2 of wands for career

anne234

I will start a new job next week. It will be only a fixed term contract although I applied for a permenant contract. I am curious about the outcome of the new job.

I got as an final card two of wands in a celtic cross spread using Rider Waite.

I would interpret it having two options and I have to choose one. Also, I draw a card for clarification and it was the empress which stands for new beginning, new business (and I sometimes see the card for pregnancy and To be honest I would like to have a child soon).

Sometimes I see the card as being indecisive or neutral. I only had the card for spreads about love or friendship and I am unsure about the meaning regarding work.

Could the card mean that I will keep the job? Is there a chance?

Does anyone have any other ideas?

CapriTaurn

The Empress also represents abundance. Basically, she has everything. So, with regard to work it could mean that (with the two of wands) you have a choice and you will likely choose the better path. OR, it can mean that you will choose a path of having a baby and career will take a back-burner.

The problem with reading cards is that many times they will tell you what you need to know, rather than what you actually asked about (at least in my own experience). I've done readings with specific regard to things in the past and received spiritual guidance readings because the cards needed me to focus on that.

You could always pull the two and the Empress out of that reading and use them as a "foundation" for a new reading (like if doing the celt cross - use the two as your base card and the Empress as what covers that) and do a further clarity reading.

P.S. I also always view the Empress as a pregnancy card!

anne234

Thank you for your post. I will think about a new reading with both cards for clarity reading. I am kind a little bit disappointed because I hoped the cards would tell me what will happen in the end of the contract. Or better to say, I hopped they would tell me I will remain a long time in the company. But the outcome seems to me as an open end and I will be at a crossroad (again).

tarot_quest

Hi,

It could only be that at the end of this contract, you will have to choice to stay or not? Or that within the same company, you could receive another offer (or the choice to stay for the same job).

2 of wands = 2 possible directions

You have to choose which wand you want :)

With the Empress card, it could be that something there as the potential to grow (like getting promoted in your department) or that you will have a position where you care about others (i.e. nurture them). I also agree that pregnancy could be involved!

magicjack

I always see the 2 of wands as opportunity's especially with someone like a partnership of some kind. You mentioned a contract of some sort. They will either renew your contract or you will find another contract with someone else. Either way, I think you have opportunity in your future and a lot of it. Good luck.

CrystalSeas

Also, I draw a card for clarification and it was the empress

Clarifiers simply repeat the meaning of the first card, but in different words. So let's first figure out what 2 of Wands means for you.

In your situation, you're exercising your power and boldly showing originality. As an outcome of your new job, you're going to have some new credentials that you can use to demonstrate your usefulness to the company. Or perhaps you'll find a new direction for them.

Perhaps while you're working there you'll see a way to do things better and improve the product or the process they use to deliver their product. In any event, the 2 of Wands is a personal power card and it looks like the outcome of this job will strengthening your personal power. I'd say that was a pretty good outcome.

So, in this case how is the Empress saying this in different words? The Empress is a strong personification of personal power. She's in charge of the natural order of things, and, again, you may be able to demonstrate your "Empress" energies by helping the company see a more 'natural' way to do things.

Whether or not you do this from a permanent position or from a consultant/contractor position isn't shown in these cards. But they do say you're going to have an impact on this business.

anne234

Hi,

It could only be that at the end of this contract, you will have to choice to stay or not? Or that within the same company, you could receive another offer (or the choice to stay for the same job).

2 of wands = 2 possible directions

You have to choose which wand you want :)

With the Empress card, it could be that something there as the potential to grow (like getting promoted in your department) or that you will have a position where you care about others (i.e. nurture them). I also agree that pregnancy could be involved!

Thank you for your interpretation! My grandmother always says it is better to have another option and for this spread it would mean I can choose between two options. This could mean a renewal of my contract. I don't know why but I am afraid of making mistakes and loose the job.

I always see the 2 of wands as opportunity's especially with someone like a partnership of some kind. You mentioned a contract of some sort. They will either renew your contract or you will find another contract with someone else. Either way, I think you have opportunity in your future and a lot of it. Good luck.

The contract is until end of next year. I am thinking about looking for new job opportunities next year. They told me I could also apply for a new position within the company but in another department.

Perhaps while you're working there you'll see a way to do things better and improve the product or the process they use to deliver their product. In any event, the 2 of Wands is a personal power card and it looks like the outcome of this job will strengthening your personal power. I'd say that was a pretty good outcome.

So, in this case how is the Empress saying this in different words? The Empress is a strong personification of personal power. She's in charge of the natural order of things, and, again, you may be able to demonstrate your "Empress" energies by helping the company see a more 'natural' way to do things.

I accepted the job offer because it would look good on my CV although they offered me a contract for 1 year and 4 months. My CV would look much better with the company's name on it. Still it is also a risk, what if I fail? Your interpretation of the card is more positiv than mine and I amcurious what will happen next.

Thank you very much for your interpretation and your help :)

Sharla

When i see the 2 wands, i imagine a person stood up, but shuffling from side to side with their legs, being agitated and having a sort of impatience about them. So its like you go for something...your excited about it....but then what, you get what you wan't but you quickly get bored, and want something else as its not as good, or doesn't fulfill you enough as you first thought.

So i suppose a sort of rushing ahead into something without fully thinking it through, but then not being fully satisfied with it, so will then get bored and will then want to look for something different.

SunChariot

I will start a new job next week. It will be only a fixed term contract although I applied for a permenant contract. I am curious about the outcome of the new job.

I would interpret it having two options and I have to choose one. Also, I draw a card for clarification and it was the empress which stands for new beginning, new business (and I sometimes see the card for pregnancy and To be honest I would like to have a child soon).

Sometimes I see the card as being indecisive or neutral. I only had the card for spreads about love or friendship and I am unsure about the meaning regarding work.

Could the card mean that I will keep the job? Is there a chance?

Does anyone have any other ideas?

For me, according to my meanings for those cards, they are not so much talking about the final outcome, as an attitude you should hold now in order to get the best outcome in the end.

The 2 of Wands, for me, is talking about creating something together...involving the efforts for more than one person working together to create it. It asks you not just to focus on your own goals, but also those of your co-oworkers and management. To take into consideration what their needs are and how you can help them meet them, and to also be willing to ask their help as needed. This is a card, for me, about teamwork and working together to create something better. It's about not just thinking of what you want to create but also always keeping in mind the goals of the company and how you can help acheive them. (2s for me are all about the interaction between two people or entities and how to make those interactions harmonious)

The Empress for me is about well...empathy, caring, being protective....

To me, the 2 together asks you to not just think of your own goals (even though yes those are important too), but to also think of the big picture, the companies goals and values and how you can help other achieve their goals if you can.

This is that, to me it suggests doing, That may well mean that doing so will improve your chances of keeping the job in the end. In the sense of The Empress meaning pregnancy, it could show inner growth coming from this, or something new being born from it.

Babs