhaps next week's excitement will come from those bursts of fear one has when trying new things - or from something unexpected that changes the week's plan. But, since the first card was The Jump, it should be a minor concern in the end.

2dogs

Another very interesting exercise, thank you. :)

I've still got four Earth Magic cards out to ponder an exchange reading, so for this exercise I have also used Wisdom Of The Hidden Realms. Both came out reversed but I'm not looking at the guidebook today.

The Question: The Altar Priestess
What preparation or ritual do I need to get into the right frame of mind for meditation?

The Answer: The Diamond Dreamer
Well this has some intriguing imagery. Two Egyptian dog figures at the bottom look like the dog that sits in the room with me while I do this meditation. Then there is the amethyst crystal - as the meditation involves visualising crystals, a crystal mountain and drawing energy from two amethyst crystals, I put the crystals I happen to have round me and my hands on the two amethysts at that point. A genie or vaporous spirit figure is coming out of a golden urn holding two disks and he has a white light at his heart chakra. As ever with me, it's not something I can interpret straight away. :rolleyes:

2dogs

As ever with me, it's not something I can interpret straight away.

Well I finally gave in and looked at the guidebook, which would have let me interpret the answer straight away. :rolleyes:

For some reason I thought it was supposed to be an intuitive reading, and the meaning of the question card came out from just looking at the image and words on the card, but previously I have found few symbols in these cards to go on, and the guidebook delivers really detailed lessons. So....

I need to take this spiritual stuff seriously, there is more to reality than the material world, things appearing in physical form are reflections of invisible, spiritual ideas. Eek :TTOW

steamwings

Can't wait for my Enchanted Map but for now working with Heart of Faeries. BTW, after this FSC I can tell it was helpful to do those activities for now. I can't tell how but it seems I can feel my HOF a lot better now and it makes me happy. This deck is harder than first one, some cards are looks mysterious and book isn't helping but this Study Group is here to help. So I want to thank you all for being a part (and the reason) of my current progress.

Back to the Faeries:

Question: Thief who says "What are you left behind?". There must be something I forgot about and he's here to remind me, to look into my eyes and ask if I remember. For now I'm not.

Answer: Queen of the Owls answers "You must be talking about my ability to fly". Flight is her the signigicant ability, she cant' be herself without her wings. Also she is the Owl symbolising night and silence. Owls are wise and Queen is flying among the faeries, helping them to not fear the shadows. Also there is a little shell in the arm of faerie, feels like it the symbol of feminine side, the Moon as the Goddess to be worshipped by the Queen and her court. They all are frlying to the moon, I think.

GryffinSong

This week's activity is called Who's asking the question and Who's giving the answer....

Think about the week ahead...is there something important on the calendar, is there something vague that's nagging at you or is it just a routine week? No matter what the cards will have something to share with us.

As you shuffle the cards think about the week ahead...you are going to draw two cards. The first card you draw will ask a question....and the second card will answer it. Turn the first one over and examine it...what question is it asking of you? Reflect a bit but try to go with the first idea that comes into your mind.

Now turn the second card over....it's the answer....what is it telling you?

Post about your activity here after you complete it.

Looking forward to hearing about your cards! :)

I'm using a new deck called Faerie Wisdom. The artist is Gillian Kemp, whose work I find adorable. :)

Card 1 - The People of Peace - a couple dances through the fields, surrounded by hearts and fairy dust (or perhaps they're flowers). They look towards each other, holding hands, sharing a story together.

Question - Where do you find joy and love?

Card 2 - The Flower Faerie

Two girls talk amongst the flowers. One sits, crouched on the earth. The other looks as if she's dancing with a flower, which matches her skirts.

Answer - With myself, my friends, and my artwork. My creativity and appreciation for the earth's beauty.

---

Interesting. I've been sick all week, and feeling a bit melancholy about my chances for ever finding true love again. I've got a rich fantasy life, which will inform my artwork, but realistically, it appears to be only in fantasy that love will come again.

---

ETA: I drew one more card. What to do with this answer? "It is enough," is what I first got. Reading the card it says "a dream being woven will come true. Wishing brings the blessing closer." Perhaps my fantasy, and becoming clear about what I want, will eventually bring my dreams into reality, in whatever realm, whether romance, creative, or otherwise. The joy and love are what's important, and they can take many forms.