EDSG #7 - 3 Pentacles, 6 Pentacles, King Wands

rwcarter

For this next set of cards, we have the 3 Pentacles (Earth), 6 Pentacles (Earth) and King Wands (Fire) or EEF. Earth and Fire are neutral to one another. By traditional Golden Dawn rules, neutral interactions are considered to be friendly. I leave them as neutral and let the cards themselves tell me if they want to stay neutral or take a side.

EEF - My notes from the SuperTarot website say that all iterations of this combination are predominantly passive. Heat causes the two Earth cards to react to each other, resulting in a stable situation, lessening the inherent lethargy of the Earth cards. Fire gives some direction to the Earth elements.

EFE - You have energy surrounded by mass, suggesting a volcano or hot gases venting from the ground. Whether the energy is smouldering or being snuffed out is a matter of perspective.

FEE - See EEF combination.

Work/Career
E1E2F - You receive funding for your project (6P) and you go over the plans again with your team to make sure everything is right (3P) because the CEO has taken an interest in the project (KW).
E2FE1 - Your boss (KW) has chosen you (6P) to lead the team (3P).
FE1E2 - Gossip (3P) about the boss behind his back (KW) about the favoritism he shows (6P).

Relationships
E1E2F - Inequality in the relationship (6P) because of your partner's high-level job (KW) leaves you feeling like you're always being told what to do (3P).
E2FE1 - Your partner's take charge attitude (KW) and high standards (3P) leave you feeling like the lesser half of the relationship (6P).
FE1E2 - You feel directed (3P) and talked down to (6P) by your overbearing partner (KW).

Finances
E1E2F - A loan (6P) from a wealthy benefactor (KW) comes with a price - oversight (3P) of your work.
E2FE1 - A generous man (KW) gives you the money you need (6P) to complete your project (3P).
FE1E2 - Review (3P) from a potential benefactor (KW) before deciding whether or not to fund your project (6P).

Home
E1E2F - Tax refund (6P) allows you to hire the expensive contractor (KW) who will pay attention to the details of your home improvement project (3P).
E2FE1 - Finding a creative means (KW) to help someone out (3P) without them thinking you're doing them a favor (6P).
FE1E2 - The remodel is a go (3P) after successfully begging your Dad (KW) for the money to pay for it(6P).

Attachments

• EDSG#7-E1E2F.jpg
    EDSG#7-E1E2F.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 1,014
  • EDSG#7 - E2FE1.jpg
    EDSG#7 - E2FE1.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 1,019
  • EDSG#7-FE1E2.jpg
    EDSG#7-FE1E2.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 965

Xrysalida

For this next set of cards, we have the 3 Pentacles (Earth), 6 Pentacles (Earth) and King Wands (Fire) or EEF. Earth and Fire are neutral to one another. By traditional Golden Dawn rules, neutral interactions are considered to be friendly. I leave them as neutral and let the cards themselves tell me if they want to stay neutral or take a side.

EEF - My notes from the SuperTarot website say that all iterations of this combination are predominantly passive. Heat causes the two Earth cards to react to each other, resulting in a stable situation, lessening the inherent lethargy of the Earth cards. Fire gives some direction to the Earth elements.

EFE - You have energy surrounded by mass, suggesting a volcano or hot gases venting from the ground. Whether the energy is smouldering or being snuffed out is a matter of perspective.

FEE - See EEF combination.)
I wonder about the term "neutral", I understand that one explanation is that there is no negative or positive influence, like there is no influence?! the cards just mean their meaning individualy without affecting one another? or their effect is cancel by each other?

Work/Career
E1E2F - You receive funding for your project (6P) and you go over the plans again with your team to make sure everything is right (3P) because the CEO has taken an interest in the project (KW).
FE1E2 - Gossip (3P) about the boss behind his back (KW) about the favoritism he shows (6P).).
E1E2F - The fair give and go idea you are targeting to put in act is supported by your manager and your coworkers, they are willing to ork it with you
E2FE1 - Your boss (KW) has chosen you (6P) to lead the team (3P). **** I didnt get this one, especially the 6 of P part. -
My interpretation - YOur boss thinks you have a lot to give to the company and wants to keep you and give you more work.
3p could be gossip? I would imagine 3 of swords more as gossip,

Relationships
E1E2F - Inequality in the relationship (6P) because of your partner's high-level job (KW) leaves you feeling like you're always being told what to do (3P).
Again I don't get the 3 of p :/ why is it about telling some one to do something?

