Benice's Wiccan Cards Readings Journal

Bernice

This morning I drew 2 cards as 'cards for the day'. Not something I'm in the habit of doing, I might add.

21: Mask and 3: Cup

Initially wondered who might approach me with false or masked emotions, although there are other possibilities.

A little later I received news that a friend had lost a beloved pet. I believe the loss has been a very devastating experience - and my friend is 'masking' the depth of her feelings.
Anyone who has never felt concern or love for other life-forms sharing this world with us, will not understand. That is their loss.

"'tis better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all".

These cards were so apt! And so quick to be 'validated'.

Wondering if anything else will come up.....

From Bee to Bee

11pm: Nothing else came up, except that it seems my friend has indeed been
far more deeply affected than initially expected. (Proof the cards were right)

Bernice

I have spent the past few days deeply immersed in the world of Merlin; The Crystal Cave and The Hollow Hills by Mary Stewart.
Works of fiction that span the glories, agonies and magic of times long past, and engulf one in the mists of the Dark Ages.

For some, it is music that carries them away from the here and now, lifts them into another world. For me it is words. The manner in which they are strung together can feed me with textures, colour and sound, and effectively transport me to the encompassing and overwhelming sensation of 'being there'. I taste the food, smell the fresh green of spring-times, am chilled with the frosts of an icy landscape.... suffer with those who are cast down, and rejoice with exhilaration at moments of triumph.
Finally, when the story is done, I am spent. I've been there, lived it and still hold within me centuries of other life-times. I have been a King, a peasant, a scheming enemy, a glorious victor, a meek victim, a wise counsellor, a hermit, a herbalist, a hard-bitten soldier; and in these two stories I have also worked magic......

So, back in the here and now, I've drawn 2 more cards for what the day may bring: 28 Tree of Life + 19 Cat

According to the LWB, this appears to be; new discoveries or avenues which will unfold successfully if approached with patience and attention.

hmmm......

Bee

Edited just a short time later: Re. avenues/discoveries. Yes! But it is calling for attention... and patience.

Bernice

Just one card today: 16 The Three Norns

Fate? Destiny? Something beyond my control? Something I
might casually do or say that will have unexpected repercussions?

Ah, well.....

Bee

(Do wish they wern't so cheery whilst weaving wyrd-webs...)

Bernice

Yesterdays' Norns card

Well nothing particularly 'fateful' appears to have occurred re. the Norns card. But something out of the ordinary did.

I'd heard a lot of loud cawing in the back garden, it went on for quite a while. I looked through the windows, but saw nothing special. Later on it came again, very loud and persistant. Finally put my head around the back door for a peep.
And there in the middle of the garden lay our elderly lady cat (partly deaf now...), the crows were dive-bombing her, shrieking at the top of their voices! She lay unconcerned and oblivious.... I rescued her damn quick.

Maybe they had lost a fledgeling somewhere out there. Anyway, it was unexpected.

Bee

Bernice

Two cards for today: 33 The Harp + 13 Samhain

Happiness + Thinning of the veils (pumpkins look rather jolly).

I suppose this could be read as; At peace with myself on an inner level.
Or... Feeling happy enough to let go of something - let it come to an end, and begin anew.

This last might have some relevance to an ongoing 'problem'. (hopefully)

Bee

Bernice

Been busy.

Two cards for me today: 17-Oak + 18 - Stone/Spiral. (...they were drawn at random!)

So; Look after yourself + you're doing the right thing. Just keep on doing the right thing.

This is TRUE! (healthwise, at least). So I'll keep on this track. Thank you Wiccan cards.

Bee :)

Bernice

Today:

12 - Harvest + 17 - Oak (again!).

So---- maybe means that this is 'as good as it gets'. i.e: regarding the previous draw of 17 + 18.

And, this is GOOD in comparison to 'what was'. ('aint perfect....)

Bee

Bernice

Having another little go.

For today: 6 - The Horned One + 32 - Mare + 3 - Cup

Could be: A helpful (Mare) masculine/logical approach to something will result in emotional happiness. (The Cup is overflowing)

Or: A male is in need of a bit of care & attention. Could be affection or physical attention = healing.

O.K. Lets see.....

Bee :)

Bernice

Feedback for me ('cos there's no-one else here).
A helpful (Mare) masculine/logical approach to something will result in emotional happiness. (The Cup is overflowing)
Yep. Turned out that a 'logical/practical' approach was called for to 'earth' an emotionally charged person. Not sure that 'overflowing happiness' resulted - but it did a good job of deffusing and calming things down. Neat!

Bee

Bernice

card 28: TREE of LIFE.

Those gnomes seem to be under-mining the fairy tree. Burrowing into the roots. Gnomes and fairies as enemies, strange concept.

Decided this card might be very similar the the Lenormand MICE.
Something that gnaws at you. Making inroads into, money, goods, health etc.

Bee

EDITED to post a draw. Asked how this deck and I would get on now that I've assigned 'meanings': = 4) ROD/wand:
Precise 'initiating & willful' power which causes effects. Fertile.

I like the 'fertile' bit, very promising :) :) :)

Bee