Job offer and ED.

laurence

Will he be offered this job? Universal tarot, no position no rv. Using ED.

2 of Cups*Ace of cups*Emperor. so Water*water*fire

My take: Ace of cups being the central card indicates an offer.
2 of cups being a water element like the ace of cups indicates that a job interview will turn out very well, a good connection.
Emperor being a fire card weaken the central card so It could be that he will have to deal with an authoritative figure in order to be offered this job.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

rwcarter

AC shows the potential for an offer - there is lots of happiness and joy around the prospect of the Querent working there.

2C strengthens the AC in that folks there are looking forward to working with and getting to know the Querent.

Emperor weakens the potential for the offer though as someone in power doesn't want the Querent there (or at least doesn't want to offer the job to the Querent). As we discussed over in Using Tarot Cards, I don't place any extra weight on Majors when using EDs, so I believe that Emperor person isn't the hiring Manager so I think the offer will be made.

If one does ascribe more weight to Majors when using EDs though, then the Emperor would be stronger than both Cups cards and therefore a job offer wouldn't be made. (And in that case I think the Emperor would be the hiring Manager who has the final say on who gets hired.)

HTH,
Rodney

laurence

AC shows the potential for an offer - there is lots of happiness and joy around the prospect of the Querent working there.

2C strengthens the AC in that folks there are looking forward to working with and getting to know the Querent.

Emperor weakens the potential for the offer though as someone in power doesn't want the Querent there (or at least doesn't want to offer the job to the Querent). As we discussed over in Using Tarot Cards, I don't place any extra weight on Majors when using EDs, so I believe that Emperor person isn't the hiring Manager so I think the offer will be made.

If one does ascribe more weight to Majors when using EDs though, then the Emperor would be stronger than both Cups cards and therefore a job offer wouldn't be made. (And in that case I think the Emperor would be the hiring Manager who has the final say on who gets hired.)

HTH,
Rodney

Ok, your interpretation is very clear.
With this exemple, even if I put extra weight on the Emperor, there are still 2 water cards and one of them is the central.
let's say one major=2 minors ( I think It's fair enough), we have 2 waters and 2 fire so the ace of cups is supported and weakened with equal force.
Does It make sense??

I'm worried about this Emperor who can mess out the result.

But It's getting more and more comprehensive thanks to your help.
I think a 3 cards layout using your method leads to the most appropriate interpretation.

rwcarter

If you want to look at the Major as equaling two Minors from an elemental perspective then you have a stalemate - 2 positive (making the offer) and 2 negative (not making the offer). As the W card is central, I'd say that an offer will still be made, but that the Emperor will likely make it hard on the Querent if they take the job.

Had it been WFW, then I'd say that the stalemate would go in the Emperor's favor and the offer wouldn't be made.