E2FE1 - Your partner's take charge attitude (KW) and high standards (3P) leave you feeling like the lesser half of the relationship (6P).
FE1E2 - You feel directed (3P) and talked down to (6P) by your overbearing partner (KW).).
E2FE1 - your partner seems to be hanging around with other people and leaves you alone, or your partner semes to consider, to give more credit to his friends and fun than to your relationship.

Finances
E1E2F - A loan (6P) from a wealthy benefactor (KW) comes with a price - oversight (3P) of your work.)
E2FE1 - A generous man (KW) gives you the money you need (6P) to complete your project (3P).
Where is he? I d like to meet this guy :D
[FE1E2 - Review (3P) from a potential benefactor (KW) before deciding whether or not to fund your project (6P).).

Home
E1E2F - Tax refund (6P) allows you to hire the expensive contractor (KW) who will pay attention to the details of your home improvement project (3P).
E2FE1 - Finding a creative means (KW) to help someone out (3P) without them thinking you're doing them a favor (6P).
FE1E2 - The remodel is a go (3P) after successfully begging your Dad (KW) for the money to pay for it(6P).
E1E2F - The decoration you want to do in the house, needs more than one hand, you husband or loyal friend can help you

Hope I didn't mess around :p

rwcarter

I wonder about the term "neutral", I understand that one explanation is that there is no negative or positive influence, like there is no influence?! the cards just mean their meaning individualy without affecting one another? or their effect is cancel by each other?
I take "neutral" to mean happening concurrently but not necessarily affecting each other. Another way to think of a neutral card is as a wild card that may get involved and change up the dynamics of the other cards or may just hang back and watch the action.

rwcarter said:
**** I didnt get this one, especially the 6 of P part. -
My interpretations are based as much on the imagery of the card as the "traditional" meaning. In the 6P at the moment we're seeing, the rich person is choosing to give to one beggar over the other. The 3P shows a team of folks (architect, worker and supervisor?), so that's where team came from.

rwcarter said:
FE1E2 - Gossip (3P) about the boss behind his back (KW) about the favoritism he shows (6P).
My interpretation - YOur boss thinks you have a lot to give to the company and wants to keep you and give you more work.
3p could be gossip? I would imagine 3 of swords more as gossip,
Again, the image shows a group of coworkers (even if they are at different levels) and there is discussion going on. I wouldn't normally associate 3P with gossip, but that's what came when doing the interpretation. Also because the King's back is to the other two cards, it made me think of people talking behind his back. None of my interpretations are canonical, so it's OK if you don't agree with them.

rwcarter said:
Again I don't get the 3 of p :/ why is it about telling some one to do something?
Looking at the card, the architect and supervisor appear to be directing or critiquing the worker's work. They're telling him whether or not he's doing the job right.

Finances
E1E2F - A loan (6P) from a wealthy benefactor (KW) comes with a price - oversight (3P) of your work.)

Where is he? I d like to meet this guy :D
You and me both! :joke:

jenessa

Glad to see the ED study group resurrected! & Altho I don't have time to actively participate @ present, I look forward to reading thru these threads. & In this instance, I found the questions Xrysalida posed and Rodney's response to them to be enlightening, given that i've never thot of the three characters depicted in 3 Pents in terms of their representing a "chain of command" re: getting the job done. However, thanks to Rodneys explanation I can see where this could be a possibility re: viewing the card imagery within the context of the traditional meaning of the card.

Not to mention, that in considering the "role of the characters" in the card, they could very well be engaged in some kind of discussion. Ah'ha -- never thot of that -- tho this way of viewing the card seems all very plausible, given that the Card of the Craftsman is one which emphasizes a job well done, and as such, the characters could be discussing the task @ hand.

So in addition to the concept of bringing in patronage .. I can also see viewing this card in terms of its representing a hierarchy such as Rodney suggested (ie.architect, worker and supervisor).

Xrysalida

I take "neutral" to mean happening concurrently but not necessarily affecting each other. Another way to think of a neutral card is as a wild card that may get involved and change up the dynamics of the other cards or may just hang back and watch the action.
for the first part: I like this idea!!
the 2nd: also the one named neutral is not the central one, the left or right are the cards that we consider as neutral, ill, well but their effect is on the central one.
for example, central card 2 of cups - last card Kg of wands, he is ill-dign. cause of the 2oC, so he makes the 2oC ill too? but then both are ill-dign....I think I am confuse :/ did I confused you too?

