right hands

poivre

Can't find a post about this.
Why do all the knights hold there cup,wand,sword or coin in their right hand. Don't know if this is important or not but it's a question? lol

Moonbow

Hi ros,

I have dragged this up from somewhere in my past! Apparently the reason knights hold their swords in their right hand (I suppose that goes for cups, wands & pentacles too) is something to do with them fighting while climbing spiral stairs in castles. I once worked with someone whos maiden name was Kerr. apparently the Kerr's had their spiral stairs made round the other way because they were left handed!!!!

Moonbow* :confused:

paradoxx

I have the feeling that the Knights were drawn presenting their gifts with their right hand because the right hand is usually the projective hand in most estoric teachings. The knighs being the cardinal signs of the Zodiac, them presenting with their right hand is very appropriate.

Leo holds the wand of creation
Scorpio the cup of emotions
Taurus the pentacle of material asset
Aquarius the sword of intellect.

each of these signs have in my expierences been very gracious and presenting, but not without a price.

Nevada

Probably because the majority of people are right handed.

Nevada, a lefty

WalesWoman

I read on another forum a thread concerning left and right hands and anything else referring to left and right. Right is masculine, strong, power, action, conscious thought, intellect, and trust, etc. Left is female, weak, passive, intuitive, unconscious or subconscious , emotions, can be suspect(?).

In Christianity, on Judgment day people are sorted according to merit, the saved or "good" going to the right hand of God, the damned or "evil" going to the left.

Myself I prefer to leave out the "good" or "evil" from consideration, and think of it as either masculine or feminine, active or passive, intellect or intuition, thought or emotion, conscious or subconscious and draw insights from that aspect.

So a Knight could represent the masculine influence perhaps, the thinking, conscious part of the element he represents. The idealistic view, rather than the final realization of it.