A Doreen Virtue Goddess Deck.. on the horizon

dolphinprincess

..look what I stumbled upon while browsing Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=1401903010/ref=nosim/aeclectic/

Doreen looks to have moved on to Goddesses....

I'm sure the deck will be beautiful, as all her decks are.... but sometimes I start to worry when an author becomes a 'master of all topics...'... just is starting to feel like she's churning out decks .... I mean, the guidebooks are very helpful.. but not really that in depth.. and the art isn't hers... starting to look too "easy".. but maybe that's just the skeptic in me :D

But, on the flip side.. I enjoy her decks and they seem to be quite popular ... so,

I will reserve judgement until i see / read them... :eek:) I may love em'....

I'm sure this stems from the Goddesses listed in her Archangel and Ascended Masters book...

zorya

dolphinprincess said:
I'm sure the deck will be beautiful, as all her decks are.... but sometimes I start to worry when an author becomes a 'master of all topics...'... just is starting to feel like she's churning out decks .... I mean, the guidebooks are very helpful.. but not really that in depth.. and the art isn't hers... starting to look too "easy".. but maybe that's just the skeptic in me :D
[/B]

warning; some may find my opinion offensive })

i forced myself to read 24 of doreen virtue's books not long ago (long story). apparently she has written many more.

i was not impressed. i found nothing that was not someone else's idea first.

funny how the decks she publishes are always the latest hot new- age theme.

however, i do have to admire her business savvy. she sure knows her audience and how to make a buck!

HudsonGray

Just like Martha Stewart, huh? Can't fault that in today's society. Everyone in business is trying to make a buck.

dolphinprincess

I think its kind of sad..... :eek:(

Doreen Virtues' books are what first turned me on to spiritual topics... and eventually led me closer to tarot... So, I'm grateful. BUT... I really beleived in her and her books...and NOW she's just losing her credibility with me.

When you can't take someone seriously anymore, you don't want to own any of their stuff...

I've found Kimberly Marooney's Angel Blessings cards to be much more in-depth than Doreen's...

Frouds Faeries' dance circles around her Fairie deck...

and I think the Goddess Oracle will likely blow her Goddess deck away...

Hmmmm. Something to think about! I"m not wanting that new ARchangel Oracle as much as I did a few days ago....

SongDeva

Hey now, dolphinp, she led you to the spiritual path which eventually as you are aware must become your own. What more do you, a strong woman in your own right, need from her? Look at her more as a friend who assisted you, rather than a guru, if you will.

You, at the level you're at now, don't need her goddess deck. Someone else just coming in may find it just the thing.
Part of Doreen Virtue's "schtick," if you want to call it that, is to help people have their own angelic and spiritual experiences. She always encourages learning for yourself, rather than following her.
I think she's just following her own inner guidance and trying new things...which as I mentioned before, may not appeal to those of us who have been on our paths for awhile.

That said, I have her Fairies deck and the Froud, and I consider them to be different animals. I mean, you've found the angel, fairy and goddess decks that work best for you. That doesn't mean you have to, in your own mind, discredit hers and therefore feel sad about something that used to please you.

We all grown and change, it's my personal opinion that there *are* no new ideas under the sun. Everybody's tuning into a universal intelligence after all. :) I feel that she is sincere, and take what I need and leave the rest.

You can look back fondly without feeling like you need to keep buying her stuff if it doesn't feel right anymore. In fact, you can do whatever you want, and so can she. :))

Love and Light,
SongDeva

dolphinprincess

SongDeva - You bring up some excellent points..

I think sometimes the problem is - when you buy into something (although that may not be the best way to phrase it).. you never want to feel like you've been "had".... Make sense? When you look up to someone, you don't want to feel they are a fraud...

I know I don't find the same depth in her decks that I used to.. but I still enjoy them... When I saw the Goddess Deck.. I just had some flickers of "doubt"... But, you are right... I do think she is sincere... and I am fond of her.. and grateful for the doors she opened up for me... ...

i suppose as i grow, so does she.. and she is trying new things... and learning too.... she definitely makes oracle decks accessible to those that may "fear" tarot (upfront).. and is a wonderful and positive stepping stone...

I'll try not to judge... and not think too hard... and just enjoy the cards for their simplicity.. and her for what I have learned. It doesn't have to be an "either / or"... (in reference to my comparison of her decks and others, above).. I can enjoy each for what it offers... and give the newer ones a chance before I speak...

thanks for "putting me in my place".. so to speak ;)

SongDeva

Heya!
I didn't meant to put you anyplace!
My post was not meant to be a criticism at all, just a suggestion of a way to view it so that you might not feel you need to lose something that had meant something to you once.

I also wanted to make the point that the important discrediting here was within you, and that you didn't need to do it just because you've grown beyond her in some ways now.

I also will add that I like Doreen, but I'm not her champion. heheheh This opinion would apply to all our teachers and friends.

I hope it was helpful!

dolphingirl

I really like the artwork used for theese decks and the quality is really outstanding. That said I almost get the feeling that she has a pile of artwork and a pile of fortune cookie saying and she pulls one from each pile and sticks them together and calls it a card.

I also find her decks alittle to religious in the sayings she chooses and that really saddened me that they feel so Christian to me. I wish that the had sayings that delt more with the human condition than god and religion.

I was also pretty bummed at her mermaid and dolphin decks as there were very few dolphins in it compared to mermaids.

I will still prob by her decks just to enjoy the artwork, as opposed to many other decks out there Dorien's are def getting to be more fluuffy bunnie than substance.

Her decks have a pretty face but there doesn't seem like they have much upstairs int he attic if you get my drift lol :p (joke comming from a natural blond)

Samantha

Genna

I don´t know about a Goddess deck...I´ve enjoyed Doreen Virtues´other decks though...Often they are right on the spot,and I really like the artwork and the positive feeling.They are my feel-good oracle decks,reminding me that sometimes positive thinking can get you out of trouble.

HOLMES

i don't have any of her decks

for she hasnt' yet made a tarot deck , if she makes one as a beutiful as her other oracles then i will be sure to check it out.

a jack of all trades but master of none is sometimes what we need. i myself study tarot, and getting into numerology and astrology , and i am master of none, but in three years time i will be jack of all , eheh.

i think doreen virtue is excellent for the world , for she will teach those wouldn't normally know of goddess, or angels, but through her works.

i haven't an original idea in my body but people like my posts and so what is the harm of clarifying what is ? doreen virtue book on divine guidance really help me , where a previous book that covered the same topic didnt' as much for doreen had a differnt take that helped me.

there is always a differnt slant, and those differnt slants may hinder some, it will help others.

however , notice she hasnt done a numerology, astrology, wicca, or anything outside of her line, in fact i commend her for always studying, for that is one thing i do.

edited to add,
ted andrews does the same thing, and sylvia does as well.
each has a loyal following and so it is like, they are teaching with each book.