My interpretations are based as much on the imagery of the card as the "traditional" meaning. In the 6P at the moment we're seeing, the rich person is choosing to give to one beggar over the other. The 3P shows a team of folks (architect, worker and supervisor?), so that's where team came from.

Again, the image shows a group of coworkers (even if they are at different levels) and there is discussion going on. I wouldn't normally associate 3P with gossip, but that's what came when doing the interpretation. Also because the King's back is to the other two cards, it made me think of people talking behind his back. None of my interpretations are canonical, so it's OK if you don't agree with them.

Looking at the card, the architect and supervisor appear to be directing or critiquing the worker's work. They're telling him whether or not he's doing the job right.
I see, it makes sense.

You and me both! :joke:
:D

rwcarter

for the first part: I like this idea!!
the 2nd: also the one named neutral is not the central one, the left or right are the cards that we consider as neutral, ill, well but their effect is on the central one.
for example, central card 2 of cups - last card Kg of wands, he is ill-dign. cause of the 2oC, so he makes the 2oC ill too? but then both are ill-dign....I think I am confuse :/ did I confused you too?
The way I read EDs, I always start with the central card. I use the interaction of the flanking cards to determine their effect on the central card. In your 2C/KW example the 2C interpretation is weakened by the KW interpretation because the interaction of the two cards is unfriendly - a (blind) date (2C) that is spoiled by an overbearing man (KW).

Air is neutral to Water, so let's throw in an 8S to make a triad of 8S/2C/KW. In this case, I'd agree with the GD that the neutral Air card teams up with the Fire card to overpower the Water card - a (blind) date (2C) that was ruined by an overpowering man (KW) who made you feel trapped so you couldn't escape (8S).

If I put in the 4S for the 8S, the neutral card might be read a little more positively as a (blind) date (2C) that was ruined by an overpowering man (KW) who made you feel like you should've just stayed at home (4S).

A more neutral interaction might happen with the 7S - while on your (blind) date (2C) with an overpowering man (KW) your purse got stolen (7S). That action happens concurrently but isn't really affecting the main action.

Does that make sense?

Xrysalida

The way I read EDs, I always start with the central card. I use the interaction of the flanking cards to determine their effect on the central card. In your 2C/KW example the 2C interpretation is weakened by the KW interpretation because the interaction of the two cards is unfriendly - a (blind) date (2C) that is spoiled by an overbearing man (KW).?
I understand, so the influence comes from the KW and the 2C becomes ill/rx, or actually they are both weakend, the 2C becomes a blind date, and the King an overtense man etc.
I also noticed that your interpretation goes round, from the 3rd to the 1st card.

Air is neutral to Water, so let's throw in an 8S to make a triad of 8S/2C/KW. In this case, I'd agree with the GD that the neutral Air card teams up with the Fire card to overpower the Water card - a (blind) date (2C) that was ruined by an overpowering man (KW) who made you feel trapped so you couldn't escape (8S).

If I put in the 4S for the 8S, the neutral card might be read a little more positively as a (blind) date (2C) that was ruined by an overpowering man (KW) who made you feel like you should've just stayed at home (4S).
Or after the date, he has burned you and you need to recharge yourself. :D

A more neutral interaction might happen with the 7S - while on your (blind) date (2C) with an overpowering man (KW) your purse got stolen (7S). That action happens concurrently but isn't really affecting the main action.

Does that make sense?
Yes I understand the examples thank you for your time, it's more clear, I think I over analyzed it and I guess I'll learn it in the process.

I also have a question about about court cards, should I aks you here on this thread?

rwcarter

I understand, so the influence comes from the KW and the 2C becomes ill/rx, or actually they are both weakend, the 2C becomes a blind date, and the King an overtense man etc.
I also noticed that your interpretation goes round, from the 3rd to the 1st card.
With a triad ABC, I usually read B first, A second and C third. But I will often read C second and B third. It really just depends on the cards.

I also have a question about about court cards, should I aks you here on this thread?

The EDSG Discussion thread is probably a better place to ask more general questions. Technically, this thread should be about the three cards listed in the title.

Rodney

Xrysalida

The EDSG Discussion thread is probably a better place to ask more general questions. Technically, this thread should be about the three cards listed in the title.

Rodney
Ι will, thank you for your energy, see you on the next one ;)